List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Would think a value of F1 would at least be 23,29 and some change, would need noble and some change for 13. Cancel out the change and you get 13,23 and 29. So I do see where Collingwood are coming from. Though it seems we are keen on trading out of next years 1st round and into this years draft and see gc's picks as the way of doing it. I just wonder if there are clubs with a better pair of picks with whom we can facilitate a trade for our F1.

Whichever way this plays out, signs are positive. We now seem a real chance of landing Houston, a difference making player. If we miss out on him, we are favoured to obtain pick 13.

Missing out on both would be disappointing, but we'd still be getting something decent back from the Suns, plus something from Port for Richards.

Given we need the F1 for Houston, I assume the deal being worked out is:

• Noble and our first pick this year (30 something?) and a future 2nd for for Pick 13
  • Pick 13, Richard and Future First for Houston?
I dunno, I'm not good at this stuff lol

He might have but Eddie’s prints were all over the pen
The point is that while hindsight has shown that the tough calls made by Ned at the end were the right ones needed to sort out our salary cap mess, and that the loss in terms of players was not as significant as made out, the mess was there in the first place because of the contracts that he signed...

There’s still a long way to go, boys and girls. Let’s not get too excited or cocky.

I can remember us being in the box seat to land Jeremy Cameron and Tom Lynch, too. Our dreams have been smashed on the rocks so many times. Given our history, I won’t believe we’ve got Houston until he turns up to Day 1 of pre-season training.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont underestimate the goodwill that seems to be on show between us, Port and GC. Carlton storming in like knobs and upsetting Port is the way to not approach trade week

Carltank totally Mackied it up.

I understand reluctance to trade F1, but if it is likely to be traded anyway, due to McGuane, using it to bring in a difference making player in Houston would be the best use we've made of one of these picks. Other examples: Beams and splitting into later picks.

Baulking at such a move because we're concerned we could slide down the ladder I think is too risk averse and passes up a genuine chance of getting better and challenging for a flag. I was doubtful on a Houston deal due to his age (27) and wanting to keep picks, but in the special circumstances of McGuane coming in and a couple of players wanting out, I'm fine with it.

There’s still a long way to go, boys and girls. Let’s not get too excited or cocky.

I can remember us being in the box seat to land Jeremy Cameron and Tom Lynch, too. Our dreams have been smashed on the rocks so many times. Given our history, I won’t believe we’ve got Houston until he turns up to Day 1 of pre-season training.

I dont think we were ever in the hunt for either of those 2

Rubbish. We were never in the race for either , save for an embarrassing fence jump by Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back