List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

No he wasn’t, it was astute recruiting.

Back then if you turned 18 before round one you could get drafted out of your bottom age year. Swan had a very strong end to the season and they felt he was a potential top 10 in the next draft so took him early
They also thought he was a late developer like his old man.

Yep unless they fall in our lap as Father Son Cloke and Moore. Last I remember is Reid and Brown from the 2010 premiership.
N Murphy.
B Grundy.
B Mihocek.
M Cox.
J Witts.

IDK can probably throw in Cameron, Dunn, Roughead, Howe, McStay who we all traded for with decent success as well.

I would actually go so far to say that it is the lack of prioritisation of a key forward that has kept us good for so long. Longer to develop, lower success rate, more expensive.

It’s basically Collingwood policy we pick up a lockdown defender for peanuts Dunn - Roughead - Frampton prioritise talent and grab a decent KPP to fill a gap when the opportunity presents (not Hine’s fault McStay hit injury row).

Still think we need to get Haynes in as an UFA to replace what we're lacking with Murphy gone. He's the wrong side of 30 but should fill the role for a year or two before TJ is ready.

Conor Stone is looming as an attractive pick up considering he should only cost a third rounder or second at best.

Hold the future first and go into next year's trade period to get LDU as a RFA and have some capacity to trade for him if they match.

Also... here's hoping big Condon can play KPF 😂

Hold the future first and go into next year's trade period to get LDU as a RFA and have some capacity to trade for him if they match.
Just my opinion, think he’ll re-sign
Young developing list w his mates after going through what he has
Not sure we’re more attractive at this point
I think we’re going to need to find a young player that has potential that can’t crack senior team elsewhere and hope he becomes a gun

Well prob continue to pick KPD as late picks / fringe other clubs
Not sure about KPF - you may be right about Condon (!) or Steene as guys who can just bring ball to ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who have you got in mind for that prized pick
You think freo would prefer Schultz or our first atm?

Our first ain’t helping them this season, where they sit in the top 4 contending. With Sonny cooked they’d kill to have schultz. Even if they pick a good player in the draft (which is no guarantee) given how weakened it is these days, they won’t be having an impact for 2 years

You think freo would prefer Schultz or our first atm?

Our first ain’t helping them this season, where they sit in the top 4 contending. With Sonny cooked they’d kill to have schultz. Even if they pick a good player in the draft (which is no guarantee) given how weakened it is these days, they won’t be having an impact for 2 years
Are you for real? Schultz leaving has helped them and it’s hampered us. They have a likely top 10 pick in exchange for a hack!!

Are you for real? Schultz leaving has helped them and it’s hampered us. They have a likely top 10 pick in exchange for a hack!!
Schultz a hack? Geez i wonder how long you'll last here. Seroisuly I hope you have written to head coach and selectors to advise them of this fact , so they can finally drop him for playing the EXACT roles, very well, they they asked him to do.

Still think we need to get Haynes in as an UFA to replace what we're lacking with Murphy gone. He's the wrong side of 30 but should fill the role for a year or two before TJ is ready.

Conor Stone is looming as an attractive pick up considering he should only cost a third rounder or second at best.

Also... here's hoping big Condon can play KPF 😂
I liked Stone in his 2020 draft year but barely seen him since besides some lukewarm AFL games. Any reason you think he’d be a good pick up still?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back