List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Caro first make this statement a few weeks ago before Balme joined.
I'm with you - I think on face value GA is wrong.
But if he actually said "I only rate 3 players as A graders" then that's completely different context, and probably closer to the view of most people.

But Caro would prefer to leave this context out, even if she was aware of it, as it doesn't suit her narrative.

My understanding is that the two go hand in hand and that he's assessed that we have limited elite talent plus those underneath have been overrated.

For mine as long as the damage to our core 30 players is limited this off-season and the bulk of his work is done within the football department I'm happy. Overall I just want the list to be given the opportunity to show what it can do under good structure not what we've had in the recent past.

The good news I guess is that even if he doesn't rate the list, there won't be wholesale changes at this point in the year that could disrupt the list and force a restart on the rebuild. The players and coaches have 12 months to prove him wrong I guess.

I do find it odd though that Gubby supposedly has so much input in to our list given he's not the list manager. (Yes I am aware that Hine reports to him)

At a guess Gubby will allow autonomy within that department, but overule if he feels its necessary. I'm starting to really speculate on that though so overall my only hope is for list stability because having the most list changes across a five year period is a disgrace and not something we should have highlighted at the member forum.

My understanding is that the two go hand in hand and that he's assessed that we have limited elite talent plus those underneath have been overrated.

For mine as long as the damage to our core 30 players is limited this off-season and the bulk of his work is done within the football department I'm happy. Overall I just want the list to be given the opportunity to show what it can do under good structure not what we've had in the recent past.

At a guess Gubby will allow autonomy within that department, but overule if he feels its necessary. I'm starting to really speculate on that though so overall my only hope is for list stability because having the most list changes across a five year period is a disgrace and not something we should have highlighted at the member forum.
I'd hazard a guess that he wouldn't be particularly impressed at our key position stocks given the recruitment strategy taken at GWS in his time there. Having to rely on Moore as a 21 year old as our primary key forward next year is poor management imo, as was the decision to keep Gault listed for so long. Hopefully at a minimum we'll see a greater emphasis on taking some quality key forwards and defenders over the next couple of years.

Brad will lose all credibility if he doesnt cut Ray, Nahas, Tippett, otherwise he is not rebuilding which flies in the face of the decision on Boomer
Ray retired, Nahas was delisted last night and Tippett is merely a rookie, so either way, he's not getting any more games.

because having the most list changes across a five year period is a disgrace and not something we should have highlighted at the member forum.
I think the reason that was highlighted may have been missed by a few.
I saw it as an explanation, (excuse) for where we are at.

Looking at the age demigraphics of the players that Buckley is interested in.
He would be excited over the news that the roos delisted Nahas and Ray . Our next two dads army recruits .
Maybe were getting some kind of subsidy or grant from the federal government for recruiting pensioners lol..
You don't really understand the dynamics of a club's list do you?

I think the reason that was highlighted may have been missed by a few.
I saw it as an explanation, (excuse) for where we are at.

That makes it all the more frustrating for me as an explanation (excuse) mechanism because it's completely within our own control...

I'd hazard a guess that he wouldn't be particularly impressed at our key position stocks given the recruitment strategy taken at GWS in his time there. Having to rely on Moore as a 21 year old as our primary key forward next year is poor management imo, as was the decision to keep Gault listed for so long. Hopefully at a minimum we'll see a greater emphasis on taking some quality key forwards and defenders over the next couple of years.

I must admit I'm nowhere near as down on our KPF stocks as others on here if we can find the right player(s) in this draft.

I think the game is moving away from KPF twin towers and more towards guys that just kick goals regardless of type. I'm working on some analysis ATM to present on here, but overall I'm not convinced we're in need of a specific type of forward.

A core forward line consisting of Moore, White, Elliott, Fasolo and Broomhead/ Sidebottom works for me as of next year with others rotating through. More work on chemistry and ball use will allow that forward half to work, IMO. Build on that with another couple of forward options to compliment Crocker at VFL level and I think we're ok.

Is Jobe Watson a chance to leave the Bombers? He would be a handy addition and probably has a couple of good years left.
Shit no!

Don't want this filthy campaigner around our club or his prick of an old man.

Sorry I meant in the next couple of years. Bad choice of words.
It's all good, he knew what you meant, that was a patented BaltiJack thigh slapper!
(So it's understandable that you missed it)

I must admit I'm nowhere near as down on our KPF stocks as others on here if we can find the right player(s) in this draft.

I think the game is moving away from KPF twin towers and more towards guys that just kick goals regardless of type. I'm working on some analysis ATM to present on here, but overall I'm not convinced we're in need of a specific type of forward.

A core forward line consisting of Moore, White, Elliott, Fasolo and Broomhead/ Sidebottom works for me as of next year with others rotating through. More work on chemistry and ball use will allow that forward half to work, IMO. Build on that with another couple of forward options to compliment Crocker at VFL level and I think we're ok.

I agree 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well okay, it is a total re-build. Now the Boomer decision makes some sense

Interesting, NM word is NM might trade Swallow to the GC, wonder what they'll get for him? A couple of their mid twenty picks?

Interesting, NM word is NM might trade Swallow to the GC, wonder what they'll get for him? A couple of their mid twenty picks?
Lol, we would be lucky get one low 20's pick for him. Hasn't been the same post Achilles injury.

Don't want this filthy campaigner around our club or his prick of an old man.
Not a fan of Tim Watson?
He's ok, not sure the fuss against him.
Very witty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back