List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of Tim Watson?
He's ok, not sure the fuss against him.
Very witty

Agree Tims ok I am quite indifferent to him

I dont want Jobe because its patently clear he is not even sure if he wants to play again. The banned players have all returned to training (hes available next week) and still he hasnt given Essendon a decision.

Should retire.

Avoid.

Fair enough mate, GC will definitely offer one though.
I hope so. Tbh, Dumont is Swallow's direct replacement and so much more skilled than Swallow. Swallow was a b-grade tackling gun once upon a time.

I must admit I'm nowhere near as down on our KPF stocks as others on here if we can find the right player(s) in this draft.

I think the game is moving away from KPF twin towers and more towards guys that just kick goals regardless of type. I'm working on some analysis ATM to present on here, but overall I'm not convinced we're in need of a specific type of forward.

A core forward line consisting of Moore, White, Elliott, Fasolo and Broomhead/ Sidebottom works for me as of next year with others rotating through. More work on chemistry and ball use will allow that forward half to work, IMO. Build on that with another couple of forward options to compliment Crocker at VFL level and I think we're ok.
I must stop doing this - I agree with you.

I think that ball movement and players that can kick goals may be the way to go.
There are really not many stay at home forwards/defenders in the game and can see both these areas becoming more like the midfield with players rotating.

Look forward to what you come up with in your analysis.

What do we think of the signing of Brendan Sanderson as new assist? Will that make him fwd coach?

Good appointment I think.

Harvey - Backs
Burns - Mids
Sanderson - Forwards

That fills all the line coaching roles for 2017.

I dont want Jobe because its patently clear he is not even sure if he wants to play again. The banned players have all returned to training (hes available next week) and still he hasnt given Essendon a decision.

Should retire.

Avoid.
He'll play for Essendon in 2017.

To be fair I don't rate many journo's or how 'important' individuals within the industry have become to the stories. Specifically on Mr Buzz, I believe his ability is best portrayed by the fact that he missed on a position within the HS to Robbo.

Wow - Good call. I never thought about it like that. :eek:

What do we think of the signing of Brendan Sanderson as new assist? Will that make him fwd coach?

Not my preferred choice, but its a solid move.

The two that are most important from here are the senior assistant and player development manager.

Given Buckley has openly admitted our desire to replicate the Bulldogs, as long as he doesn't get the senior gig at Brisbane, Montgomery is a no brainer as the senior assistant. Then if we can bring in Tyson Edwards as player development manager I'd consider that a solid off-season of FD changes.

The two that are most important from here are the senior assistant and player development manager.

Given Buckley has openly admitted our desire to replicate the Bulldogs, as long as he doesn't get the senior gig at Brisbane, Montgomery is a no brainer as the senior assistant. Then if we can bring in Tyson Edwards as player development manager I'd consider that a solid off-season of FD changes.

Agree

Reckon Stevie J will be in the mix as well if he doesn't play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Harvey as defensive coach, Burns midfield and Sando forward. Coaching panel finalised. No senior assistant? Or is Tapping in line for a promotion and just not being announced until the VFL season finishes?

Agree

Reckon Stevie J will be in the mix as well if he doesn't play on.

Have you heard whether he's done the level 3 coaching cert yet?

Montgomery for me stands out for the senior assistant role as much for the level 4 he's done, but I get the feeling you won't get a gig at AFL level without level 3 as a minimum. Unless of course you can do it on the job.

Should retire.

Avoid.

its a huge decision. if he goes back it weakens his civil claim.

Have you heard whether he's done the level 3 coaching cert yet?

Montgomery for me stands out for the senior assistant role as much for the level 4 he's done, but I get the feeling you won't get a gig at AFL level without level 3 as a minimum. Unless of course you can do it on the job.

I don't think we need a senior assistant coach. Surely advice from 3 line coaches is enough?
Use the extra cash on development.

I am going to add something a little different here. People on this site oerrate draft picks, they hear first round and start doing summer-saults one way or another.

I think we are a better chance to get into the first round then people think, best case for Witts is he chooses Dogs or GCS.

Looking at recent history these players have been taken at 15,16,17 - it's likely Dogs will have pick 16.

2015: 15, Kennedy, 16, Rioli, 17, Doedee
2014: Garlett, Durdin, Langford
2013: Jones, Lang, Apeness
2012: Garner, Thurlow, Simpson
2011: Ellis, Sheridan, Smith
2010: Shmedts, Jacobs, Atley
2009: Howard, Pittard, Menzel.
2008: Brown, Soenmakers, Blease.
2007: Tarrant, Lobbe, Taylor
2006: O'Keefe, Brown, Hampson
2005: Varcoe, Douglass, Pfeiffer

Looking at that list, it's about a 50/50 chance that the player will be a serviceable HFF, HBF, There is a few gems but they are rare.
Where are the Dogs at? They are very close, and it's time to start trading in players for needs, no need for the HFF's midfielders so they wat for them to develop. It's not as far-fetched as many seem to believe that he'll net us a late first. Dogs, GWS and GCS are the keys us getting in the first round. Clubs potentially get a bargain with a late first.

I don't think we need a senior assistant coach. Surely advice from 3 line coaches is enough?
Use the extra cash on development.

Buckley is skating on thin ice so another strong influence in the box couldn't hurt. Then there'the scenario of him falling through that ice in which case having Montgomery there is a win.

Buckley is skating on thin ice so another strong influence in the box couldn't hurt. Then there'the scenario of him falling through that ice in which case having Montgomery there is a win.

I know where you are coming from, but he has been senior coach long enough now to be able to run the show. If he can't then he is the wrong man anyway.
Head of development would be a good idea now with all the youth we have on the list.

If we get Maric across for Ruck Development and one of the Norfour to help out the younger players , that would make it from solid to rock hard imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back