List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we get Rockliff hopefully it is a package of Greenwood, Blair and Oxley. Seriously we have enough of his type. We must get into the first round at all costs to get a guy who may or may not be any good.

Tony Sheehan was on the money last year re Aish. Apparently he's pretty good at this stuff.

Mike Sheehan's son too isn't he? By extension the brother of one of Collingwood's latest female recruits. Might give him some sort of an incite as to who's been spotted around the Holden Centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Sheehan was on the money last year re Aish. Apparently he's pretty good at this stuff.

Correct, however every man and his dog new we were front runners for Aish from early last year.Eventhough there was also interest from the roos,hawks and blues.
Still would love to know what the deal is with Blair? Being one that Buckley rates , i would have thought he would have signed by now. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds?
Brown in my opinion is gone , personally i hope i am wrong. As we have not got to many options when it comes to key defenders.
With Frost not to fussed i dont rate him, talk is the lions are keen if they want to pay slightly overs i think we should take there draft pick and run for the hills!

I am going to add something a little different here. People on this site oerrate draft picks, they hear first round and start doing summer-saults one way or another.

I think we are a better chance to get into the first round then people think, best case for Witts is he chooses Dogs or GCS.

Looking at recent history these players have been taken at 15,16,17 - it's likely Dogs will have pick 16.

2015: 15, Kennedy, 16, Rioli, 17, Doedee
2014: Garlett, Durdin, Langford
2013: Jones, Lang, Apeness
2012: Garner, Thurlow, Simpson
2011: Ellis, Sheridan, Smith
2010: Shmedts, Jacobs, Atley
2009: Howard, Pittard, Menzel.
2008: Brown, Soenmakers, Blease.
2007: Tarrant, Lobbe, Taylor
2006: O'Keefe, Brown, Hampson
2005: Varcoe, Douglass, Pfeiffer

Looking at that list, it's about a 50/50 chance that the player will be a serviceable HFF, HBF, There is a few gems but they are rare.
Where are the Dogs at? They are very close, and it's time to start trading in players for needs, no need for the HFF's midfielders so they wat for them to develop. It's not as far-fetched as many seem to believe that he'll net us a late first. Dogs, GWS and GCS are the keys us getting in the first round. Clubs potentially get a bargain with a late first.
I personally reckon you underrate draft picks - they possess the future stars of the game, and it's up to the clubs and their list managers to determine which of those players will. Just because some recruiters stuffed up in the last few years, that shouldn't put us off draft picks forever. And just because you don't like draft picks, it doesn't mean that list managers will agree with your theory and part with top picks for average footballers.

*Also I can't help but point out that it's impossible for the Bulldogs to get pick 16 unless there is a ridiculous free agency compo (close to impossible) or a club gets a prior pick taken off them for some reason.

l thought with Sando now onboard we would have a good shot at landing Henderson.
l still think we will get Wells, l think our offer is one he is happy with and will take despite late interest from the Cats.
WHE l keep hearing we will get him but not sure about that, l think he will stay at GWS or end up at Essendon.
Stewart l think maybe the one we will try and pry out of GWS. Also l think a chance to still get Marchbank.

l thought with Sando now onboard we would have a good shot at landing Henderson.
l still think we will get Wells, l think our offer is one he is happy with and will take despite late interest from the Cats.
WHE l keep hearing we will get him but not sure about that, l think he will stay at GWS or end up at Essendon.
Stewart l think maybe the one we will try and pry out of GWS. Also l think a chance to still get Marchbank.

I think if Marchbank nominates us, Carlton want Witts, then we should look at a 3 way trade. It's scary who Witts nominates, let's just keep our fingers crossed he chooses either GWS or GCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back