List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, it's looking like a pretty boring draft night for us. There is every chance we go in with just the picks of Daicos and Brown to make.

If we take Wells and WHE, and look to promote Cox and Smith, there really isn't much more room.

I'm assuming maybe Goodyear gets delisted, and maybe someone like Brown or Frost change clubs which should mean around 5-7 list changes.

It might also be a case where we simply have to keep Smith on the rookie list. He has another year.

I'd be very content with:

In: Wells, three draft selections (Daicos, Brown, and one more), upgrades to Cox and Smith
Out: Swan, MacAffer, Toovey, Cloke, Witts, Goodyear

Williams and Oxley are the other two I wonder about. I feel we'd need to lose one or both if we are committing to WHE as well.

All things going well our best 'recruit' for next year is Elliott. Possibly our second best recruit will be Scharenberg.

A much better run with injuries and Daniel Wells is fine by me, nothing else, be it trading into the first round and/or other potential trade targets/free agents excites me.

Some news coming through of interest here:

[URL='https://twitter.com/AFLnewsresults' said:
AFL News ‏@AFLnewsresults [/URL] 18m18 minutes ago
Adelaide half back Ricky Henderson has had a medical testing session with North Melbourne.[/SIZE]

[B said:
AFL News[/B] ‏@AFLnewsresults [/URL] 20m20 minutes ago
Geelong have also thrown their hat into the ring along with Collingwood in chasing the signature of out of contract Roo Daniel Wells.

I'd be very content with:

In: Wells, three draft selections (Daicos, Brown, and one more), upgrades to Cox and Smith
Out: Swan, MacAffer, Toovey, Cloke, Witts, Goodyear

Williams and Oxley are the other two I wonder about. I feel we'd need to lose one or both if we are committing to WHE as well.

All things going well our best 'recruit' for next year is Elliott. Possibly our second best recruit will be Scharenberg.

A much better run with injuries and Daniel Wells is fine by me, nothing else, be it trading into the first round and/or other potential trade targets/free agents excites me.

That's pretty close to the mark I reckon. Maybe Oxley out and another traded player in eg when who I admit I know little about.

And maybe Goodyear rerookied.

As for "recruit" of the year dont write off Ramsay. And will be interested to see Sier in his second season

If we get a single live pick in the top 20-25 (plus Brown Daicos and maybe a late pick) that may be enough. Youth is not something we lack.

There should be 2-3 openings for new draftees in the rookie list as well.

I agree, although I don't see the point of a pick in the 20's. I think we need to push hard for a first rounder or a future first rounder so at least we start covering our obligations to recruit 2 first round picks over a 4 year period.

I'd be relatively happy with a trade/draft period where we get:

1 x First round pick (or future)
Daicos + Brown
Wells
WHE

That's already 5 list spots, so means we could either use another one at the draft, or alternatively go for Mayne, Henderson or Dal Santo. I think if we get 1 first rounder + Daicos/Brown, then the last 3 spots can go to mature recruits.

I'm tipping 6 list changes (with Goodyear delisted), however that will likely increase if Brown leaves, or we trade Frost or Oxley.

I don't see a need to promote a rookie just yet, although Mason Cox may have to be since we have little options up forward.

That's pretty close to the mark I reckon. Maybe Oxley out and another traded player in eg when who I admit I know little about.

And maybe Goodyear rerookied.

As for "recruit" of the year dont write off Ramsay. And will be interested to see Sier in his second season

Sier was basically taken in the knowledge his first year was going to be an education. So the way I see it, he is like a new recruit this year. The fact we got Crocker and Phillips so cheap last year already makes that draft pretty strong for us. So I see Sier as potentially a free hit this year.

I don't see a need to promote a rookie just yet, although Mason Cox may have to be since we have little options up forward.

Cox has to be promoted for the reasons you stated and Smith played 18 consecutive games in his debut season averageing 21 disposals

We have to make room for them on the senior list.

Cox has to be promoted for the reasons you stated and Smith played 18 consecutive games in his debut season averageing 21 disposals

We have to make room for them on the senior list.

Frost played all games one year and wasn't promoted. I don't think we should be in a rush to promote Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only word I heard re rockliff was some old bloke calling up Sen earlier saying the reason balme and hine were in Brisbane the tiger week was to discuss a trade rockliff for witts keefe and Thomas

The only word I heard re rockliff was some old bloke calling up Sen earlier saying the reason balme and hine were in Brisbane the tiger week was to discuss a trade rockliff for witts keefe and Thomas
Any trade thats been suggested with the trading of Keeffe and Thomas are automatically stupid.

Witts , Keeffe and Thomas, Brisbane would be making out like bandits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back