List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We will get smashed against Cloke Crameri Stringer Boyd. Who is going to play on all them?
keefe on boyd, reid on crameri, maynard on stringer, howe intercepting, then just setup a wall to keep clokey within 30m of goal and just watch him eat away at there spirit!!! lol 15 goals 7 behinds will beat 6 goals 27 behinds everytime!:p

Was given a shot did well but Buckley still dropped him. Your exaggerating how shocking he was. Had performances where he'd take nine marks but still dropped. The professional football world can go **** itself for I care.
Mike, what good is it if Cloke is getting cheap marks at CHB or on the wing?. His stats tell a different story. Here are the stats on his marking for 2016
Syd - Marks: 0; Contested Marks: 0; Marks inside 50: 0; Goals: 0
Rich - Marks: 6; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 3; Goals: 1
StK - Marks: 7; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 3; Goals: 2
Mel - Marks: 4; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 2
Por - Marks: 6; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 1; Goals: 0
Fre - Marks: 7; Contested Marks: 2; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 2
Car - Marks: 9; Contested Marks: 4; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 0
Gws - Marks: 12; Contested Marks: 5; Marks inside 50: 6; Goals: 4
Ade - Marks: 7; Contested Marks: 3; Marks inside 50: 0; Goals: 2
Nth - Marks: 3; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 0; Goals: 0
Wce - Marks: 7; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 1
Rich - Marks: 9; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 1
Haw - Marks: 8; Contested Marks: 4; Marks inside 50: 5; Goals: 2

2013 – Games: 22; Kicks: 258; HB: 65; Marks: 190; MI50: 99; CM: 58; Goals: 68; BH: 51

2014 – Games: 20; Kicks: 187; HB: 58; Marks: 137; MI50: 59; CM: 32; Goals: 39; BH: 30

2015 – Games: 17; Kicks: 167; HB: 48; Marks: 112; MI50: 38; CM: 35; Goals: 34; BH: 23

2016 – Games 13; Kicks: 139; HB: 25; Marks: 87; MI50: 27; CM: 25; Goals: 17; BH: 16

Mike, what good is it if Cloke is getting cheap marks at CHB or on the wing?.

That assumes all his marks are cheap whi there are not, they usually the result of a contested mark or outworking his opponent. The good is he drags his opponent up the feild then gives Moore or White a one on one down the field.

His stats tell a different story. Here are the stats on his marking for 2016
Syd - Marks: 0; Contested Marks: 0; Marks inside 50: 0; Goals: 0
Rich - Marks: 6; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 3; Goals: 1
StK - Marks: 7; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 3; Goals: 2
Mel - Marks: 4; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 2
Por - Marks: 6; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 1; Goals: 0
Fre - Marks: 7; Contested Marks: 2; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 2
Car - Marks: 9; Contested Marks: 4; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 0
Gws - Marks: 12; Contested Marks: 5; Marks inside 50: 6; Goals: 4
Ade - Marks: 7; Contested Marks: 3; Marks inside 50: 0; Goals: 2
Nth - Marks: 3; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 0; Goals: 0
Wce - Marks: 7; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 1
Rich - Marks: 9; Contested Marks: 1; Marks inside 50: 2; Goals: 1
Haw - Marks: 8; Contested Marks: 4; Marks inside 50: 5; Goals: 2

2013 – Games: 22; Kicks: 258; HB: 65; Marks: 190; MI50: 99; CM: 58; Goals: 68; BH: 51

2014 – Games: 20; Kicks: 187; HB: 58; Marks: 137; MI50: 59; CM: 32; Goals: 39; BH: 30

2015 – Games: 17; Kicks: 167; HB: 48; Marks: 112; MI50: 38; CM: 35; Goals: 34; BH: 23

2016 – Games 13; Kicks: 139; HB: 25; Marks: 87; MI50: 27; CM: 25; Goals: 17; BH: 16

They don't really tell a different story. His marks were still high.

keefe on boyd, reid on crameri, maynard on stringer, howe intercepting, then just setup a wall to keep clokey within 30m of goal and just watch him eat away at there spirit!!! lol 15 goals 7 behinds will beat 6 goals 27 behinds everytime!:p
Reid on crameri is a horrible match up, crameri way too agile i think! Reid would be left in his dust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guys over on the north board still think wells is going to geelong? this board is so long now I haven't got in in me to go back over everything. is there any ideas, is he still coming here?

In the words of Hine, the Bulldogs don't have a 3rd rounder.
These things can be a pretty fluid thing once they get going, especially when you think about trades the Dogs will so with others, and 3 or even 4-club deals so that everyone gets more of what they want. Hoping Hine will get it done!

You aren't gathering a point with that, Josh Smith is already a far better kick then Lumumba was.

He really isn't. All his kicks are safe and non damaging and even then he can miss some. Lumumba at least set up fast breaks and got the momentum of the play moving forward.

Sorry but couldn't disagree more. Cloke won't play 30 games at the dogs over those two years. He will end up VFL playing and wishing he had stayed at the pies. If Beveridge drops Stringer on form and ethic then Cloke won't play more than a dozen games in a row before stinking it up or not working hard enough and getting dropped for it. He's especially cooked when they get Redpath back in 2018, putting last in the pecking order. That's why dogs will pay no more than a late 30's pick for him...

We'll see.

There comes a time when a player has to take responsibility for getting the best out of himself. If he thinks that a change of environment will spark that sense of responsibility, good luck to him. I'll wait to see what comes of it before I start plotting the demise of the club.
I would have preferred that he stayed but I'm not going to absolve him all responsibility when it comes to his substandard performances. IMO, him being a scapegoat for the board is a convenient argument for some who stop at the coaching variable and don't want to look any further.

I am not absolving Cloke of any blame far from it.......what I stand by is my claim he was dropped the first time to make it "hard" for him to trigger a big contract again in 2017.

I am not absolving Cloke of any blame far from it.......what I stand by is my claim he was dropped the first time to make it "hard" for him to trigger a big contract again in 2017.
His clauses weren't set very high if that's what did it, cause he's been average for 3 years now.

I'm glad the club is thinking this way if true, being ruthless can only help

He really isn't. All his kicks are safe and non damaging and even then he can miss some. Lumumba at least set up fast breaks and got the momentum of the play moving forward.
Given the choice between a player getting the ball trying to take on his opponent and then handballing to a teammate under pressure/long bombing to nobody, or getting the ball and dishing it off cleanly to another player who will do some damage, I'll take the latter thanks.

Need to keep brown

Given the choice between a player getting the ball trying to take on his opponent and then handballing to a teammate under pressure/long bombing to nobody, or getting the ball and dishing it off cleanly to another player who will do some damage, I'll take the latter thanks.

I think Lumumba was more productive with his runs then he's given credit for but I'm not losing sleep over him.

You've been consistent in your conviction that that is what happened and I respect that, but I still find it hard to get my head around the idea.
Anyway, it seems the Collingwood part of the Cloke family story is coming to the end, and I must say, I'm more than ready to move on.

That's some fair intelligence you have there, Levendi.
The fact that the strategy got out to you points to 3 things.
1) The Pies were brazen by talking about it openly in the club and hence legal action is a real possibility. Fair arrogance.
2) someone has taken creative licence with the story and added a bit of mayo.
3) your source has connections to someone who doesn't know when to keep his/her mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back