List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cloke trade isn't done yet. Early reports sound like we are going to give him up cheaply, but I'll believe it when I see it.

So far we have more than maximised every trade we have made.

It's a different question altogether whether we should've worked harder to keep the guys that left. That's an argument that will probably never be resolved.

However, in terms of the trades we made, I think we've won every one comfortably. Even to allowing Daisy Thomas to walk as a FA an manipulating a pick 6 out of it.

Spot on.

Lot of people jump on our trade deals and pour cold water on them but history is a pretty interest 'lens'. I cant think of many deals where our guys didn't draw level or win when you judge them with hindsight. I think that is a massive credit to Dekka. Only bloke I can think that has burnt us at another club has been shaw and more than happy with how that panned out.

The only one I can remember us really stuffing up was Stevie J

Cloke will run himself around in circles, confuse the hell out if anyone else in their forward, take a mark in the square and promptly thread a point. What are you worried about?

Cloke will take marks up the field draw defenders and allow their forward one on ones inside the 50. He did that against West Coast which helped Moore kick 4. A pity Buckley didn't play those two together more often.

Posters have out against Cloke I don't care what they think anymore. Their hatred for the man will always cloud their judgement. He's been a scapegoat of the board and Buckley has run with it.

He's been crap. You seem to be one of the few people, including in the professional football world, who rates what he's dished up this year. He got multiple shots to prove he was hard done by when bought back in the team but was very disappointing. I could have taken deterioration, but the efforts were shocking.

Spot on.

Lot of people jump on our trade deals and pour cold water on them but history is a pretty interest 'lens'. I cant think of many deals where our guys didn't draw level or win when you judge them with hindsight. I think that is a massive credit to Dekka. Only bloke I can think that has burnt us at another club has been shaw and more than happy with how that panned out.

The only one I can remember us really stuffing up was Stevie J

I don't blame the club for Stevie. Yea, he's gone on to do some great things for football, but what if he reinjured himself(like all Collingwood players do). We'll be going "omfg he failed a medical test".

This typifies the defender he's been.

As for Lumumba, Maynard was shit for the first half of the year. I would have rather Lumumba play for the first half of the year and Maynard force his way into the side at the expense of someone than just been given games because we have no other options.

Attack of the wet lettuce

Gets dropped just so we can use players aren't performing excuse and inexperience when the reality is Buckley hasn't gotten the best out of him.

It is when they even that bad. He was even slammed on his good performances.

I strongly dislike him as a coach.
How has Cloke been used as an excuse for the poor performances of others?

He's been crap. You seem to be one of the few people, including in the professional football world, who rates what he's dished up this year. He got multiple shots to prove he was hard done by when bought back in the team but was very disappointing. I could have taken deterioration, but the efforts were shocking.

Was given a shot did well but Buckley still dropped him. Your exaggerating how shocking he was. Had performances where he'd take nine marks but still dropped. The professional football world can go **** itself for I care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it cause I hate the scum with passion but if Weitering Plowman Curnow McKay Marchbank reach there potential.i think within 3 years they will have the best big key position players in the league.
Who other than Weitering has shown anything of note at AFL level? Those are just names on paper. Happy for Marchbank to be Moore's future stepladder.

Cloke will take marks up the field draw defenders and allow their forward one on ones inside the 50. He did that against West Coast which helped Moore kick 4. A pity Buckley didn't play those two together more often.
There's every chance that the defenders will enjoy him running up the ground because they'll just to drop back in front of the forwards inside the 50. Let him roam up to the wings as the damage he'll do will be limited. His field kicking is overrated and reeks of commentators trying to find something positive out of what has been a very expensive 4 or so years for a one year return.

Was given a shot did well but Buckley still dropped him. Your exaggerating how shocking he was. Had performances where he'd take nine marks but still dropped. The professional football world can go **** itself for I care.

Mike they have made up their mind on Cloke.........stop banging your head against the wall mate.

By the way scapegoat is spot on.

Bulldogs are obviously fans...

Mike they have made up their mind on Cloke.........stop banging your head against the wall mate.

By the way scapegoat is spot on.
There comes a time when a player has to take responsibility for getting the best out of himself. If he thinks that a change of environment will spark that sense of responsibility, good luck to him. I'll wait to see what comes of it before I start plotting the demise of the club.
I would have preferred that he stayed but I'm not going to absolve him all responsibility when it comes to his substandard performances. IMO, him being a scapegoat for the board is a convenient argument for some who stop at the coaching variable and don't want to look any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back