List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read this 'Ace' stayed buried in the deck during yesterdays VFL final

Don't read too much into that game NT it would have been better if the whole team didn't turn up yesterday.

Ten minutes into the game I thought something was off.........I never leave games but I left at three quarter time.

By the way I went to the previous five VFL games.

Like I said Witts is the key for us in this trade period.

Mayne 3 or 4 - tell me you jest

Mayne 3 I can live with...its seems like hes been around forvever but in reality hes only 28...

Wells will be a great pickup. Especially if it means we arent geting Dal Santo.

I'm ok with older players as long as we only take two of them (plus maybe Maric on the rookie list). Any more than two is too many.

Bruest isn't going anywhere, his manager Neil McMullin denied it.

They get Roughead and potentially Vickery why would you get rid of Breust makes no sense.

I might be mad, but Breust wouldn't be that far off a straight swap for JOM given O'Meara's knees. Witts would be strictly steak knives in that kind of deal.

"If" JOM gets over his knee injurie then he is equivalent to two Breusts.

Witts is more than steak knives to Gold Coast because they want players........lets just hope he chooses them.

Collingwood Hypothetical Trade Period 2016

Player List Spots 2016: 43

Delisting/Retirementss:
Dane Swan (retire) – confirmed
Alan Toovey (retire) – confirmed
Brent Macaffer (retire) – confirmed
Matthew Goodyear (delist) – hasn’t made enough progress. Best of luck to him.
Corey Gault (delist) – all but confirmed
Tim Golds (delist) – all but confirmed

Re-signings of uncontracted players:
Jarryd Blair (1 year – open to re-signing but just not long term. Fringe player at best)
Darren Wyatt (1 year – no reason to delist when his salary isn’t part of the cap)
Jesse White (1 year + performance based 2nd year – improved when playing for his career, do it again)
Lachlan Keefe (1 year – can rookies be re-signed before having to draft them again? I’m hoping so)
Josh Thomas (1 year – Lachlan Keefe)

Free agency:
Chris Mayne (4 years - $500k p/y, triggering an end of 1st round compensation pick)
Rationale: Medium forward with quality in the defensive area of the game. Improvement on Blair. Contract isn’t ideal but I reckon the club might have something up their sleeves here

Will Minson (1 year - $200k, no compo)
Rationale: Quality insurance to replace Witts whom is on the out. Will act as a back-up to Grundy and if injury happens, I still believe he’s AFL quality to come in and replace Brodes.

Daniel Wells (2 years - $550k p/y; 3rd year based on 2nd year performances)
Rationale: Trade instead of free agency to avoid losing compensation for Nathan Brown. Exceptional outside midfielder with elite pace and kicking ability, we lack natural outside mids and he takes out midfield to another level.

Nathan Brown to North Melbourne (3 years - $400k p/y, compensation rubbed out by Mayne)
Rationale: I reckon the game has gone a bit past Browny and think a new club is a need for him to prolong his career. Always a premiership player.

Trades:

Trade 1:
Collingwood get: End of first-round compensation pick (19), Ed Langdon
Fremantle get: Jarrod Witts, Marley Williams
Rationale: Collingwood get back into the 1st round so they can deal with their pick in a trade next year if need be and they recruit Langdon’s brother with upside and visibly an accumulator for an outside midfielder. Dockers get a #1 ruck for when Sandi retires next year as well as a quality small lock-down defender; of which we have too many of.

Trade 2:
Collingwood get: Pick 28, Pick 59
Western Bulldogs get: Travis Cloke,
Gold Coast get: Lin Jong, Levi Greenwood
Rationale: I love my man Levi but Rupert Wills is a long-term upgrade so I wouldn’t be totally against removing Levi from the club if we could get a decent pick in return. 58 is thrown in as steak knives so we don’t lose a list spot and as the Suns will most likely pass on that pick anyway.

Trade 3:
Collingwood get: Pick 46
Port Adelaide get: Tim Broomhead
Rationale: Four years of being a fringe player I believe is enough for Tim – time to cut our losses and move him on for the good of his career.

Trade 4:
Collingwood get: Pick 15, Pick 22, Pick 41 (2369 points)
Gold Coast get: Pick 19, Pick 26, Pick 28 (2354 points)
Rationale: This is heavily reliant on the Suns landing the Hawks 1st pick in the JOM trade. Suns pocket some extra points for their 2 academy boys, and we move up in the draft order.

Draft picks at this point: 15, 22, 41, 44, 59, 62, 80, 98, 116
*Please note all picks have been pushed back due to a Pick 19 compo for Mayne being pulled out of my ass.

Draft: Real write-ups can be found in the draft thread
Pick 15 – Griffin Logue – key defender from Swan Districts, replacement for Nathan Brown. Absolute quality.
Pick 22 – Josh Battle/Patrick Kerr – both very different but both very welcome additions.
Pick 41, 44, 59, 62 to be used all on securing Brown and Daicos, whom are just as much our kids as they are their actual parents’
Pick 80 – upgrade Josh Smith to senior list
Pick 98 – upgrade Mason Cox to senior list

36 players are then on our senior list for 2016. Use 4 remaining rookie spots to recover list weaknesses - tall defender, small forward, mature-aged ruck, outside midfielder

Best 22 2016:
B: Jeremy Howe, Jonathan Marsh, Brayden Maynard
HB: Taylor Adams, Ben Reid, Tom Langdon
C: Jack Crisp, Jordan De Goey, Daniel Wells
HF: Alex Fasolo, Jesse White, Steele Sidebottom
F: Chris Mayne, Darcy Moore, Jamie Elliott
R: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar
Int: James Aish, Josh Smith, Ben Sinclair, Travis Varcoe

Reserves 22 2016:
B: Tyson Goldsack, Griffin Logue, Jack Frost
HB: Matthew Scharenberg, Lachlan Keefe, Jackson Ramsay
C: Adam Oxley, Tom Phillips, Ed Langdon
HF: Jarryd Blair, Josh Battle, Callum Brown
F: Josh Daicos, Mason Cox, Ben Crocker
R: Will Minson, Josh Thomas, Rupert Wills
Int: Brayden Sier

Last edited:
I don't think a lot of those posts are saying he can't perform.. Just that he is an enormous flog. Don't get me wrong I want finals as much as the next guy but having a tool of that caliber in the team is like recruiting the lead singer of Linkin Park into Stone Temple Pilots.. Job is getting done but it makes me feel ill in the process
Strange opinion given that it's a scientific fact that Scott Weiland was the biggest tool flog in rock n roll history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free agency:
Chris Mayne (4 years - $500k p/y, triggering an end of 1st round compensation pick)
Rationale: Medium forward with quality in the defensive area of the game. Improvement on Blair. Contract isn’t ideal but I reckon the club might have something up their sleeves here

Rationale: Quality insurance to replace Witts whom is on the out. Will act as a back-up to Grundy and if injury happens, I still believe he’s AFL quality to come in and replace Brodes.

Nathan Brown to North Melbourne (3 years - $400k p/y, 2nd round compensation pick)
Rationale: I reckon the game has gone a bit past Browny and think a new club is a need for him to prolong his career. Always a premiership player.

We won't get compensation for Brown, if we take Mayne. Might as well save next years 3rd.

Collingwood Hypothetical Trade Period 2016

Player List Spots 2016: 43

Delisting/Retirementss:
Dane Swan (retire) – confirmed
Alan Toovey (retire) – confirmed
Brent Macaffer (retire) – confirmed
Matthew Goodyear (delist) – hasn’t made enough progress. Best of luck to him.
Corey Gault (delist) – all but confirmed
Tim Golds (delist) – all but confirmed

Re-signings of uncontracted players:
Jarryd Blair (1 year – open to re-signing but just not long term. Fringe player at best)
Darren Wyatt (1 year – no reason to delist when his salary isn’t part of the cap)
Jesse White (1 year + performance based 2nd year – improved when playing for his career, do it again)
Lachlan Keefe (1 year – can rookies be re-signed before having to draft them again? I’m hoping so)
Josh Thomas (1 year – Lachlan Keefe)

Free agency:

Nathan Brown to North Melbourne (3 years - $400k p/y, 2nd round compensation pick)

Trades:
Trade 1:
Collingwood get: Daniel Wells
North Melbourne get: 2017 3rd round pick
Rationale: Trade instead of free agency to avoid losing compensation for Nathan Brown. Exceptional outside midfielder with elite pace and kicking ability, we lack natural outside mids and he takes out midfield to another level.

Trade 2:
Collingwood get: End of first-round compensation pick (19), Ed Langdon
Fremantle get: Jarrod Witts, Marley Williams
Rationale: Collingwood get back into the 1st round so they can deal with their pick in a trade next year if need be and they recruit Langdon’s brother with upside and visibly an accumulator for an outside midfielder. Dockers get a #1 ruck for when Sandi retires next year as well as a quality small lock-down defender; of which we have too many of.

Trade 3:
Collingwood get: Pick 28, Pick 59
Western Bulldogs get: Travis Cloke,
Gold Coast get: Lin Jong, Levi Greenwood
Rationale: I love my man Levi but Rupert Wills is a long-term upgrade so I wouldn’t be totally against removing Levi from the club if we could get a decent pick in return. 58 is thrown in as steak knives so we don’t lose a list spot and as the Suns will most likely pass on that pick anyway.

Trade 4:
Collingwood get: Pick 46
Port Adelaide get: Tim Broomhead
Rationale: Four years of being a fringe player I believe is enough for Tim – time to cut our losses and move him on for the good of his career.

Trade 5:
Collingwood get: Pick 15, Pick 22, Pick 41 (2369 points)
Gold Coast get: Pick 19, Pick 26, Pick 28 (2354 points)
Rationale: This is heavily reliant on the Suns landing the Hawks 1st pick in the JOM trade. Suns pocket some extra points for their 2 academy boys, and we move up in the draft order.

Draft picks at this point: 15, 22, 41, 44, 59, 62, 80, 98, 116
*Please note all picks have been pushed back due to a Pick 19 compo for Mayne being pulled out of my ass.

Draft: Real write-ups can be found in the draft thread
Pick 15 – Griffin Logue – key defender from Swan Districts, replacement for Nathan Brown. Absolute quality.
Pick 22 – Josh Battle/Patrick Kerr – both very different but both very welcome additions.
Pick 41, 44, 59, 62 to be used all on securing Brown and Daicos, whom are just as much our kids as they are their actual parents’
Pick 80 – upgrade Josh Smith to senior list
Pick 98 – upgrade Mason Cox to senior list

36 players are then on our senior list for 2016. Use 4 remaining rookie spots to recover list weaknesses - tall defender, small forward, mature-aged ruck, outside midfielder

Best 22 2016:
B: Jeremy Howe, Jonathan Marsh, Brayden Maynard
HB: Taylor Adams, Ben Reid, Tom Langdon
C: Jack Crisp, Jordan De Goey, Daniel Wells
HF: Alex Fasolo, Jesse White, Steele Sidebottom
F: Chris Mayne, Darcy Moore, Jamie Elliott
R: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar
Int: James Aish, Josh Smith, Ben Sinclair, Travis Varcoe

Reserves 22 2016:
B: Tyson Goldsack, Griffin Logue, Jack Frost
HB: Matthew Scharenberg, Lachlan Keefe, Jackson Ramsay
C: Adam Oxley, Tom Phillips, Ed Langdon
HF: Jarryd Blair, Josh Battle, Callum Brown
F: Josh Daicos, Mason Cox, Ben Crocker
R: Will Minson, Josh Thomas, Rupert Wills
Int: Brayden Sier
Love the effort you put into this, but that's it for me really.

Will Minson - Just vomited in my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back