List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton are reportedly offering their first pick (5 or 6) for both Marchbank and Stewart. Stewart supposedly leaning towards Carlton as Silvagni picked him at GWS.
The family is - or was until recently anyway - quite bitter at being treated shabbily they believed by Collingwood at his draft time. Not so much that he wasn't drafted, more that they left him hanging right till the last days to give him the "no" answer, when the kid was worried and busy with his last-year exams as well.

These things can be a minefield for all parties sometimes.

Williams was terrific 2015. People have short memories.

He did, he was showing some promise. If we tried to trade him at the end of 2015 we would've been a chance to get pick 30-35.

But it's currently 2016 and he has had a bad year, his value is quite low at the moment for good reason. Ramsay and Maynard have gone passed him.

What would people here think if we were thinking of giving Richmond pick 30 for Conca? We'd be in mass meltdown.

Very funny all the Sicily bashing in this thread.

The bloke is 21 years old, he played 22 games this year and kicked 30 goals, he played a little down back at times and high forward.

Collingwood leading goal kicker this year was Alex Fasolo with 24 goals.

Mayne is 27 years old, played 22 games, kicked 18 goals, best year was 2012 where he kicked 39 goals from 23 games.

The people saying Sicily doesn't fit a need, I respect peoples opinions on this board but that is pure insanity, I don't know what Collingwood team you guys have watched this year.

Think long term, If we can land a big forward through free agency in the next 2 years Sicily becomes the 3rd tall which would be extremely dangerous with his agility, speed and leap, ohhhh he kicks straight to if that means anything at Collingwood anymore.
I don't think a lot of those posts are saying he can't perform.. Just that he is an enormous flog. Don't get me wrong I want finals as much as the next guy but having a tool of that caliber in the team is like recruiting the lead singer of Linkin Park into Stone Temple Pilots.. Job is getting done but it makes me feel ill in the process

I don't think a lot of those posts are saying he can't perform.. Just that he is an enormous flog. Don't get me wrong I want finals as much as the next guy but having a tool of that caliber in the team is like recruiting the lead singer of Linkin Park into Stone Temple Pilots.. Job is getting done but it makes me feel ill in the process

Not many good forwards haven't been flogs it's just how they are built.

Roughead
Franklin
Fevola
Brown
Hall
Riewoldt

Carlton are reportedly offering their first pick (5 or 6) for both Marchbank and Stewart. Stewart supposedly leaning towards Carlton as Silvagni picked him at GWS. WCE has also reportedly offered Hogan $1.4m a year for 5 years.
Best thing is Carlscum are astute at recruiting GWS duds and leaving us the cream - AT, TA, (WHE?)

Not really, he had 1 good year and had a shocker this year. His value isn't very high and I can't see a club giving anything more than a 3rd rd pick for him.

Absolutely no one is giving up a 2nd rd pick for him.

Yeah imagine having a disrupted pre-season and managing only the 1 pre-season game leading into the season. And then having a foot injury 4 weeks later put you on the sidelines for 8 weeks. I can't imagine that does any help to your preparation to play at the level you would like.

People are way too harsh on how Marley has performed this year. Not many players would get close to there expected level with the disruptions he's had to deal with this year. People are to quick to write players off without looking at the whole circumstances.

Do we really need Mayne and WHE?

WHE is worth the risk, pick 4 has shown he has the ability, fills huge needs, spead and elite kicking also still just a kid.

Mayne is just stupid, I know Buckley loves his pressure game plan, this just isn't the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did, he was showing some promise. If we tried to trade him at the end of 2015 we would've been a chance to get pick 30-35.

But it's currently 2016 and he has had a bad year, his value is quite low at the moment for good reason. Ramsay and Maynard have gone passed him.

What would people here think if we were thinking of giving Richmond pick 30 for Conca? We'd be in mass meltdown.

Seedsman got a pick in the 20's. Williams has shown and provided more.

Bad miss by me yes.. The ultimate ginsu knife

Jamie Elliott may have been a ginsu knife but Tim Golds is a double edged sword, undoes a lot of the good work, as did Marty Clarke. Still you'd take three guns though.

Wait what? I thought Ramsay missed most of the year with an acl? But anyway ... so in which of his 9 games total for the club so far were you convinced that Ramsay had gone past Marley Williams as a player? So after 9 games and missing the last year with an acl.. you are making the call that he's gone past Williams...:thumbsu:

Sounds like a Collingwood media department spin ahead of another Buckley personality clash inspired transfer of a best 22 player.

Can't argue with that .. Except Roughy.. He's a deadset champ and gentleman

Have met Roughy couple times always thought he was an arrogant prick, probably the worst of the lot I posted.

Jamie Elliott may have been a ginsu knife but Tim Golds is a double edged sword, undoes a lot of the good work, as did Marty Clarke. Still you'd take three guns though.
Golds is either the Treloar security blanket or a draft bereft of late choices and having to make up the numbers. He did semi impress me in the TAC GF so maybe he was the hail mary pick.. But in essence is the waif version of Danny Stanley

Wait what? I thought Ramsay missed most of the year with an acl? But anyway ... so in which of his 9 games total for the club so far were you convinced that Ramsay had gone past Marley Williams as a player? So after 9 games and missing the last year with an acl.. you are making the call that he's gone past Williams...:thumbsu:

Sounds like a Collingwood media department spin ahead of another Buckley personality clash inspired transfer of a best 22 player.

What's with all the Collingwood media conspiracy comments? Sounds like you wear a tin foil hat whenever you go outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back