List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That explains that then!..

Interesting they've turned him into a defender, was drafted as a forward..

Much like Marsh for us i guess.

There was alot of talk he was coming to Collingwood last trade period. Wouldn't be against picking him up due to our lack of KPP's. We need to do something in that area.

Just like Fletcher Roberts and Joel Hamling should not be key defenders in a premiership team ? Sometimes players that are seemingly not good enough can succeed when they are given the role that suits their ability.
Don't know where I said they were spuds, if anything I was for the recruitment of Hamling.

What role would Stewart be playing that's different to the one he played at the Giants?

Don't know where I said they were spuds, if anything I was for the recruitment of Hamling.

What role would Stewart be playing that's different to the one he played at the Giants?
You never suggested that either were spuds but plenty believe that they are average at best and yet given the right circumstance they performed and allowed their team to succeed. I just think that too often we label players and consign them to the scrap heap. James is 196cm or thereabouts, has pretty good wheels and reasonable disposal. As a 3rd tall forward he is an awkward match up given most defences don't want a true 3rd tall defender as it detracts from running rebound. Not sure he has had the opportunity to play this role consistently at the Giants ?

Its amazing we get one report of Mayne @ $350k and the positivity posse crawl out of the woodwork. This site never fails to surprise!

I refer you to your own post #6507 on this thread where you were happy with $300K p.a for Mayne, when the talk was $500K.
Therefore, why shouldn't people be positive with $350K - term and triggers aside.

BEEG noticed you post in the other thread that states 'no discussion' so posting here.
I must admit I haven't really taken much notice of WHE.
I am genuinely interested in your opinion of why he is a good trade?
Gave you a like as you're the first person I've seen keep the discussion here about a post there. FYI you can still quote Beeg post from there in here by hitting reply in there and copying the post box to this thread before posting.

I don't know if Stewart is a dud. I reckon there is a fair bit to work with. Obviously his NEAFL form has been strong, (which I know is barely anything to go by), and he has shown glimpses at AFL level of been able to pluck a good mark and kick a goal.

Given our complete lack of Key Position depth up forward, I wouldn't be against the idea.

It all depends if the club thinks there is something to work with there.
It's not worth much, but I was chatting to a mate of mine who works for Richmond and we started talking about key forwards, he described James Stewart as "not AFL standard" and said that draft prospect Josh Battle was also no good and that he "isn't a key forward".

However I would still love the pies to pick up James Stewart or Sam Reid. We can't go into 2017 with just Darcy and Jesse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone consider swapping Marley Williams for tom lamb from wc

Target should be 3rd round pick if we lose him to help with FS points, don't want to get in a position where we have to offload a 2nd round pick.

It's not worth much, but I was chatting to a mate of mine who works for Richmond and we started talking about key forwards, he described James Stewart as "not AFL standard" and said that draft prospect Josh Battle was also no good and that he "isn't a key forward".

However I would still love the pies to pick up James Stewart or Sam Reid. We can't go into 2017 with just Darcy and Jesse
If neither Stewart nor Battle are AFL standard then Richmond will DEFINITELY try to recruit them

If neither Stewart nor Battle are AFL standard then Richmond will DEFINITELY try to recruit them
Yes that's why I said it wasn't worth much, just thought I would pass it on anyway ;)

To his credit he has also said that Richmond players such as Ben Lennon are no good too. Was saying that last year when they were trying to trade him, just no one wanted him.

Sorry to interrupt everyone's gutter talk but thought I might raise the subject of trades again if ok?

Reckon I'm warming to Stewart coming to the Pies and building a mobile (modern) tall forward line partnership with Moore, both players can become good swing men forward & back. We just need to rebuild the family relationship after Hine totally stuffed it up initially..

Your warming to the idea of Stewart because of his last name.

The guy will never be a high level tall forward

Is Marley still under contract? If there isn't much interest in him and we can only get a crap pick for him may as well hold him for one more year I reckon.

Thanks for the info. To be honest I've only ever seen snippets of Stewart.

The media built him up as if he was the messiah and Collingwood made a massive mistake. I think our decision has been vindicated as Stewart hasn't cemented his spot at all.

Reid has played some good footy. has kicked 6 in a game and can play both ends. I'd take him over Stewart.

Does anyone know if Stewart been tried in defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back