List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well one has to be expandable out of the 2 if you look at it that way lol... On Thomas he adds grunt and can play forward and kick goals and has a football brain (Outside of football... maybe not)

Key words: Perhaps and if.

There's absolutely no sign of Peter Wright wanting out of GC the only news is Pies fans trying to come up with illogical trades to try and get him from the Gold Coast lol.

You are right, and this is the crux of it really to all of us. All speculation.

The worry for me with Thomas is that not only has he been out of the game the last couple years, but he didnt get a big run at it prior to that either due to injuries.

As to Wright.. you are right. However, just like 99% of the posts in this thread, it is speculation.

pretty poor argument, i think they are all above us by a long shot talent wise

I don't. The proof is in the pudding. We beat WC, Geelong, GWS and should have beaten Dogs the first time, very close the second and should have beaten Hawthorn. That's a few too many flukey performances to be not the real thing imv.

Theyll play Sydney at the G let's say.. gws plays hawthorn.. hypotheticals right.. it does look like a geelong v gws gf for mine.. and geelong will spank em.
GWS gave Geelong a spanking at essentially a neutral ground in Canberra and only lost by a kick down at Simonds Stadium. Neither team plays the G' well either so I highly doubt it would be a spanking.

I don't. The proof is in the pudding. We beat WC, Geelong, GWS and should have beaten Dogs the first time, very close the second and should have beaten Hawthorn. That's a few too many flukey performances to be not the real thing imv.

could have, would have and should have but we ultimately didn't, was the same last year, not saying we won't be good or have no talent in my opinion i just we are a while off those teams hence the poor losses to bottom feeders and a 12th place finish

GWS gave Geelong a spanking at essentially a neutral ground in Canberra and only lost by a kick down at Simonds Stadium. Neither team plays the G' well either so I highly doubt it would be a spanking.
If you say so.. but to play the likes of gws.. with experience and premiership players.. they are where they envisaged they'd be.. i think they had an incling the Hawks would slide.. and just went hammer and tongs after Dangerfield. One player has done this.. one friggen player. My argument is.. let's go after a big big fish.. and give him something he can not refuse. We may be in the same position as Geelong. Take Danger out of that side.. they're not that great.

correct but all those sides are well coached with good game plans i just think we shouldn't be mentioned near those sides just yet
i really think we'll all be able to make a judgement on that around halfway through next year... upside is pretty solid though

If Witts to the Suns is likely we need to be angling for one of their top 10 picks. Before you laugh to hard consider this. The Suns already have 2 inside 10, they are likely to get Richmonds as well as part of the Prestia deal which would make 3 inside 10. They have already stated that they want/need players and not picks. So instead of the standard swap for a 20s pick perhaps we can juice it up enough to move up from an early 20s to say their #8/9ish pick.

We can do Witts & our 25 for that pick, so that they are simply slipping back in the order a bit and gaining a #1 ruckman. Perhaps we would need to add another player instead of a pick. I would suggest Levi Greenwood fits the bill. A hard contested player that will add experience muscle and do the heavy lifting Ablett is forced to do. I think with Wills & Adams we have enough inside grunt now and will threaten Greenwood's job security soon.

This is only a possiblity given GC circumstances, but it is an opportunity to be creative. I think our strategy is to keep adding top level talent and top the bottom end up with very good experienced FA or so this fits that strategy.

And if say Geelong and Hawthorn were on the slide.. mate i would go nuts on a ff.. strike when the irons hot.. and get the likes of gws in a gf.. and spank the living s... out of em.

What makes you think we would spank GWS in a grand final , they may very well win it this year.

correct but all those sides are well coached with good game plans i just think we shouldn't be mentioned near those sides just yet

so we beat those teams with a poor gameplan and being poorly coached? our list must be better than I thought.

btw, how many teams beat gws, geelong and wce this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you think we would spank GWS in a grand final , they may very well win it this year.
I look at Hawthorn.. overrated 3peat.. what agst wc and freo.. easy ride. I'm not saying we would spank gws.. but makes me sick to think one player has got geelong there.. when we have been rebuilding our list from scratch basically.. for what.. to open the door for Geelong.. not smart at all mate. It's just this over emphasis on rebuilding a list that i find really quite difficult to comprehend.

Top 30 suppose to be extremely even this year from all reports.

Package two picks in the 20s for a pick in the teens.
If the top 30 is very even then wouldn't 2 picks in the 20's be much better than one pick in the teens?

I look at Hawthorn.. overrated 3peat.. what agst wc and freo.. easy ride. I'm not saying we would spank gws.. but makes me sick to think one player has got geelong there.. when we have been rebuilding our list from scratch basically.. for what.. to open the door for Geelong.. not smart at all mate. It's just this over emphasis on rebuilding a list that i find really quite difficult to comprehend.

its a myth that the draft has given everyone a chance to win a flag.

so we beat those teams with a poor gameplan and being poorly coached? our list must be better than I thought.

btw, how many teams beat gws, geelong and wce this season?

please inform me where i said we had a poor game plan etc?
I'm merely saying to not get ahead of our selfs we are still a few years away and hopefully a couple of additions in october will help, i see us pushing for finals next year but pushing for finals and a flag are 2 different things

Oh dear...............3 peat and overrated in the same sentence! :rolleyes:

In fact it's a new rule these allows this. Never used to be permitted. I'm sure keeffe and Thomas will stay but I'm not averse to shopping Thomas around if it helps us in trade week land what we want to land. We promised these boys that they'd be on a list in 2017. It doesn't have to be with Collingwood though.
It's not really a new rule. It's been around for at least 5 years given that Essendon traded Jenkins as a rookie in 2011.

If we are getting rid of Witts could we trade him to West Coast for Mackenzie?

B&F 2 years ago, will be better for the run after this year, better key defender than Brown, Frost and Keefe and the Eagles are looking for a replacement for Nicnat and insurance for Lycett

If the top 30 is very even then wouldn't 2 picks in the 20's be much better than one pick in the teens?

If we trade a pick into the first round it helps next year at the trade table as we can then trade a 1st round pick again.

could have, would have and should have but we ultimately didn't, was the same last year, not saying we won't be good or have no talent in my opinion i just we are a while off those teams hence the poor losses to bottom feeders and a 12th place finish

There's no doubt that without those 4 injured players V Dogs we win that game. No doubt whatsoever. And to prove it was no aberration we almost won the 2nd.

It's fair enough to suggest shoulda, coulda etc, but you were suggesting some monumental gulf between us and the top teams but the record from the second half of the year - the most recent history - suggests that's far from the truth.

It's not really a new rule. It's been around for at least 5 years given that Essendon traded Jenkins as a rookie in 2011.

I'm not getting into debates about the definition of the word "new" and I'm not sure why you are. The rules changed in the not too distant past and people were asking a geniune question about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back