List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get WHE would prefer him over Stewart, we had a chance to take Stewart father son a few years ago and didn't take him, so not sure why would won't him now, hasn't done much to impress me at GWS ball hits the ground and his no where to be seen, Marchbank would be a great addition at CHF his a 10yr player, and fits age selection, I'm not too sure about Wells good player when his on the park but that hasn't been a lot lately, his getting order too more risk to injury, if be targeting Marchbank & WHE at this stage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

l thought with Sando now onboard we would have a good shot at landing Henderson.
l still think we will get Wells, l think our offer is one he is happy with and will take despite late interest from the Cats.
WHE l keep hearing we will get him but not sure about that, l think he will stay at GWS or end up at Essendon.
Stewart l think maybe the one we will try and pry out of GWS. Also l think a chance to still get Marchbank.
I dont understand the love for Henderson.. Medium Size Half back is someone we dont need.

I hope we get WHE would prefer him over Stewart, we had a chance to take Stewart father son a few years ago and didn't take him, so not sure why would won't him now, hasn't done much to impress me at GWS ball hits the ground and his no where to be seen, Marchbank would be a great addition at CHF his a 10yr player, and fits age selection, I'm not too sure about Wells good player when his on the park but that hasn't been a lot lately, his getting order too more risk to injury, if be targeting Marchbank & WHE at this stage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
NOt sure if it was a typo or not but Marchbank is a Defender not a CHF - I'm a fan and would be a great pickup..

I'm not too sure about Wells good player when his on the park but that hasn't been a lot lately,

Look at his career stats and that seems to be a myth.

Worth a punt. Tons of room to take an older player.

With Swan (31) Macaffer (28) Cloke (29) Toovey (29) and possibly Brown (28) gone our oldest player is Goldsack (29). And hes probably not even best 22.

Oldest best 22 players are White Pendlebury Greenwood and Varcoe. The rest of the list are born in the 90's so 26 or younger.

Last edited:
I dont understand the love for Henderson.. Medium Size Half back is someone we dont need.

I think it is on the back of the injury uncertainty surrounding; Ramsay/Scharenberg & Sinclair. Henderson is a known quantity who would be gettable as a FA. I'm not keen just trying to rationalise the chatter.

Love for Henderson is that Ramsay and Shaz will take some time to get going and I see us trading Marley ans well and there is concern over the health of Sinclair with his concussions. He is also a decent kick and good runner.

I think it is on the back of the injury uncertainty surrounding; Ramsay/Scharenberg & Sinclair. Henderson is a known quantity who would be gettable as a FA. I'm not keen just trying to rationalise the chatter.

DO. NOT. WANT.

Even if all three of them fail for various reasons we have a zillion midfielders to swing into half back. Greenwood Aish Varcoe to name a few. Smith. De Goey. Sidebottom. Fasolo. Williams. Langdon. Phillips. They all cant fit in the midfield anyway!

DO. NOT. WANT.

Even if all three of them fail for various reasons we have a zillion midfielders to swing into half back. Greenwood Aish Varcoe to name a few. Smith. De Goey. Sidebottom. Fasolo. Williams. They all cant fit in the midfield anyway!

Greenwood butchers the ball more than butcher butchers meat, so there is no way i would wont to see him on my half back line, id prefer we didnt play him at all, unless there is a shut down role for him to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood butchers the ball more than butcher butchers meat, so there is no way i would wont to see him on my half back line, id prefer we didnt play him at all, unless there is a shut down role for him to play.

As Toovey managed successfully for many years? Worth a try. Besides he wasnt the only name I threw up.

Club has known Clokes desire to go to the doggies for months, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a player that we've been in their ear throughout the year as possible compensation, probably Jong but wouldn't be surprised if there was another one

Rockliff is known as the Supercoach/Fantasy player.

Gathers all the points in the world but is just a little cheap player like Cotchin. Adams off Half Back again :p ? He's our most important player and we need him in the middle.

As I have quoted before Seedsman couldnt get a game for the pies yet got a game before Henderson at Adelaide. Enough Said
Don't really want him but Hendersons form this year has been really solid. Seedsman was dropped for him at one stage.

I think if Marchbank nominates us, Carlton want Witts, then we should look at a 3 way trade. It's scary who Witts nominates, let's just keep our fingers crossed he chooses either GWS or GCS.
Why would Carlton want Witts when they have 3-4 rucks already... :rolleyes:

Lol at the rockliff bashing.... You really have no idea. Rockliff at his best is a beast, whose field kicking is safe yeah, but it isn't bad. And if you've ever watched brisbane, he actually delivers the ball extremely well into the forward 50, and is also decent when inside the forward 50 himself.

You are all judging him off the 'sideways accumulating crab' impression which seems to be the 'in' thing at the moment.

He is an excellent player, and would be a great addition to any side in the AFL.

Go and watch some games, instead of judging off the in-trend rockliff impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back