Not open for further replies.
I now know the reasons why all these players want to go back
Home to W.A.

Nothing to do about being Home sick

It's all about the resurgence in

THE MINING BOOM
Yes and that's fact
Gold is all glitter again
Must be looking at a different gold price that I'm seeing - everyone is leaving WA, the boom has gone boom sorry mate

Pies don't want Williams, Williams wants out, don't know what happens there.

Brown will be staying most likely, just need to offer more coin.

Goldsack is the only one I don't know much about.

WHE will be at Collingwood as discussed, will be one of the last deals done, They have wanted him since last year and have been in contact since early this year, well before Mayne and Wells.

Pies been trying to work with Marsh since about round 20 as they knew he had some issues, this has gone on for about 6 months, club shattered as they rate him highly.

Rockliff won't get done, Pies went sniffing as they knew Brisbane wanted him gone, not willing to offer much, Pies went back to Brisbane and offered to pay his full contract if Greenwood was involved, they wanted more we were happy to walk away.

Cloke - Pies waiting to see what happens with some of the Bulldogs players, they are hoping to package up late picks for a late 3rd round pick.

Brown Jr - Club has a couple concerns that he could go earlier, 3-4 clubs circling Essendon being one of them, Pies will take him regardless.

Daicos - Club believe he will be a long term prospect, Pies believe if he comes on as expected he will be better then Brown, low risk high reward Hine said, not expected to get any early bids.

No mention of any key backs we are chasing to replace Frost and Marsh, looks like we will just go to the draft.

This is all I will have as the source has gone for a well earned break overseas, as discussed source works at the club but not apart of the coaching or recruiting department, this is 2nd hand info from the people in charge.

Just had confirmation from my source.

Lewis is gone, doesn't want to be there anymore, him and Clarkson had a huge confrontation.

Same source as Sam Mitchell.

Hawthorn falling apart. What a glorious day to be alive.

Just had confirmation from my source. Lewis is gone, doesn't want to be there anymore, him and Clarkson had a huge confrontation. Same source as Sam Mitchell.

Has not been on massive coin.

Expect ex-Hawk people will line-up to get him: Fagan, Simmo, Bevo, (Eade). Melbourne supposedly wanted him.

At 30 years of age he might play for 2 more years and transition to coaching.

Several on our list worth chopping for him if we can get him for Mitchell deal.

Last edited:
Hawthorn falling apart. What a glorious day to be alive.

My thoughts exactly! Such a professional destination club seems to have picked up massive speed wobbles. The aging list was always going to be a challenge to transition. Suck a fatty Smugthorn.

JOM seems like a very high caliber human, not to mention player, but if he can't get himself right you'd have to think Hawks' prospects could sink into quite a funk. Still a lot of talent there though and Mitchell is a solid get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wrap my head around this. Vickery is poo, Jaeger could quite possibly never play a game... only mitchell is decent. And they're gonna lose lewis and mitchell for those 2 ? Id be devastated if this was happening at collingwood. Not a way to treat club legends, both players deserve to end their career on their terms at THEIR club.

On Mitch Brown. We need to ask ourselves if we would be even remotely interested if his brother didn't play for us. I suspect the answer is no and if it is, the family connection should be irrelevant.

I don't want him, as I don't think he's any good. I'd more happily use our last pick on the best state league full back in the country (must come with reasonable kicking skills) and just put him in.

We can focus on a young kpp with a higher pick.

He's much better than Frost

Lewis is gone, doesn't want to be there anymore, him and Clarkson had a huge confrontation.

Someone better tell Wrighty.
He just said Jordan was staying and he wasn't aware of any anger yesterday.

Any chance collingwood make some contact? I'd love him at collingwood. Very versatile too, could see him playing off a flank with spurts in the middle for us.
Lewis is cooked, we shouldn't go anywhere near him.

I can't see him getting a game
He would be behind
Scharenberg
Adams
Howe
RamsAy
Sinclair
Maynard
Smith
Langdon
I don't know how to respond to this statement. You can't really agree it with or disagree with it, because you got most of the list right but failing to recognise the difference in their roles is concerning.

Marley Willliams is a shutdown defender who is a very inconsistent rebounder. He will not contest for a spot with players like Adams, Scharenberg, S Langdon who are primarily offensive defenders with their role being to deliver the ball outside the defensive 50.

Howe is locked at back pocket, being a well-rounded defender, who can defend, spoil, intercept and rebound. Which leaves Williams contesting for the other back-pocket position.

List A:
Adams, Scharenberg, Smith, Langdon

List B:
Howe, Maynard

List C:
Ramsay, Sinclair, Williams

Now depending on the composition of opposition forward line, the 4 non-KPD remaining spots in defense will be filled with a mixture of players from list A, B, C. Players from List B can fill the role of A or C, and are preferred due to their versatility and well-rounded attributes. Whereas, 1 player each from A and C are also required.

Ideally it will be:

B: Player from List B or C , Brown, Player from List B or C
HF: Player from List A or C , Reid, Player from List A or C
Int: Player from List A, B or C

Which for us the best lineup imo will be:

B: Howe, Brown, Ramsay
HB:Maynard, Reid, Scharenberg
Int:Adams (Who can also rotate through the midfield)

Thats a huge loss for Hawthorn, I wonder what his worth, probably a 2nd round pick as his 30.

Imagine finishing 2nd in the bnf, a few days later, coach rings up for a meeting. Lewis expects it to be about taking over the captaincy. Instead, Clarkson says he wants to move him on. Far out. Ticked off much.:eek:

It's pretty wrongtown for Hawks to say they "let" Sam Mitchell walk (yeah right) .. then when Lewis gets a token one year contract knowing he's probably only playing as one year of insurance for JOM's knees, he asks to move too and they shut it down. No wonder he's pissed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back