List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad I'm across most things this Trade Period. Foenander (spelling?) just said "we had Hine on the other day and he said that Cloke and WHE would get done fairly quickly, things have stalled there."

Most people reading this thread would know that this is absolute fabrication. All we said was that Cloke would get done once the Bulldogs deal with other trades, and all we said about WHE is that we are keen.

The whole trade period would be as confusing as anything if you didn't stay up to date.

Two things on Damo's article.

"IF Gubby keeps throwing up players as trade bait who others at the Pies don't want him to throw up ...

... THEN this will end in tears. Gubby floated Aish and Greenwood in a discussion with a club, which didn't want them."

Sounds like at best Gubby used their names in a conversation, not as trade bait or putting them on the table. Maybe gauging value at worst.

Give it a spell Damo, you're sounding spiteful and sooky.

However, on a different note:

"IF the Lions get offered any pick under 35 for Rocky ...

... they'll take it. As it stands, no club is prepared to do that. Says a fair bit about where he's at."

Gold Coast's second rounder is 30. Now if Damo is right on this (he eventually gets some right), the Suns offer that for Witts, and we think Rockliff is worth pursuing at the right price, would that indeed be the right price?

My feel is that Rockliff does leave Brisbane, late next week, and I reckon we'll make it happen should everything else pan out (Cloke, Witts, Williams, Marsh, etc.). We'd like him but its not a priority and there's a fair bit of water under the bridge where it's sensible to act.

Even though I subscribe to the Flogcliff Club - an effective switch for Witts (if we can afford the $$) would be a damn bargain. Just a matter of whether he's viewed as manageable.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we any chance to land James Stewart?
I think we need another key forward rather than landing WHE but would be good to get both.

Also need a get a key defender. (hoping for sam collins for marsh but a bit ambitious as i dont think dockers will want to let him go)

We should be focusing on a key back and key forward rather than go after Rockliff. Gets a lot of the ball but doesnt do much with it.

I think we need another key forward rather than landing WHE but would be good to get both.

Depends who you ask. Some say we are a Chance and Others say No Way

Also need a get a key defender. (hoping for sam collins for marsh but a bit ambitious as i dont think dockers will want to let him go)

We should be focusing on a key back and key forward rather than go after Rockliff. Gets a lot of the ball but doesnt do much with it.
Anderson believes he will be at Essendon

It was just a cheeky dig at the United Republic of Hawthorn. Nothing more nothing less. Lighten up.
Not in a mood for jokes mate, especially after last night's news.

We're a total mess.

Good chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back