List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk going around that Dunn Trade has been Agreed upon and Just waiting for Tommorow to Lodge it.

I am half expecting the Pick 44 we look like getting for Witts be the Pick we Trade
Talk around where Dave ?

If we get pick 44, it wont be used on Dunn. He'll be a throwaway pick to ease salary cap space for Melbourne.

Looks like this Trade be Done Tommorow

So Trade has Closed for Tuesday.

I say Dunn be Announced tomorrow along side quite a Few Other Trades we will make Tomorrow

Talk going around that Dunn Trade has been Agreed upon and Just waiting for Tommorow to Lodge it.

I am half expecting the Pick 44 we look like getting for Witts be the Pick we Trade

I love it when you talk like a pirate Dave. It be grand!

Talk around where Dave ?

If we get pick 44, it wont be used on Dunn. He'll be a throwaway pick to ease salary cap space for Melbourne.

Just doing the Rounds on Social Media

We are going to have plenty of late picks, why take another late pick for a bloke who was chased by 6 clubs, will be a walk up starting ruckman at GCS.

You might be happy for the club to roll over and fold, doesn't mean majority of people on this board have to.

Pick between 20-30 is not unreasonable.
How many late picks will we have?
6 clubs please. He's not Hurley.
If other clubs wanted him so bad they'd be chasing harder.
Suns won't be using pick 44 onwards, my opinion take it with 62 and 69. End up same points as pick 33. That's a bid of 27 with the discount. That's brown or daicos right there....
No let's take your idea. Get nothing and send him into the psd. Yeah that'll show em, like the saints with ball...stupid!
Glad you aren't running list management.

Guys just been told Gubby will recieve a 4 year ban this week

Not from my club source, someone who gets the occasional inside stuff.
How much are we paying Grubby? Probably a big pay pack, stuff the list, then get suspended & leave us with the mess.
WTF ???

Dunn is still a good player, don't be too quick to judge. Not mobile enough for our game style these days, but will do well for you guys at FB. Will hate to see him in your colours, but happy he's getting another chance. I'm looking forward to the gloaty posts in six months time about how you lot 'discovered' a gem, just like Bucks' unprecedented genius move of putting Howe down back ;).

That would be very steep, hope that's not true. Not shitcanning Dunn, just would be overs on the pick.

That was just a Guess by me but I also doubt it be that High of a Pick

If we accept 44 and pocket change for Witts when GC had 11 million second rounders then that's f****d. What happened to the Gubby Allen who screwed us for everything we had last year and on the Adams deal?

Why are we letting Eade walk all over us when we know that he clearly rates Witts highly? If they didn't think Witts would walk in to the senior team they wouldn't even be after him with Nicholls and Currie already listed. Ffs...

Witts was our one decent trump card in this trade period. And we've blown it for pick 44. Gubby must've used some of the drugs Whitfield was on.

Dunn is still a good player, don't be too quick to judge. Not mobile enough for our game style these days, but will do well for you guys at FB. Will hate to see him in your colours, but happy he's getting another chance. I'm looking forward to the gloaty posts in six months time about how you lot 'discovered' a gem, just like Bucks' unprecedented genius move of putting Howe down back ;).

this is where we are....

a dees supporter telling us " he's not mobile enough for our game plan these days" but he'd be ok fo ryou at full back...

FFS.

How many late picks will we have?
6 clubs please. He's not Hurley.
If other clubs wanted him so bad they'd be chasing harder.
Suns won't be using pick 44 onwards, my opinion take it with 62 and 69. End up same points as pick 33. That's a bid of 27 with the discount. That's brown or daicos right there....
No let's take your idea. Get nothing and send him into the psd. Yeah that'll show em, like the saints with ball...stupid!
Glad you aren't running list management.

He is worth a pick between 20-30, Gubby is suppose to be this unbelievable, ruthless negotiator, well he was when we had to pay some of Shaws contract, give 2 first rounders for Treloar, most we have seen for a player for a long time.

It's the principal they had plenty of 2nd round picks.

Saints didn't want Ball, Pies offered Witts a contract mid year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think his worth? I'm still dirty he didn't accept the trade to GWS last year costing us a first rounder.

He is worth a pick between 20-30 in my opinion, anything else let him walk.
You know BEEG this is what has bugged me for a long time.
Had he agreed to go viz a viz Treloar then we'd have all won something.
I'm assuming GC have all these picks, I'd be looking at lowish 20s but maybe package up Witts, our 20s pick and seek good will both ways and get teens or ten or something. Maybe throw in somebody like Oxley but I'd see the numbers and tell them, they get their 8 to 10 year first ruckman and we get a shot at a good junior, we all win.

We all should wet our beaks a little.
Ofcourse they're entitled to charge for such service, after all were not communists.

(The last two sentences are taken from the godfather)

On the Dunn trade, I'm in the camp that we didn't want Brown or Marsh to leave, but weren't able to prevent it from happening, and we were genuinely surprised that Marsh decided to go.

Given that, I think getting Dunn is a reasonable stop gap measure. We don't have the currency to trade in a better player that would be ready to go next year, and we are seriously exposed with just Reid and Keeffe. I think Dunn is overall better than Frost and close to Brown in any case.

It's called making the best of a bad situation. We can still look to draft a kid or a state league player and have extra depth.

Pretty sure brown had a contract in front of him all year!
One that he would sign! We have a spare $500k for a tackler when we already have a plethora of bog standard flankers. Don't get me wrong I'm not that fussed over moving these guys on as long as there is a plan for improvement. I just don't see how Dunn makes the list better.
Anyway, it's just an opinion. I hope to be proven wrong.

Witts was our one decent trump card in this trade period. And we've blown it for pick 44. Gubby must've used some of the drugs Whitfield was on.
Actually we haven't. There's one media report saying we'll do it and another saying we're holding out for more.

And he was never a great trump card anyway.

You know BEEG this is what has bugged me for a long time.
Had he agreed to go viz a viz Treloar then we'd have all won something.
I'm assuming GC have all these picks, I'd be looking at lowish 20s but maybe package up Witts, our 20s pick and seek good will both ways and get teens or ten or something. Maybe throw in somebody like Oxley but I'd see the numbers and tell them, they get their 8 to 10 year first ruckman and we get a shot at a good junior, we all win.

We all should wet our beaks a little.
Ofcourse they're entitled to charge for such service, after all were not communists.

(The last two sentences are taken from the godfather)

You love your mob movies, great taste.

One that he would sign! We have a spare $500k for a tackler when we already have a plethora of bog standard flankers. Don't get me wrong I'm not that fussed over moving these guys on as long as there is a plan for improvement. I just don't see how Dunn makes the list better.
Anyway, it's just an opinion. I hope to be proven wrong.
It would have seemed like a better plan when Marsh was still onboard. Maybe by the time that happened it was too late to sway Brown with an increased offer. We saw with Jordan Lewis that it can be hard to undo the perceived/actual slight of being told you're surplus to requirements.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-18/trade-wrap-hawks-close-on-omeara-progress-on-gibbs-deal

Giants forward Will Hoskin-Elliott remains intent on a move to Collingwood despite North Melbourne's continued interest.

The Magpies' pursuit of Hoskin-Elliott has been compromised by the fact they are reluctant to give up their first pick in this year's draft, No.28, because they need to preserve points to match father-son bids for Callum Brown and Josh Daicos.

How in the world is WHE worth more than Steele?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back