Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, ANZAC Day @ Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:40PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left after Leon Davis kicked that goal had Pies fans waving me good bye as i was exiting the arena. I remember having my head down as i was walking to the station and then all of a sudden i saw a bunch of Essendon supporters running back to the G im thinking "wtf is going on" so i asked an Essendon supporter and he said "Bombers are down by 2 points" i was like "no way" so i entered back in and witnessed Zaka kicking the goal.

Thank god i went back.

Why don't we send Carlisle back and play the one extra back. Every other club plays with one back, and it kills us.

Imagine the intercept power with Hooker, Fletcher and Carlisle with Hurley managing the beasts.

Then get Dempo and the speedsters to run it in and overlap so we don't get burned kicking it to. Extra numbers down the lines.

As soon as Ambrose and TBC are fit, that's what I'd be doing. Fletcher is damaging enough to play as a rebounder.

Number one rule we cant allow them a free man in the backline. If i see this i will be wanting Jimmy back asap as i already do.

In: Winderlich, TBC, Goddard
Out: Jetta, Ashby, JoeD

I think we now finally probably have our best side with only Dempsey missing. Is that right?

I really dont know what to do about Carlisle and Hurley. Do we switch them or not? it wont happen. I think down the track (this season) we will look at TBC and JoeD as our key forwards with Hardingham 3rd tall. Goddard playing more forward as he has with Winders and Chapman as the smalls capable of rotating into the midfield.

Down back we go with Hibberd, Baguley, Fletcher, Carlisle, Hurley and Hooker. Dempsey playing off a wing roaming down back when hes fit. Otherwise maybe Fletcher has to make way.

Im unsure as it everyone how to go with it. Story is we lack a genuine true key forward for the now. JoeD is going to be that player in a year or 2 i just hope he develops quick enough so that guys like Winderlich, Watson, Chapman, Fletcher are still around playing good footy.

The last guy i would be dropping is Zacka for this game. He thinks he owns this day now, he will come to play you will see a different Zacka i reckon this week. Id go to him before the game as coach and pulling by the front of the jumper and say "You not only play for this club now, you barracked for us as a kid, you love this club now play like you do. This is your day Zacka you own it, dont let us lose.

I have no doubts that Zacka will be one of our better players this week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive left one early, that abortion of a final v carlton, could not handle it
Yeah, not once for me. Not even towards the end of 2012 when I went to games knowing we'd get thumped...

Best thing about that play was that Christian didn't let his Collingwood bias get in the way of the call.

most biased was quatermain after the lloyd hit on sewell, he was just barracking like a fan in the outer.
Funnily enough he was one of those complaining about Buddy a week earlier. Funny how when the shoe's on the other foot, ey?

The Triple M call was the best, insofar as Lyon, Taylor and Brayshaw completely devolving into gibbering hysteria.
I love the Triple M hysteria... They were hilarious on Monday :D

most biased was quatermain after the lloyd hit on sewell, he was just barracking like a fan in the outer.
That's probably why he doesn't have a gig on television anymore.....

Oh sorry, he reads the news that no one watches....

That's probably why he doesn't have a gig on television anymore.....

Oh sorry, he reads the news that no one watches....
On the least profitable FTA network in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back