List Mgmt. Collingwood's 2014 Draft - Targets and Strategy (confirmed, we finished 11th)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we could pick Moore up as an international rookie

My family are mostly st kilda fans so I've watched a fair bit of gwilt over the years.

He is a very average footballer. Would not even bother throwing his name up. We have much better already on the list.
Your Grand Final night 2010 must have been a lonely affair.
Edit - agree on Gwilt, makes too many errors.

Personal abuse will get you nowhere rookie. I can break your post down for you to show you which bits were irrelevant if you like. We're all friends here after all :rainbow:

"Can we trade out our first pick and get him with second rounder?

Nah, probably not"

Traded in/out picks are not included in father son calculations. Eg. If we somehow trade a player for pick 3 and stkilda nominate Moore we do not use pick 3 that we traded in. We would still only have to use pick 9. Same if we trade pick 9 we give up the chance to draft him if a club from pick 1-8 nominate him.

"Can we trade out our first pick and get him with second rounder?

Nah, probably not"

Traded in/out picks are not included in father son calculations. Eg. If we somehow trade a player for pick 3 and stkilda nominate Moore we do not use pick 3 that we traded in.
Irrelevant information. Bidding and nominations are locked in before the trade period, so anything to do with trading for higher picks is completely moot discussion.
Same if we trade pick 9 we give up the chance to draft him if a club from pick 1-8 nominate him.
If we traded pick 9 then it would mean that we had already passed him over during the bidding process. Why are you talking about giving up the chance to nominate him at a stage where nominations and bidding have already been completed?

All that needs to be said is that nominations and bidding takes place before the trade period with all clubs original picks. If we match a bid then we cannot trade the pick we match with. End of story.

Whilst your explanation was not completely wrong per se, your explanations were needlessly complicated and contained irrelevant information.

I hope we can move on past this little exchange now, as I generally like your posts and agree with most of your opinions you post here :rainbow:

I think if we manage to secure Moore with pick #26, we should offer up pick #8, Nathan Brown and pick #44 to GWS in return for O'Rourke, Jaksch and Whiley.

So the trade would effectively be;

#8 for O'Rourke

If O'Rourke is out of contract/nominates us, surely this is adequate compensation for GWS despite them paying #2 for him in the draft. Unfortunately for them, some sort of exodus was always going to happen with an abundance of talent on their list that could not all fit into their playing 22. I think this would suit them, in that now GWS can really gauge where the strengths and deficiencies are in their list and they can now accordingly. So, I think pick 8 for them now may be slightly more valuable than a similar pick in the last few years for them. We could possibly be paying overs for O'Rourke here if he nominates us, but this is fair compensation and helps sweeten the rest of the deal for GWS.

Brown for Jaksch

This is where I think both teams can win out of this trade. Next year, we will have a healthy stock of KPD; J. Frost, Keeffe, Reid, Marsh, Moore, Gault. Personally, I think we can afford to offload Brown while he has some currency and is a specific need for a team we will be looking to trade with. GWS need premiership experience and maturity around their club, and need to bolster their KPD stocks and improve their team's ability to restrict opposition scores. Jaksch is another who is potentially surplus to GWS' needs and he would suit us perfectly as either a forward or back. Trading Brown for Jaksch does not lower our KPD players, but it gives us another developing option who could turn into a great player.

#44 for Whiley

Sumner or S. Frost could also be options as the steak knives to this trade, as both look interested in coming to our club, but I think Whiley could be the man we should pursue here. Largely on the outer at GWS', Whiley is another who is suffering from the abundance of talent at the club. A big bodied clearance machine, and someone who would come pretty cheaply, I think Whiley would be a perfect way to address a deficiency at our club without breaking the bank.

Obviously this depends on us being able to get Moore in the 2nd round, but I think that is the probable outcome at this stage.

Is this a trade you would like to see happen? Do you think GWS would consider it? Are Whiley and O'Rourke better than what we could get at those picks if we took them to the draft? I would love to hear your thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Twitter apparently Jono O'Rourke met with Collingwood today. Not exactly sure how they could get him with Darcy Moore to be used on their first pick.

On Twitter apparently Jono O'Rourke met with Collingwood today. Not exactly sure how they could get him with Darcy Moore to be used on their first pick.

How u know he will be our first pick? A month ago i would of agreed but with moore not doing that much recently there is a definate chance he may slip to our 2nd round

How u know he will be our first pick? A month ago i would of agreed but with moore not doing that much recently there is a definate chance he may slip to our 2nd round

Well no one know but it pretty much thought around that we use 1st Rounder for Moore

Trade value for Brown/Keefe is going down. Popular trade bait with many,

Consider tall defenders known to be on the market.

Ryder, Frawley, Sam Frost, Kristian Jaksch.

Supply demand, this year tall defenders are available.

Trade value for Brown/Keefe is going down. Popular trade bait with many,

Consider tall defenders known to be on the market.

Ryder, Frawley, Sam Frost, Kristian Jaksch.

Supply demand, this year tall defenders are available.

GWS aren't going to be chasing Frost and Jaksch, and if they want out, there's nothing they can really do about it. They will need to be replaced. Frawley and Ryder are going to be on the open market, so would cost them more salary space than Brown would and aren't premiership players either. Admittedly, neither is as prone to injury as Brown. But there are reasons for them to be most interested in Brown.

Yeh, we could commit to using a 2nd round pick on him. Who has told u we r using pick 8 on him? .... U r assuming we will

Not Assuming. What I have heard from a Person I know who works at the Club

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood's 2014 Draft - Targets and Strategy (confirmed, we finished 11th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back