Strategy Collingwood's Best 22 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright here it goes ^ this is more my side and howd i go. I know Reids being promised to play back but i still think we didnt get a chance to see enough of how good him and Cloke could be forward together.

M.Williams - N.Brown - Keefe

Toovey - Frost - Langdon

Seedsman - Adams - Sidebottom

Swan - Reid - Elliott

Fasolo - Cloke - White

Grundy/Witts - Pendlebury - Greenwood

Broomhead, B.Kennedy,

Last 2 spots: Varcoe, Crisp, Degoey, J.Thomas, Freeman, Goldsack Karnezis

I quite like a few of your players. Quite fans of the Kennedy, Adams, Karnezis, Crisp, Degoey Seedsman, Broomhead types i think they will all end up quite interesting/very good prospects.

I rate Kennedy and Broomhead so much id like to think they are lock best 20 players. Id prefer Seedsmans run and carry over Varcoes, however think there is potentially room for both. I think Degoey will be close to the best player come out of the draft and will play himself into a best 22 position. Quite amazing to see a first year player/gamer get 24 possessions only 2nd to one of the best players in the comp and captain.

Interesting that buckley when he spoke sort of said Swan will play mainly forward and have some runs through the midfield similar to 2014, then in the intraclub gets 5 clearances alluding to quite a bit of midfield/onball time. I think him and Adams will swap onball/forward.

A definite NO on Shazza.

I think the other two will be available?

Agree, and realistically both Reid and Seedsman would need to play some NAB challenge time to be considered you'd think.

I mentioned to one of the fitness guys at the intraclub that Reid looks ready to resume senior footy and his response was "we'll see". Seedsman walked the boundary signing autographs with Young.

Witts, Marsh and Moore also looked ready to resume, took part in all the contact stuff during VFL training.

I've had another crack, tell us what you think

Collingwood's best 22 2015
BACKLINE:

Williams-Brown-Toovey
Langdon-Frost-Young

CENTRE:

Varcoe-Greenwood-Sidebottom

FORWARDS:

Goldsack-Cloke-Adams
Fasolo-Reid-Elliot

FOLLOWERS:

Witts-Pendles-Swan

INTERCHANGE:

Seedsman, White/Keefe, Thomas, sub-Freeman

I'm struggling to come up with a best 22 or round one team after that, I felt like every player made a case to be selected.

B: Ben Reid ~ Nathan Brown ~ Marley Williams
HB: Travis Varcoe ~ Lachlan Keeffe ~ Tom Langdon

M: Steele Sidebottom ~ Levi Greenwood ~ Jack Crisp

HF: Jordan De Goey ~ Travis Cloke ~ Alex Fasolo
F: Jessie White ~ Corey Gault ~ Jamie Elliott

R: Brodie Grundy ~ Scott Pendlebury ~ Dane Swan

I/C: Alan Toovey ~ Patrick Karnezis ~ Taylor Adams
Sub: Nathan Freeman*Sub to be rotated

Based on tonight's performance and known injury recovery schedules, my Rd1 team would be:

FB Williams Brown Toovey
HB Langdon Reid Goldsack
C Sidebottom Swan Greenwood
R Grundy Pendles Adams
HF Varcoe Cloke Fasolo
FF Karnezis White Elliott

INT DeGoey Thomas Broomhead Crisp

DEPTH Witts Dwyer Frost Seedsman Kennedy Freeman Sinclair Gault Keefe Moore Ramsay Blair Armstrong Schareberg Macaffer + those yet to debut

I actually think that would be a side capable of sneaking into the finals. Dangerous forward line and midfield looks better than I expected. Backline depth better than last year.

Best of all, no spots for Blair or Keefe. We will never play finals for as long as those two can get a spot in our 22.

We have some tough choices in a good way. There are multiple players all fighting for similar positions which is nice and hopefully keeps our players on their toes really pushing themselves

Brown, , Keefe, frost, Moore? Only max 2 will play

Thomas, Adams, keenedy, crisp, freeman, Blair ect.. Only
Maybe 3 or 4 would fit in

Seedsman, Williams, Langdon, armstrong ect.. 3 maybe would get in?

After last night here is my go at round 1

Williams Brown Toovey
Langdon Keeffe Sinclair
Varcoe Pendles Sidebottom
Fasolo Cloke Karnezis
Elliott White Goldsack

Witts Swan Adams

Blair Grundy BenKen Greenwood

Emerg Frost Thomas Dwyer
Tough to pick.

If we follow the premiership side layout for defense you play two keys in lake, Stratton and a Gibson type. Means Reid is a lock, one of brown or keefe and one of frost, goldsack, toovey or crisp for mine.

Then I think Langdon is a lock. Then one of williams or Sinclair will play but I'd sooner have neither as they both turn it over. One other defensive runner maybe young or varcoe. Imagine when berg and Maynard are up and running. We could see a Changing of the guard.

Ideally we need players who have goog decision making, are good defensively and can kick! So if you base it on that then some of the turn over players have to go. I'd be happy to see based on what I saw tonight that the spuds are dropped and we play a kid who can kick.

Must be quite frustrating for bucks knowing only Reid and Langdon are locks, crisp and seedsman have showed a bit so I would give him a go. The rest for mine need to lift as we won't win enough games if we loose the ball in the back half.

When we Won our flag brown was great, he needs to find that form again as keefe and frost just aren't that good. Toovey and goldy need to play like they have something to lose as I can see them playing reserves by the end of the season as kids could go passed them. Goldy is a true utility and maybe an ideal bench player as he was in 2010 but un upgrade may well be on the wings in Moore.

This is why bucks gets the Big bucks. A lot to think about. All goes Plan we may see later this year.
Maynard brown crisp
Seedsman ried sharenberg
Defenders with Size, speed, skills.

Defense: Reid, Brown, Toovy, Langdon, Varcoe, Williams
Mids: Swan Pendles Adams Greenwood Sidebottm
Ruck: Witts
Forward: Cloke White Grundy Elliot Fasolo Broomhead
Int: Goldsack Kennedy De Goey
Sub Freeman

FB: Reid Brown Toovey
HB: Langdon Frost Williams
C: Sidebottom Greenwood Varcoe
HF: Swan Cloke Karnezis
FF: Fasolo White Elliot
R: Grundy Pendlebury Adams

INT: Goldsack Crisp Kennedy Broomhead(Sub)

Edit: Frost for Keeffe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB Williams Frost Toovey
HB Langdon Reid Seedsman
C Sidebottom DeGoey Greenwood
R Grundy Pendles Adams
HF Goldsack Cloke Fasolo
FF Karnezis White Elliott

INT Swan Freeman Varcoe Thomas

Following rotations are possible: goldsack/reid kernezis/degoey varcoe/seedsman

DEPTH Witts Broomhead Crisp Sinclair Brown Kennedy Dwyer Gault Young Keefe Moore Ramsay Blair Armstrong Schareberg Macaffer

Last edited:
FB: Williams Brown Ramsay
HB: Langdon Reid Sinclair
C: Sidebottom Swan Varcoe
HF: Elliot Cloke Karnezis
F: Gault White Fasolo
R: Grundy Pendles De Goey
I/C: Crisp Goldsack Kennedy Greenwood

i agree with your best 22 apart from Gault he is a rookie and i hope he does make it but there are better players we can put in the side than Gault

Round 1 Team who I think will be selected-

FB: Williams Brown Toovey
HB: Langdon Reid Frost
HF: Elliot Cloke Goldsack
F: Witts White Fasolo
R: Grundy Pendles Greenwood
I/C: Sinclair, Broomhead, Blair and Adams

Crisp, De Goey, Karnezis, Thomas, Freeman, Dwyer and Kennedy have claims. I don't think the Seed will get enough chances to press his claims.

Last edited:
Round 1 Team who I think will be selected-

FB: Williams Brown Toovey
HB: Langdon Reid Frost
HF: Elliot Cloke Goldsack
F: Witts White Fasolo
R: Grundy Pendles Greenwood
I/C: Sinclair, Broomhead, Blair and 1 other.

Other spot, I think is open. Crisp, De Goey, Karnezis, Thomas, Freeman, Dwyer and Kennedy have claims. I don't think the Seed will get enough chances to press his claims.

Thats a very good spine Brown,Reid,Swan,Cloke,White and Pendles :D

B: Toovey Brown Sinclair
HB: Crisp Frost Langdon
C: Kennedy Greenwood Sidebottom
HF: Fasolo Cloke Karnezis
F: Elliott Reid White
FOLL: Witts Pendlebury Swan
INT: Thomas Adams Grundy Goldsack

Leftovers: DeGoey Varcoe Williams Blair Broomhead Freeman Dwyer Young Varcoe Seedsman Ramsey Keeffe Scharenberg* Macaffer*

Maybe even Moore, Oxley Maynard and Ramsey too

Very even list though

This is the team i think that should play round 1
FB: Williams, Brown, Toovey
HB: Langdon, Reid, Goldsack
C: Sidebottom, Swan, Varcoe
HF: Elliot, Cloke, Karnezis
F: Witts, White, Fasolo
R: Grundy, Pendles, Greenwood
I/C: Kennedy, Broomhead, De Goey, Adams
EM: Frost, Crisp, thomas
Unlucky: Sinclair, Seed (not sure how fit he is)

Varcoe would want to perform early in season because Crisp and Freeman look really good. Not really sure about goldsack playing defence but could be used everywhere. Witts may not be in round 1 either given he has been hampered by surgery according to reports

This is my best 22:

B Williams Frost Sinclair
HB Seedsman Keefe Reid
C Sidebottom Swan Varcoe
HF Dwyer White Goldsack
FF Elliot Cloke Broomhead
R Witts Pendles Greenwood
I Adams Langdon Crisp De Goey

Last edited:
This is my best 22:

B Williams Frost Sinclair
HB Seedsman Keefe Reid
C Sidebottom Swan Varcoe
HF Dwyer Reid Goldsack
FF Elliot Cloke Broomhead
R Witts Pendles Greenwood
I Adams Langdon Crisp De Goey

You've got Reid twice. No Brown, Grundy, Fasolo, Karnezis, Kennedy, Freeman, Thomas or Toovey.

FB: Alan Toovey_Nathan Brown_Jack Frost
HB: Tom Langdon_BenRied_ Paul Seedsman

C: Travis Varcoe_Levi Greenwood_Steele Sidebottom

R: Brodie Grundy_Scott Pendlebury_Taylor Adams

HF: Dane Swan_Travis Cloke_Alex Fasolo
FF: Jamie Elliott_Jesse White_Patrick Karnezis

B: Tyson Goldsack_Jarrod Witts_ Jack Crisp
S: Jordan de Goey

Emergency : Matt Scharenberg_Nathan Freeman_Darcy Moore_Ben Kennedy_Lachlan keeffe_Ben Sinclair_Tim Broomhead_Sam Dwyer__Josh Thomas_Jarrod Blair_Brent Macaffer_ Marley Williams

This is my strongest team based on what I know.... players on the emergency list are players that don't make my best 22 or I know little about, players not on the list I don't rate or know nothing about. What does everyone think? My one concern my team my lack some pace, but a solid team.

Going off Thursday nights game and what we know about injuries

Toovey, Brown, Williams
Langdon, Reid (Frost if Reids still injured) Sinclair
Varcoe, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
Karnezis, Cloke, Elliott
Fasolo, White, Goldsack
Follow: Grundy, Swan, Greenwood
Inter: Adams, Kennedy, Crisp, De Goey

Emergencies :Freeman, Frost, Thomas

FB: Alan Toovey_Nathan Brown_Jack Frost
HB: Tom Langdon_BenRied_ Paul Seedsman

C: Travis Varcoe_Levi Greenwood_Steele Sidebottom

R: Brodie Grundy_Scott Pendlebury_Taylor Adams

HF: Dane Swan_Travis Cloke_Alex Fasolo
FF: Jamie Elliott_Jesse White_Patrick Karnezis

B: Tyson Goldsack_Jarrod Witts_ Jack Crisp
S: Jordan de Goey

Emergency : Matt Scharenberg_Nathan Freeman_Darcy Moore_Ben Kennedy_Lachlan keeffe_Ben Sinclair_Tim Broomhead_Sam Dwyer__Josh Thomas_Jarrod Blair_Brent Macaffer_ Marley Williams

This is my strongest team based on what I know.... players on the emergency list are players that don't make my best 22 or I know little about, players not on the list I don't rate or know nothing about. What does everyone think? My one concern my team my lack some pace, but a solid team.
That forward line actually looks dangerous. I like this team. It sucks to see so much talent in the emergency list (in a way) because I'd like them all to play but it's also hard to push others out to fit them. Maybe I'd replace Frost in the backline with Goldsack and then bring another mid onto the bench. I might have to redo my round one team but I might wait until nab cup is nearly over cause I'm sure I'll change my mind again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Collingwood's Best 22 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back