Colorado thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This worries me. His back might be a bigger issue than we think. Anyone have any inside info on this?

i'm with ya on this.Having a back issue this early as a young guy and stopping him from going to Colorado must be a concern.

It's not his back holding him back, he didn't have back surgery!!

wrights injury is a worry he was running at training on the first day and wasnt there the week after i was there. it must be serious. it took a while for markworths knee to come out. it could be an injury you cant fly with.

From the various comments that I've seen, the bubble effect of the camp (getting to know new teammates) seems to be pivotal - rather than getting out and about in the community. The club conducts numerous community camps in the new year (along with the considerable efforts revolving around the Anzac Day game).

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-11-26/community-visits-to-wellington-peninsula

The Saints are heading back to Wellington for their Community Camp in February next year in a bid to promote the game across the Tasman and build on community relationships.

St Kilda players will be split between touring Wellington and visiting the Saints’ heartland region on the Mornington Peninsula – centred in and around Rye and Rosebud - between February 12 – 14.

The list will visit various schools, nursing homes, community centres and hospitals and conduct training sessions at both camps. In the Mornington Peninsula, the camp will also include an Auskick Superclinic.

I agree with the comments above, why go to the US when they can go to NZ for half the price and half the travel grow the support base over there. As a finance guy the situation with the saints that I hate is the club wasting so much money on this trip when Geelong do their training at Ocean Grove each year.

Colorado Training
harvard2.jpg

New Zealand Training
20110811-HOBBIT-slide-V0B3-jumbo.jpg

Though the former coach thought they looked somehow inviting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright's not going because the club doesn't want to risk him losing any weight. They've decided that the cardiovascular benefits he'd gain by going on the trip will not outweigh the inevitable loss in lean mass that will occur.

Source?

Wright's not going because the club doesn't want to risk him losing any weight. They've decided that the cardiovascular benefits he'd gain by going on the trip will not outweigh the inevitable loss in lean mass that will occur.

Thanks for the explanation. Sensible reason.

Thanks Strahany

Wright did well here. The rest of the team slogging it out in the cold of Colorado and he is at home, eating six meals a day, trying to fatten up. :)

sounds like they see him playing a fair amount of senior football this year. i've got to say he looked much much bigger

Excellent footage from last years Colorado training camp:

That's cool that they're in Boulder, beautiful college town and very nice campus, but that first guy interviewed that said there aren't any pretensions there? Errr, what? Boulderites are......strange, in their own way.

Also fully expected the player that was interviewed to answer with "Getting high out of my skull" when asked about his favorite Colorado activities.

That's cool that they're in Boulder, beautiful college town and very nice campus, but that first guy interviewed that said there aren't any pretensions there? Errr, what? Boulderites are......strange, in their own way.

Also fully expected the player that was interviewed to answer with "Getting high out of my skull" when asked about his favorite Colorado activities.

Seriously is that your contribution to discussion on Saints training trip to Boulder. Appreciate you are a local but your attempt at humour, or comment was lame.

If you are interested and want to add to the discussion, love to see what comments are made in local media, if any, on Saints being there and any photos from there. Love to find out constructive input from you.

Dylan Roberton also not making trip over

Remove this Banner Ad

Colorado thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back