Colorado thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With that username it's gotta be a lurker/new account for someone that didn't post much.

Was actually thinking the other day how surprising it was that no-one had claimed that username yet :p

Long time lurker but newly signed up member. Decided it was time I started to get amongst the conversation rather then just read what everyone was saying.

Was also surprised no one had snapped up the username, seen everyone post it and thought was perfect.

Long time lurker but newly signed up member. Decided it was time I started to get amongst the conversation rather then just read what everyone was saying.

Was also surprised no one had snapped up the username, seen everyone post it and thought was perfect.

New poster, but lifetime member. Always reading Saints news but for some reason it just stuck in my head how good their coverage was last year.

Welcome to BigFooty TCE.

What's with Storms Will Chambers joining the trip? Pretty sure that's him holding the bag in the pic of Eli and Maister (Saints website - Boulder Week 1 Photos).

131205-warne.jpg

THEIR teammates and coaches may be in Boulder, Colorado on a pre-season trip, but Dylan Roberton, Nathan Wright and Lewis Pierce aren’t twiddling their thumbs idly in their absence.
The trio are all recovering from injury and remained in Melbourne to further their rehabilitation ahead of the 2014 season.
Last Tuesday Roberton, Wright and Pierce lent a helping hand at Melbourne’s Luna Park, signing autographs and going on rides with kids who were either seriously ill or underprivileged.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-12-05/saints-trio-support-a-good-cause

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with Storms Will Chambers joining the trip? Pretty sure that's him holding the bag in the pic of Eli and Maister (Saints website - Boulder Week 1 Photos).

Yes it sure does look like Willy??
Im a Storm member as well and that definately looks like him. Chambers is one of my favs and he suffers from ITP ( a rare blood disorder ) so maybe the high altitude thingy is beneficial for him???
But maybe its just that Cooper Cronk went away with the Bris Lions last yr that maybe he recomended the high altitude training to a few other Storm players so Willy jumped on board with us.
He is a absolute top bloke and as well as a Storm premiership player , he played Rugby Union in Australia and in Ireland for Munster as well. So he would be able to share some different training ideas.
Will and Lenny could share stories about smashing blokes in takles:)

Will Chambers paid to go over with the Saints.

Josh "They Call Me" Bruce

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-12-05/boulder-2013-bruce-diary-a-change-is-coming

It’s the first day of the cold snap coming through. It’s meant to be getting down to minus 20 over the next couple of nights and a top of minus 10 during the day. The locals are saying it’s going to be the coldest it has been for five years so it looks like we’re in for a bit of a treat.

Yesterday was a big day on the legs with training in the bubble before we did some sprints up the mountains. Today was an off legs session and we had a bit of core strength and some water running and swimming stuff.

The swimming is pretty rigorous. Basically you are testing yourself to go under water as far as you can, pop up and then swim back and do repeat efforts.

Sam Gilbert has been a really good mentor and he has been an established AFL player now. He has been good to learn from and I am excited about the prospect of playing next to someone like him.

Part of the allure to coming to the Saints has been the chance to grab a key defensive position. Hopefully I can put my best foot forward and play some consistent AFL footy and allow guys like Gilbo and Sam Fisher to play their natural game.

Having said that, it’s up to me as to how well I perform in training and in practice games as well as during the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Colorado thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back