List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 41 30.1%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Given how awfully unproductive our rookie drafting has been in recent times i am not sure getting more rookie picks would make any difference.
We could just put one or two actual depth players on the rookie list if we got a couple extra spots, guys in their 20s who have been delisted by AFL clubs and are mostly there to help the WAFL team but can help the main team in a pinch, and just cycle them through every couple of years.
Guys like Trew, Ruscoe, maybe JJ is a future example, etc
Would be big for the WAFL team

People gotta sit up and admit

Its dire and ugly when you got 2 players you want on the delist pile in Jones and Rotham so close to the coaches best 25.....

Im a tad concerned myself that both get contract extensions at the expense of younger players we should be keeping.

To me it almost feels like the writing is on the wall for both Burgiel and Culley given the situation at present, which is insanely dumb, but here we are
What has Burgeil done in the WAFL? Culley had a few good games but needs to be getting 35 every week. Any AFL listed player should be dominant in the 2s. Dominant.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

What has Burgeil done in the WAFL? Culley had a few good games but needs to be getting 35 every week. Any AFL listed player should be dominant in the 2s. Dominant.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
That would be quite some feat considering there are two players averaging over 30 per week in the WAFL and they're not even close to 35.

What would you base your draft order predictions off? The future?
Haven’t got a draft order as the season hasn’t finished or even close to it. We need to see more of players such as Finn and how others that haven’t had as much exposure such as the WA & SA kids fair in the later stages of the season.

I do have groups of players and approximately where they may sit but he’s (FOS) no certainty for pick one currently or even top 5, his season to date has been underwhelming. It was a hand injury and not something serious that has derailed his season.

Finn showed he’s got some talent last year but he’s no Harley Reid and certainly not putting forward the season Harley had last year. Let’s see how he goes over the coming couple of months.

To claim at this stage of the season that the Tigers will pick FOS and claim it in a way that it’s fact is just crazy talk. Read back over some of your stuff mate.

You’re incredibly harsh on O’Sullivan based on him having an average game this year with a broken finger lol.

His resume is incredible and his skill set is a sure thing at the next level.
Watched some of his school footy too mate and no I’m not being harsh on him. I’m being realistic that he’s no guarantee of going pick one.

I’ll edit this to make it clear I have no problem with Fos and would agree with the talent he’s shown as an underager. I will question however why people are locking him in currently as the number one pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched some of his school footy too mate and no I’m not being harsh on him. I’m being realistic that he’s guarantee of going pick one.

Who says he’s going pick one? Smillie is going pick 1.

But O’Sullivan’s skill set absolutely suits us the most and he’s the clear cut 2nd best prospect of this draft.

Haven’t got a draft order as the season hasn’t finished or even close to it. We need to see more of players such as Finn and how others that haven’t had as much exposure such as the WA & SA kids fair in the later stages of the season.

I do have groups of players and approximately where they may sit but he’s (FOS) no certainty for pick one currently or even top 5, his season to date has been underwhelming. It was a hand injury and not something serious that has derailed his season.

Finn showed he’s got some talent last year but he’s no Harley Reid and certainly not putting forward the season Harley had last year. Let’s see how he goes over the coming couple of months.

To claim at this stage of the season that the Tigers will pick FOS and claim it in a way that it’s fact is just crazy talk. Read back over some of your stuff mate.
So we shouldn’t speculate on the draft order on a draft board until the season’s finished? If the draft was held tomorrow there wouldn’t be a club in the land that didn’t have FOS in their top 5.

I didn’t say he’s going pick 1, I said I would expect the Tigers to take him at pick 1 if they finished bottom. From the poll it would also seem most posters feel FOS is comfortably the preferred option for WCE with a single top pick. You’re very welcome to an alternative opinion and if you want to wait until the end of the season to share it that’s your prerogative.

We could just put one or two actual depth players on the rookie list if we got a couple extra spots, guys in their 20s who have been delisted by AFL clubs and are mostly there to help the WAFL team but can help the main team in a pinch, and just cycle them through every couple of years.
Guys like Trew, Ruscoe, maybe JJ is a future example, etc
Would be big for the WAFL team

no, why would we take proven senior talent when we could keep taking obscure punts on projects like Calum Papertalk and Ryan Burrows?

If the draft was held tomorrow there wouldn’t be a club in the land that didn’t have FOS in their top 5.
Big call, absolutely no evidence that this is a fact.
From the poll it would also seem most posters feel FOS is comfortably the preferred option for WCE with a single top pick.
Based on what they have read in here from posters such of yourself. Hardly evidence that FOS is the preferred option for West Coast.

I’m sorry if challenging Fos as a top pick is upsetting to Fos fan boys but he needs to play well over the coming months to land there and that is a fact.

Tom Edwards from Albany , light build but kicks another six goals for SD .
Very good , bit of Liam Ryan about him but a great kick .

Big call, absolutely no evidence that this is a fact.

Based on what they have read in here from posters such of yourself. Hardly evidence that FOS is the preferred option for West Coast.

I’m sorry if challenging Fos as a top pick is upsetting to Fos fan boys but he needs to play well over the coming months to land there and that is a fact.
I’m comfortable with it, if he didn’t play again this year he’d still be top 5. I’d hope that most posters go off more than opinions on BF, hopefully FOS is in the VicC team at Claremont next weekend so people can have a first hand look. No issues with contrary views whatsoever, debate should be encouraged.

I’m comfortable with it, if he didn’t play again this year he’d still be top 5. I’d hope that most posters go off more than opinions on BF, hopefully FOS is in the VicC team at Claremont next weekend so people can have a first hand look. No issues with contrary views whatsoever, debate should be encouraged.
I hope he dominates from here on and he ends up on our list. But he’s no lock currently.

Back