List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah good point that we are one player over currently.

Three of those seven are still shit rookie picks. Picks we havnt really used in the past.

We didn’t delist 8 when we had similar numbers out of contract so we shall see.

Last year?

The three retirements mean we didn’t have to.

So we signed on 5/11? Only 4/12 seems less likely.

Barrass isn’t going anywhere so find it very hard to believe we are going to acquire many more good picks.

I think it’s a chance of happening but not super likely like you are suggesting. We will just be replacing crap with crap if we do.
The current consensus is he's gone.

Any talk of Barrass only costing a late first rounder is so stupid that anyone that puts it up as a comment on here should never have access to this thread again.

So we signed on 5/11? Only 4/12 seems less likely.

Barrass isn’t going anywhere so find it very hard to believe we are going to acquire many more good picks.

I think it’s a chance of happening but not super likely like you are suggesting. We will just be replacing crap with crap if we do.

we also lost Shuey, Hurn, and NN. 9 list departures total. Didn't really wreck our draft.

Anyone get the feeling if we trade Waterman it will be another Fraser Gehrig situation where the team that gets him gets a gun FF for half a decade.

edit* if the trade happens we must find our Kerr

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Meh, I'll take our chances. With how pathetic the service from our midfield's been over the last couple years simply by osmosis he'll be a much better performer elsewhere. If his value is as high as it's ever gonna be and you want to bring the best available picks you can get in for him then trade him now.

Just don't be mad over the next couple years if he fires for Geelong because he would've only been getting 35 inside 50's a game if he was still playing with us.

Seems we're willing to let a 29yo Barrass go if the price is right. Good move all round if someone willing to offer 4 years with his back issues.
Reckon we'll come to the party and regig Watermans contract long term. He's a great age at 25, can play deep forward, high hf and pinch on the wing with his running power. Great versatility.
Pyke would know the family well and work through a fair deal imo...
Peos playing the game.

And were not pushing Oscar out the door people so ease up. A lot of teams go years unable to draft or trade for 2 top line KPFs to their detriment. The fact we've got OA, Snake and a few young talented kids coming through in JW and Archer is a massive plus!

On SM-A336E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree Oscar needs to have a huge preseason and show he can actually play a 24 game season
People keep saying this but let’s look at games played their debuts

Allen
2018 - 2
2019 - 21
2020 - 15 (of 17)
2021 - 21
2022 - 0
2023 - 23
2024 - 7

Now Waterman
2018 - 16
2019 - 13
2020 - 10 (17)
2021 - 14
2022 - 20
2023 - 11
2024 - 16

A knee injury can affect anyone and it takes them out for a whole year. But the idea that Waterman is some resilient warrior and Allen is made of glass is not true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bailey Smith won’t give a crap about Dogs wants and is simply going to choose Collingwood cos that’s who he wants. Doggies just take the future 1st and run off in a annoyed state
With bailey smiths off field stuff and coming off an ACL you would think Collingwood future 1st would be overs .

Smith would be silly to go to the pies . They won a flag off the back of a heap of 30+ year old having stand out years .

They will have a fall similar to ours and Richmond's .

If Smith was smart go to the hawks or Carlton

Agreed. If Hawks and Pies miss the finals I’d reluctantly accept Hawks 1R and Pies 2R which is probably pick 9-10 and 26-27.
You just know the hawks will try palm off Denver Granger barrass on us and that's a big no for me .

My preference is for the AFL to give us some picks and we keep barrass and waterman .

Ryan on the other hand I would part with. Shit work ethic and 3 hamstring surgeries bye bye

Seems we're willing to let a 29yo Barrass go if the price is right. Good move all round if someone willing to offer 4 years with his back issues.
Reckon we'll come to the party and regig Watermans contract long term. He's a great age at 25, can play deep forward, high hf and pinch on the wing with his running power. Great versatility.
Peos playing the game.

And were not pushing Oscar out the door people so ease up. A lot of teams go years unable to draft or trade for 2 top line KPFs to their detriment. The fact we've got OA, Snake and a few young talented kids coming through in JW and Archer is a massive plus!

Best post and spot on

You just know the hawks will try palm off Denver Granger barrass on us and that's a big no for me .

My preference is for the AFL to give us some picks and we keep barrass and waterman .

Ryan on the other hand I would part with. Shit work ethic and 3 hamstring surgeries bye bye
They’ll most likely start with that angle but DGB will probably be delisted. If they get Barrass and/or Battle he’ll definitely be delisted. He carries absolutely no trade value. Train on and SSP at best after we have a good look at him over summer.

PPs would obviously be the best outcome but I think we’ll be lucky to get North F2 and F3 (if anything at all).

Ryan to Freo for makes sense for everyone, not sure he’d love interstate but I’d be all ears if a club wanted him.

People keep saying this but let’s look at games played their debuts

Allen
2018 - 2
2019 - 21
2020 - 15 (of 17)
2021 - 21
2022 - 0
2023 - 23
2024 - 7

Now Waterman
2018 - 16
2019 - 13
2020 - 10 (17)
2021 - 14
2022 - 20
2023 - 11
2024 - 16

A knee injury can affect anyone and it takes them out for a whole year. But the idea that Waterman is some resilient warrior and Allen is made of glass is not true.

I’d be interested to know how many of those games Waterman missed due to injury, and how many were because he was dropped. I’d hazard a guess that a high amount of them were due to the latter.

Oscar has, as you’ve shown, had good availability in all but 2 seasons with us (2018 I'm not counting as he wasn’t locked in our best 22 at that stage), but recency bias has people concerned, given his lack of games in 2022 and 2024.

Peos playing the game.

Nailed it.

I’d be interested to know how many of those games Waterman missed due to injury, and how many were because he was dropped. I’d hazard a guess that a high amount of them were due to the latter.

Oscar has, as you’ve shown, had good availability in all but 2 seasons with us (2018 I'm not counting as he wasn’t locked in our best 22 at that stage), but recency bias has people concerned, given his lack of games in 2022 and 2024.

From 2018 to 2022, Waterman played 19 WAFL games. Didn’t play WAFL in either this year or last

Allen played 14 games for East Perth in 2018 but hasn’t played WAFL since

Meh, I'll take our chances. With how pathetic the service from our midfield's been over the last couple years simply by osmosis he'll be a much better performer elsewhere. If his value is as high as it's ever gonna be and you want to bring the best available picks you can get in for him then trade him now.

Just don't be mad over the next couple years if he fires for Geelong because he would've only been getting 35 inside 50's a game if he was still playing with us.
He seems very genuine about wanting to stay and be a one club player or otherwise he is an extremely good liar.

He hasn’t got plans to go anywhere. I am not so sure about Barrass.

He seems very genuine about wanting to stay and be a one club player or otherwise he is an extremely good liar.

He hasn’t got plans to go anywhere. I am not so sure about Barrass.
Feel like Waterman will stay, and Barrass will go. Perfectly fine with that and probably my most ideal scenario as much as it will hurt to see Barrass go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back