List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 51 21.4%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 54 22.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Allen who is from WA, loyal and a captain of the team. Tell me exactly how you see him either requesting a trade or us telling him to go?
Allen is the second coming of Kennedy. He's captain.

Waterman is very dispensable. He's a flash in the pan. Having the form of his life but very unlikely to continue. Trade him now.

Adelaide are probably thinking whether west coast are stupid enough to do a ridiculous trade. Remember, West coast wanted to trade this year's first round for Curtin. Potentially a number 1 pick. Saved by Adelaide.
And Melbourne saved them with the 2 firsts for Petty. Who were stupid not to accept

Can the club please offer a proper contract to Max Knobel. He is going to be a star ruckman.

He's 2 preseasons away from being the main man but he's currently 4th in line at the dockers.

Turned 20 three weeks ago. Just got 50 hitouts, 16 disposals and a goal in his second league game of the season.....

He was always a high risk / high reward project player but he is coming along at a rate of knots and has been since the start of his senior draft year. 207cm and is not afraid of contact either. Will be the type of ruck who can play 80% of an afl game in 3 years and he's out of contract. Just get it done.

Can the club please offer a proper contract to Max Knobel. He is going to be a star ruckman.

He's 2 preseasons away from being the main man but he's currently 4th in line at the dockers.

Turned 20 three weeks ago. Just got 50 hitouts, 16 disposals and a goal in his second league game of the season.....

He was always a high risk / high reward project player but he is coming along at a rate of knots and has been since the start of his senior draft year. 207cm and is not afraid of contact either. Will be the type of ruck who can play 80% of an afl game in 3 years and he's out of contract. Just get it done.

I dunno, I'm still taking Batman's 4 possession, 10 hitouts any day of the week

Holy **** 27 possesion against men. That comes after his 23 possession game against men

The race is over. Anyone that puts Sid draper below Smillie or Jagga are clowns.

Undisputed number 2 mid behind FOS. Straight up. Over.

Actually I go as far as saying FOS is neck and neck with Draper with pick 1 IMO.
21 tackles in those two games as well. Might be the exact type of player we need.

I haven’t seen any footage of Archer R. But geez the comments coming in are encouraging. Lands like a big cat . Bloody hell hes 204cms.
Give him a game now! Cream rises to the top!Was in top 10 conversation in his draft year.
Give him a taste; he will love WC forever!
HE maybe the Messiah??!!

I haven’t seen any footage of Archer R. But geez the comments coming in are encouraging. Lands like a big cat . Bloody hell hes 204cms.
Give him a game now! Cream rises to the top!Was in top 10 conversation in his draft year.
Give him a taste; he will love WC forever!
HE maybe the Messiah??!!
Watch highlights

So if the offseason started now this is what I would do…
Delist/retire
L Edwards
Rotham
Gaff
Jj (sadly)
Trew
Witho
Trade
2/3 for 7/8 from gc
Somehow get another F1 in a trade to help with getting Warner maybe trade barrass
Draft a defender
Rookie Roscoe and sign Cummings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post in thread 'Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition' https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-2021-offseason-edition.1287462/post-72399747

Three links above on my comments on Lawson Humphries... It's embarrassing we didn't cat b him as from memory we didn't have any at the time.
I was of the same opinion having watched a bit of Humphries in the PSA, WAFL and state 16's. His disposal by either hand or foot was always elite at any level I saw him play in, and the modern game is built upon retaining possession. I think he had 96% disposal efficiency against Collingwood on Friday night. I was staggered that West Coast didn't show any interest in him. I just think that Rohan O'Brien and his merry men have no imagination, because they never seem to unearth any gems with their late picks, unlike guru Stephen Wells at Geelong. Thank heavens O'Brien has finally left the building

Hamish Davis 40 touches in the colts. Looming as a massive riser

As I have posted here a few times before, Davis is a VERY good player, who gets little love from here or the D&T Board.

Under ratted and under appreciated by most draft assessors.

He has a massive tank and has all the skills to be a goal kicking wingman ..... the sort of player that, just quietly 🤫, we are very much in need of.

As I have posted here a few times before, Davis is a VERY good player, who gets little love from here or the D&T Board.

He has a massive tank and has all the skills to be a goal kicking wingman ..... the sort of player that, just quietly 🤫, we are very much in need of.
He’s rated Monocle by some us, just some of us aren’t as active as others in these threads.

He was incredible for WA in every state champs game, he works tirelessly and his positioning is first class.

Someone will get a steal.

Pies were supposedly interested in Barrass and judging from last night’s loss, Tom as Full Back with Moore to CHB would make them a real threat.

Apart from F1 from the Pies, what else? I’m thinking Freo would give up one of their R3 picks for Ben Allan and we could get Pies F1 and say 15. I’d pay a some of TB’s salary for that.

🥧 in: a cheap Tom out: F1 and Allan
⚓️ in Allan out 15
🦅 in 15 and F1 out Tom

Holding a F1 allows us the ammunition to see what we would get for our F1. If not valued high, just take both R1 picks into 2025 draft. Could on sell Pies F1 as well but market value would be very late teens
Barrass for 2 picks close to 20 after bids ?
Give Collingwood a gun FB and hold their future 1st ?

Id rather have Allen leading a young forward line than Waterman.
Allen would get more in a trade, but thats because hes a better player lol, and hes a year younger.

We dont need a top 5 pick necessarily, we just need good picks, the pick we receive will depend on the club thats doing the trading, cant see either of Allen or Waterman getting us a top 5 pick this year tbh. The clubs with top 5 picks wont be in the market

North are in the market.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Back