List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe Burgiel has been extended and the source is an immediate family member.

A Hawthorn supporter in the WAFL thread was also saying Burgiel had signed a contract after hearing it mentioned at some underage basketball tournament

Was hesitant to take too much notice of it as it didn’t sound particularly reliable

Maybe it was on the money

With Archer coming along nicely, does that just tick another box for trading out Waterman?

We will lose Archer when he asks for a trade home at the end of next year if he doesnt see a world where he can push into the main side, and with Allen, Waterman and JWilliams there is some competition.

We still have Darling to play as the 3rd tall next year if we lose Waterman before Archer is ready.

Is it better to trade out Waterman for a fortune or to trade out Archer a year later for a 2nd round pick?

Always a risk that Archer asks to go home anyway, and we get left with no Waterman or Archer, but thats for the club to decide

A Hawthorn supporter in the WAFL thread was also saying Burgiel had signed a contract after hearing it mentioned at some underage basketball tournament

Was hesitant to take too much notice of it as it didn’t sound particularly reliable

Maybe it was on the money
Yep, wouldn’t be betting my house on it just yet but I believe it’s been done.

With Archer coming along nicely, does that just tick another box for trading out Waterman?

We will lose Archer when he asks for a trade home at the end of next year if he doesnt see a world where he can push into the main side, and with Allen, Waterman and JWilliams there is some competition.

We still have Darling to play as the 3rd tall next year if we lose Waterman before Archer is ready.

Is it better to trade out Waterman for a fortune or to trade out Archer a year later for a 2nd round pick?

Always a risk that Archer asks to go home anyway, and we get left with no Waterman or Archer, but thats for the club to decide
If a club offers Waterman big $$$ for next year and top 5 pick (or equivalent) it’s certainly an area of the ground we can cover.

Oscar is worth more in trade value. He will net us a top 3 pick. Waterman will not

I prefer to trade him. We will not lose much in terms of performance. Waterman can make up the ground

Spare me the oh but he is the captain talk. We need a top 5 at worst pick for one of them and most likely is Oscar Allen

Oscar is worth more in trade value. He will net us a top 3 pick. Waterman will not

I prefer to trade him. We will not lose much in terms of performance. Waterman can make up the ground

Spare me the oh but he is the captain talk. We need a top 5 at worst pick for one of them and most likely is Oscar Allen
Id rather have Allen leading a young forward line than Waterman.
Allen would get more in a trade, but thats because hes a better player lol, and hes a year younger.

We dont need a top 5 pick necessarily, we just need good picks, the pick we receive will depend on the club thats doing the trading, cant see either of Allen or Waterman getting us a top 5 pick this year tbh. The clubs with top 5 picks wont be in the market

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allen who is from WA, loyal and a captain of the team. Tell me exactly how you see him either requesting a trade or us telling him to go?

I swear this thread is the most unhinged place on the board.

Thank Christ most of you won't ever get near a list management job in any capacity let alone an AFL team.

Sid Draper 14K 13H 9T and 9 clearances in the league today. Got a feeling he’ll stack up better than Jagga as a mid at AFL level.
Holy **** 27 possesion against men. That comes after his 23 possession game against men

The race is over. Anyone that puts Sid draper below Smillie or Jagga are clowns.

Undisputed number 2 mid behind FOS. Straight up. Over.

Actually I go as far as saying FOS is neck and neck with Draper with pick 1 IMO.

Holy **** 27 possesion against men. That comes after his 23 possession game against men

The race is over. Anyone that puts Sid draper below Smillie or Jagga are clowns.

Actually I go as far as saying FOS is neck and neck with Draper with pick 1 IMO.
For our team I agree. If the Crows trade there pick for petty and a later pick and we get FOS and Sid. That could get me on the Waterman trade wagon

If I told you that 19 of them were contested you might have enough ammo to go round 2 with yourself.

The chance of the Crows trading pick 4 for Petty is precisely zero. Maybe less.
Agreed they will wait until he is an FA now inn 2025 and especially if the draft intel is Sid will fall to them at 4.

Crows - Petty
Eagles - Curtin (very good game today as a mid)
Dees - Waterman

With picks going out to balance it out. Unlikely so keep the snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back