List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 53 19.1%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 75 27.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 48 17.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 19 6.8%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

If we could make it a swap of future 2nds rather than giving up a low 20's I'd seriously think about this.
With no R3 pick and a supposedly deep draft increasing our haul from 3 and 23 to 7/10/14 is a 'not sure' option. Swapping F2nds instead of just losing pick 23would result in a likely drop of at least 10 spots in 2025 R2 (more likely closer to 15 spots) but keep us deeper in the 2024 draft. And that would make the pain to come in 2025 tolerable.

Sorry, I had J.Jones re-signed as a rookie as I like his versatility and he can play good games when called upon. His list spot creates the space if my math is correct.

There may be another/better option than Knobel then, but I do think it'd be an attractive sell for him individually rather than staying on freo's list as the 3rd or 4th option. #1 ruck spot up for grabs, doesn't have to move city, a few local Gippsland boys to become mates with, Harley-mania. Biased WC fan here though haha
I would think it would be easier as he is already here.I think anybody that the dockers have as ruck will not get a game while Darcy/Jackson are around.Biggest sticking point is we rarely trade with the Dockers and maybe Reidy/Knobel go back east.

Last edited:

Add Knobel to this and it’s a no brainer, agree with MrWoollie that a swap of F2s would be better for us and possibly Freo with the Chad.

On my ladder predictor that would be 7,8,14,22 to the draft plus Knobel. Shut down the Baker deal and offer the cash for Issac Cumming.

7-Travaglia
8-MReid
14-Lindsay
22-Mraz
57-Champion match
Rookie-Dennis
FA-Cumming
Trade-Knobel

Love it, but wishful thinking.

Last edited:
There’s no way Fremantle are giving up all three of their firsts for pick 2 or 3, the players they need in the draft are in the range of their picks and even if they don’t want to draft players - offering Sydney or Richmond those three firsts is a lot more appealing to those clubs than just pick 3 in a draft with not much difference between the top 7-8.

There’s no way Fremantle are giving up all three of their firsts for pick 2 or 3, the players they need in the draft are in the range of their picks and even if they don’t want to draft players - offering Sydney or Richmond those three firsts is a lot more appealing to those clubs than just pick 3 in a draft with not much difference between the top 7-8.

Smillie or Draper would complete their midfield and can play first year, it's unlikely but not completely unrealistic.

If we could make it a swap of future 2nds rather than giving up a low 20's I'd seriously think about this.
With no R3 pick and a supposedly deep draft increasing our haul from 3 and 23 to 7/10/14 is a 'not sure' option. Swapping F2nds instead of just losing pick 23would result in a likely drop of at least 10 spots in 2025 R2 (more likely closer to 15 spots) but keep us deeper in the 2024 draft. And that would make the pain to come in 2025 tolerable.
Now you are just trying to win the trade.

You only win trades if it is forced on a club or in a desperate situation.

I think if Freo were keen to swap 7,10 & 14 for Pick 3 and 23 we should take off like bandits into the night this year.

We swapped pick 2 for 8 and 12 a couple of years ago.

Sydney might be the ones wanting that pick 3 for Warner. They may have told Freo that if they can get a top 3 pick then theyll do a deal. Unlikely but possible

Freo and Sydney cant fit another 3 draftees into their squads in the near future anyway, theyre both pretty stacked.

Now you are just trying to win the trade.

You only win trades if it is forced on a club or in a desperate situation.

I think if Freo were keen to swap 7,10 & 14 for Pick 3 and 23 we should take off like bandits into the night this year.

We swapped pick 2 for 8 and 12 a couple of years ago.

Yep good deal for us as a rebuilding team, makes no sense for Freo.

Add Knobel to this and it’s a no brainer, agree with MrWoollie that a swap of F2s would be better for us and possibly Freo with the Chad.

On my ladder predictor that would be 7,8,14,22 to the draft plus Knobel. Shut down the Baker deal and offer the cash for Issac Cumming.

7-Travaglia
8-MReid
14-Lindsay
23-Mraz
57-Champion match
Rookie-Dennis
FA-Cumming
Trade-Knobel

Love it, but wishful thinking.
You are missing Joe Berry in that lineup. Kids a gun.

Freo might If they want Warner this year. Their three firsts might not work.II can see swans wanting 3 and maybe a second rounder. I suppose it might be how much swans want Warner.
Three first round of picks might be what we want as well.

Berry and Kako have been very impressive but with Ryan, Long, Brockman and possibly Champion on the list I reckon we have a few areas to sort first.

We do lack a high volume goal scoring / score involvement small forward tbh

I do agree it’s probably not the most pressing need but I’d be happy to take Kako in particular with one of the picks if we split, he’s a special talent who I think could definitely evolve into a Rankine type player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do lack a high volume goal scoring / score involvement small forward tbh

I do agree it’s probably not the most pressing need but I’d be happy to take Kako in particular with one of the picks if we split, he’s a special talent who I think could definitely evolve into a Rankine type player.
Kako has definitely been the best small forward IMO, but Berry has still been very good. Agree with you that a LeCras type would be great for us but yes, a lot more pressing needs further up the ground.

****ing hell how do fremantle always end up with so many draft picks. Do their players leave and they make out like bandits.

To have Brayshaw + Serong + Hayden Young all elite under the age of 25.

And their draft haul this year is completely insane

****ing hell how do fremantle always end up with so many draft picks. Do their players leave and they make out like bandits.

To have Brayshaw + Serong + Hayden Young all elite under the age of 25.

And their draft haul this year is completely insane
They draft well but then their players want to leave so they get picks in return?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Back