List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
I’m not.

I’ve been saying on our board that we’ll probably have to pony up our two first round picks for Dunkley. With a second round pick coming back.

That hasn’t been met with much enthusiasm.
Have you tried the Port route by just telling people its going to happen and Dunkley isn't worth that much?

What’s this rubbish about Jackson now? Jackson ain’t a rebuild player, he’s a cream on top player. Jesus Christ I’m going to blow a few blood vessels if we trade away pick 2 for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It comes from Melbourne saying it’s open to the best offer (whether that’s posturing or not, who knows). Because we don’t have to offer that much to trounce Freo as things currently stand.

If pick 2 can get us two top tenners from someone desperate for Sheezel/Cadman. One of them and pick 20 is still better than what Freo have at the moment. Then use the other on a Phillipou/Clark/Mackenzie etc

Jackson and one of those guys >>> Wardlaw/Tsatas and whoever’s around at 20

I would love to know what the end game here is. Are we really into Jackson or are we just exacting revenge on the Purples?

It is quite a change sitting with pick 2 and a couple of R1's. Plus the all important preseason draft threat.

I was in driving in the car today and tuned into trade radio - Josh Jenkins!!!! The guy makes Dom Sheed sound like a Rhodes Scholar. Straight back to Spotify and not returned to the garbage.

He cant be traded? Do you think we'll want to get rid of a ruck if we get jackson?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t think we’ll get Jackson.

But no, even if we did get Jackson we wouldn’t trade Williams out several weeks after signing him.

What’s this rubbish about Jackson now? Jackson ain’t a rebuild player, he’s a cream on top player. Jesus Christ I’m going to blow a few blood vessels if we trade away pick 2 for that

Bizarre take. A 20-year-old key position player who’s ready to go is not the cream on top. He’s part of the foundations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Colour me purple and slap my ass.
wink-neil-patrick-harris.gif

Bizarre take. A 20-year-old key position player who’s ready to go is not the cream on top. He’s part of the foundations.
He is not really any good at being a key forward , key back or dominant in the ruck . He is kind of a large on baller who doesn't get enough ball but can give you a ruck chop out .

He is not really any good at being a key forward , key back or dominant in the ruck . He is kind of a large on baller who doesn't get enough ball but can give you a ruck chop out .

Jackson is still finding his way with only 50 games to his name should be a beast when he becomes a experienced 100 game player ..

What’s his key position? He’s a low hit out, slightly above average disposal who has kicked 30.23 in 3 seasons.

You don’t need to pay overs for a ruck at 20, unless name is nicnat. Even then, we didn’t need him to win a premiership. We needed good forwards, a strong backline and a respectable midfield.

He cant be traded? Do you think we'll want to get rid of a ruck if we get jackson?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We've got rid of 2 already in Dixon and Strnadica.

So in the unlikely event we get Jackson we will still have 1 less ruck than 2022.

More likely that we don't get Jackson, or Meek, and we draft a ruckman in either ND or RD.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jackson is an immense talent who has had a very good start to his career, despite a bit of a flat patch in the last half of his third season (rumours that he was a bit hampered by injury).

His trade value is high. This time last year there wouldn't have been many in the competition who had higher... It's definitely gone down a bit due to a relatively poor run of form, but it's still high. I don't know why there's any need to debate that.

The debate the club should be having internally is whether we want to give up more than our second pick because it's almost certainly going to take more than just #2... and if that's if we can convince Jackson to choose blue and gold over purple, which is definitely looking at outside odds right now.

Personally, I'd rather not do that trade but that is mainly due to the state of our list and not wanting to give up additional draft capital that we should be using on midfielders. But that doesn't mean I don't rate Jackson.

EDIT: If, on the very outside chance, we could get him just for pick #2 you'd have to VERY strongly consider it. It's unders for sure. The only concern for me is our pressing need for an elite midfield talent. If it wasn't for that the club should be all over that deal.

We've got rid of 2 already in Dixon and Strnadica.

So in the unlikely event we get Jackson we will still have 1 less ruck than 2022.

More likely that we don't get Jackson, or Meek, and we draft a ruckman in either ND or RD.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like the idea of drafting Broadbent with our third or fourth pick. Think he stepped up late in the season.

Luke Jackson is a weird player to me, he could very well just end up being a great secondary ruck who’s good below his knees

I do not see him being a bonafide superstar leading ruckman, he’s not a very good forward or defender either

I understand his resume is impressive for his age, I just don’t know how much room for growth he has in the ruck department due to him being undersized height wise

I don’t think he’s a sure thing to be a superstar like others seem to think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back