List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
I'd rather still be us.
We're about to embark on a list build. Premierships are the goal, but I very much look forward to the journey to get there.

What club legend will we draft next? The next Judd, Kennedy, Cox, Matera, Marsden 🥰
I am disappointed your question was only singular. I am hoping we get at least 3 club legends from this draft.

Just say we end up with this

Busslinger
Allan
Hewett
One of Burgiel/C Clarke/K Smith

That’s an entirely plausible result and not one I’d complain about

Busslinger at 8 doesn’t necessarily void our draft
If Busslinger and Ginbey are off the table come pick 8 that would be melt worthy imo, gut feeling the club wants at least one of them.

If Busslinger and Ginbey are off the table come pick 8 that would be melt worthy imo, gut feeling the club wants at least one of them.
If Busslinger and Ginbey are off the table come pick 8 that would be amazing because it means we'll likely have the chance to take a couple of very good midfielders

Whilst many, me included, have presumed part of the reason for the club trading down was the top prospects (Wardlaw, Sheezel, Tsatas) being flight risks it should be noted the club itself has never said this.

Had there been a clear standout in ability then I don’t think we do the trade
Absolutely agree and think the club has actually played this one smart.
It's more than just the go home thing. If that's all it was we wouldn't (apparently) be considering guys like Clark or McKenzie. Additional factors in play here and I think the major ones are...
1. As you say, no clear standout. Solid good but not great.
2. Injuries at the top end. This just adds to the nervousness re, say, Wardlaw.
3. Evenness of the picks. Getting 2 x 90% grabs vs. 1 x 95% grab was considered worth it.

Normally I would be reluctant to trade pick 2 except for an exceptional offer, but this year seems different and good to see the club be flexible that way.

West Coast have five spots on their main list available and a strong draft hand including eight, 12, 20 and 26, as well as two rookie spots.

The hard-working McDonald is in contention for the Eagles’ late pick or one of their rookie spots.

West Coast have five spots on their main list available and a strong draft hand including eight, 12, 20 and 26, as well as two rookie spots.

The hard-working McDonald is in contention for the Eagles’ late pick or one of their rookie spots.

For the purpose of luring Logan back home

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shock horror, the Perth footy factory continues to prop up the AFL.

It seems we've found our question mark draft profile boiz.

Nothing I can find of East Perths Connor McDonald on any of the draft websites.

Best take him with pick 26 Rohan, just to be safe.

Plays for Perth btw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plays for Perth btw

Holy smokes.

Imagine vfl.com having a highlights package of him yet he's not on rookieme or draft central websites.

Jesus, imagine that Hewett speccy at the very end of McDonald video not being on Hewett's highlights itself. Blimey.

Holy smokes.

Imagine vfl.com having a highlights package of him yet he's not on rookieme or draft central websites.

Listen to me you old kent... do you want me to delete my account right here right now??

I'd rather still be us.
We're about to embark on a list build. Premierships are the goal, but I very much look forward to the journey to get there.

What club legend will we draft next? The next Judd, Kennedy, Cox, Matera, Marsden 🥰
Yeah i just want some good young kids to watch. Not much to get excited about lately. I thought we would have Chesser this year but obv that didnt happen. Hopefully a few to watch next season.

Is he referring to Baker Smith here?

Attachments

• received_458180119778457.jpeg
    received_458180119778457.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 232
As I look at the supposed top 16 rated players and where I hear they may start to come off the board and where I see they will be gone, I am relaxed. That is the blue boxes. Example - I cannot see Tsatas going past the Hawks and could be as early as Norf.

Even my normal concerns about the Pieman have abated.

I have Cadman, Hayes and Busslinger as the only talls inside 16 meaning there are 13 mids available to choose from at our pick 12 which becomes 13 post Ashcroft.

1668681017553.png

This is my effort at how I think the draft top 30 will actually pan out (still too far out but I wanted to given it a crack)
No doubt I've muffed the order and left out a superstar but whatevs

1. Cadman (GWS)
2. Ashcroft (Lions- F/S)
3. Sheezel (North)
4. Wardlaw (North)
5. Humphrey (Ess)
6. Ginbey (Suns)
7. Clark (Hawks)
8. Busslinger (Cats)
9. Phillipou(Eagles)
10. Mackenzie (Saints)
11. Tsatas(Blues)
12. Hayes (Dogs)
13. Hewett (Eagles)
14. Barnett(Demons)
15. Hollands (Swans)
16. Davey Jnr (Ess F/S)
17. Hotton (GWS)
18. Fletcher (Bris F/S)
19. Allan (Pies)
20. Hustwaite (swans)
21. Weddle (GWS)
22. Burgiel (GWS)
23. George (Eagles)
24. Jones (Dogs)
25. Clarke (North)
26. Cowan (Hawks)
27. Jefferson (Pies)
28. Gruzewski (Eagles)
29. Szybowski (Pies)
30. Konstanty (Saints)

Poo, Hew, Bee Gee and Gru

(and Smith later)

I dont have faith in the club to grab the resulting sliders, we'd just grab Allan at 8 and reach again with 12 imo
giphy.gif

Yeah i just want some good young kids to watch. Not much to get excited about lately. I thought we would have Chesser this year but obv that didnt happen. Hopefully a few to watch next season.
So much sexual innuendo there.

Not sure about having Chesser's over young kids. Let's stick to watching football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back