List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Future bruv.

Future future future.

If we can't cash in this year we might as well start building next year's draft haul. Hopefully our list is transitioning into proper rebuild mode by then.

Alternatively, we could always flip their future second to another team in return for a pick in this year’s draft.

Gold Coast currently have three second rounders in this draft and need points for next year.

Off-season will be the interesting time for him. On field ability was never the issue.
cocaine GIF

Liam Stocker delisted from Carlton. Blues fans seemed shocked and unhappy with the call. Potential there?

Hai gayz :raisinghand:

I'd rather Rioli left than us give him a 4 year contract. That would be absolutely crazy irresponsible list management. 2 years at most if he were to stay IMO.

We've just carried him for 2 years of nothing on our list and then he comes back for 14 goals from 13 games. No way does he deserve anything longer than that.

Port are really dicing with the devil thinking they can get Rioli to not only stay on the park for another 4 seasons, but also return to some good form.

If they want to do it, we need to take advantage of their stupidity and cash in.

I agree with this. Look at it from a club perspective. Rioli hasn't really done enough at this point to earn back the trust that would warrant a 4 year commitment from the club. Granted, he probably hasn't had the time or the opportunity yet. However I think this highlights the severity of the disruption and overall negative effect his behaviour has had on the club as a whole.

I think where the Eagles are coming from, they are willing to let him continue to pay back their faith in him but only with a 2 year contract, as they are (rightfully) a bit gun shy when it comes to a long term commitment. Perhaps there would be 1 year contracts on the table after this, but they would be pending his performance/commitment over the next couple of years.

Port on the other hand (or any other team currently chasing his services) have not experienced the betrayal that we have. So naturally, they are more willing to offer a longer contract and more money. A fresh start for a troubled player can make a world of difference at the right club. Look at Stengle this year for an example.

I agree with Dark Sharks in that if we are to retain Junior, it should be on our terms as we are in a rightful position to be able to dictate them, however I do not blame Junior for chasing some longer term security in what is going to be his final opportunity to do so. Especially with numerous clubs looking for his signature.

Let's get a return on our investment and move onto greener pastures.

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watch Richmond with interest and intrigue. They are looking at possibly one or both of Hopper and Taranto.

They hold picks 12 and 19 (The CCJ gift from Norf) which would probably go close to getting both (maybe something else). The key is that of Dusty and shedding his contract. The could possibly just give up just 19 and throw in Dusty to GWS (provided Richmond pay a chunk of his salary).

With Hopper and Taranto they would be in a position to let Cotchin retire. That would mean Dusty, Cotchin, Edwards and Lambeth all off in one year. Tigers have a load of soldiers and few superstars meaning they will be able to manage the cap. Apparently Jack Riewoldt will be on a very low wage in 2023.

If that all happens, they probably drop out of the Junior race.

I believe the AFL have yet to confirm the playing list sizes for 2023 and there is yet to be a salary cap finalised.

Talk about rubbish leadership from both the AFL and the AFLPA. On one hand they emphasise player welfare and on the other the players on the fringes are treated like dirt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles recruiters going undercover on the Ballantyne wing , tapping in on the Fremantle fringe talent yesterday .

Hope they don't give up too much .

Might have also been checking out Hewett.

Can’t deny I’m disappointed and also find it a bit average from Rioli, but to be fair the deals are different so he has to do what’s right for him and his family.

Have to extract good value at the trade table, won’t hold my breath though. All this talk of a future second; it simply isn’t enough for Junior. Their first and a pick going back would be a good return but unlikely.

Our second most impactful player when he’s available, that’s a blow but a nice return will help accelerate things. Pretty disappointing all round but ah well.

Can’t deny I’m disappointed and also find it a bit average from Rioli, but to be fair the deals are different so he has to do what’s right for him and his family.

Have to extract good value at the trade table, won’t hold my breath though.

Our second most impactful player when he’s available, that’s a blow but a nice return will help accelerate things. Pretty disappointing all round but ah well.

We won two games this year with him in the team, and will probably win two games next year without him in the team. We aren't taking that massive of a hit tbh. Good luck to him.

You would think that Junior would be worth a second rounder or a player. Junior is a premiership winning player. Looks off that pace but I can see him turning some games around. Would be disappointed if we only get 53 since we paid him for 2 years with his self inflicted ban.

We won two games this year with him in the team, and will probably win two games next year without him in the team. We aren't taking that massive of a hit tbh. Good luck to him.
You don’t get better by losing your best players. Just because we only won two games this year doesn’t mean every player on the list is tainted and doesn’t have something to offer going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back