List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
You would think that Junior would be worth a second rounder or a player. Junior is a premiership winning player. Looks off that pace but I can see him turning some games around. Would be disappointed if we only get 53 since we paid him for 2 years with his self inflicted ban.
I would rather let him go to norf for free in the PSD than let port give us pick 53 for him .

Is Tom Phillips worth a look in the pre season draft? Was good on the wing at the pies.
26 year old Gaff replacement. Might be better than some of the dead wood we have

Hough, Chesser,L edwards and if we went Tatas would certainly shut that down.

Fremantle are getting lauded for Brodie/Clark/Aish/Acres, but people are leaving out that Hogan/Bennell/Hill/McCarthy etc weren't that long ago either.
Agree that Hogan and Bennell were terrible trades but the Hill and McCarthy ones are actually OK when you dig in the details.

Hill was brought in draft 2016 for pick 23 (again and used on Ben Long), then when he left in draft 2020, Freo got Acres and Serong (Freo got pick 10 and a R2 plus some noise each way). I would call that a win both years.

With McCarthy, they gave up 3 which was McCluggage and got Sunshine, Logue and Darcy. I doubt Lions would have given up 2 without getting 3 back so Freo would never have got McCluggage. Logue - jury still out but not looking a top 10 (he is supposedly going this year and will give them a decent pick back but not a R1 IMHO) and Darcy is a real win. So not great but not a disaster.

Is Tom Phillips worth a look in the pre season draft? Was good on the wing at the pies.
26 year old Gaff replacement. Might be better than some of the dead wood we have

Hough, Chesser,L edwards and if we went Tatas would certainly shut that down.
we could draft phillips and he’d be dead wood. We shouldn’t be touching any fringe type that are older than Oscar

Said we should have sacked him when he stuffed up the drug test. Said we should have sacked him when he mucked up being the bag man…

He has cost us three years development into someone else.. Bravo.

Disappointing, but the club will go on.

We thought losing one of the best players to ever play for the club at the end of 2007 would be our death knell, but we were able to bounce back from losing Rowan Jones pretty soon

I'll say it again:

He's a Rioli (name tax)
A Premiership player.

That alone should get us a end of First round pick.

I'd be asking for 8 and sending a pick back.
Now that he says he's out, ****'em We want 8. Otherwise North can have him for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said we should have sacked him when he stuffed up the drug test. Said we should have sacked him when he mucked up being the bag man…

He has cost us three years development into someone else.. Bravo.
Nah, then the prick would have been picked up for free by another club.

I'm disappointed with him but it's time to drive a hard bargain. A future second seems like the most realistic and closest to fair. We need to drive a hard line and not let him sprout some crap about grieving his Dad so we had better bend over backwards for him.

Anything less than a second round pick is pretty much a junk pick, so I'd rather let him walk to the PSD and go to North for free (or pick him up again if they pass).

If you told me i could do the same job at another company I'm doing now, guaranteed for the next 4 years on better money, you can bet your ass I'm taking it.

Is it a dog act by Rioli? Yes. Is that also natural in a professional sporting environment that this happens? Also yes. His priority is to himself and his family, not his employer, albeit one who stood by him when he should have been sacked.

Look at it this way. If we sacked Rioli 2 years ago we'd have got nothing. Now we're at least getting a pick for it, so it was a good bit of business sticking by him regardless.

Nah, then the prick would have been picked up for free by another club.

I'm disappointed with him but it's time to drive a hard bargain. A future second seems like the most realistic and closest to fair. We need to drive a hard line and not let him sprout some crap about grieving his Dad so we had better bend over backwards for him.

Anything less than a second round pick is pretty much a junk pick, so I'd rather let him walk to the PSD and go to North for free (or pick him up again if they pass).

So what? For three years we had nothing anyway…. We get a future second and its not moved to this year thats 4 years of nothing.

I'll say it again:

He's a Rioli (name tax)
A Premiership player.

That alone should get us a end of First round pick.

I'd be asking for 8 and sending a pick back.
Port will offer a third round pick and then threaten to take him via the PSD if we fight it. Reckon the club would do good by them anyway considering we got a decent second round pick to move down two spots in the draft last year.

If you told me i could do the same job at another company I'm doing now, guaranteed for the next 4 years on better money, you can bet your ass I'm taking it.

Is it a dog act by Rioli? Yes. Is that also natural in a professional sporting environment that this happens? Also yes. His priority is to himself and his family, not his employer, albeit one who stood by him when he should have been sacked.

Look at it this way. If we sacked Rioli 2 years ago we'd have got nothing. Now we're at least getting a pick for it, so it was a good bit of business sticking by him regardless.
I don't begrudge Rioli taking the deal.
**** port for putting the deal in front of him.

Port will offer a third round pick and then threaten to take him via the PSD if we fight it. Reckon the club would do good by them anyway considering we got a decent second round pick to move down two spots in the draft last year.
Roos are keen on him and Clarko will have no issue getting him

Would anyone entertain the thought of trading Pick 2 for Erasmus?
I'm thinking that might be the best talent acquisition move for us, and allows Frockers to acquire ammo for Jackson.
He’s a ball butcher, no way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back