List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Great to see Jermaine Jones get a contract extension along with Bazzo and Jamieson. Liked what he's done since moving to the backline with his run and carry.
I had some doubts whether Jj was gonna get a go after being dropped after showing a bit last season.

When Rioli is getting games ahead of a young bloke like JJ who tries his bloody heart out and just needs a run, it makes ya mad.

I tell ya, what I wouldn’t trade to trade Rioli for another few season of Brad Sheppard. There’s a player you can admire. Proper footballer. Proper clubman.

Are we in your view a destination club based on player arrivals?

Do we need to be? We’re rebuilding.

The last big fish we reeled in was Kelly. We put all our eggs in that basket, it didn’t pay off. Going out and getting another one now would be pointless.

Are we in your view a club that players are looking to leave?

Yes Rioli is worth a 2nd rounder so it's the equivalent of packaging up two 2nd rounders for a first in a much stronger draft.

2 down to 8 in this draft would leave us with a choice between Phillipou or Clark either would be very good.
I’d rather 2 (3) in an alleged weak draft than 8 (9) in the first one and a pick in the teens in the second one.

“Next year’s draft is better”: up there with “walk them to the PSD” as the most posted things on this website. Draftees will be flying and have lasers for eyes by 2030 at this rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rather 2 (3) in an alleged weak draft than 8 (9) in the first one and a pick in the teens in the second one.

“Next year’s draft is better”: up there with “walk them to the PSD” as the most posted things on this website. Draftees will be flying and have lasers for eyes by 2030 at this rate.

Each to their own

Personally feel like Phillipou has a similar ceiling to the top 3 in this draft so i would be ok with trading down for the right deal

Heading into next years draft with 2 first rounders would certainly aid our rebuild as well

Freo's rebuild was shambolic and half succeeded in spite of their strategy. They had bust trade after bust trade and missed finals for 6 seasons. If they had just kept some of their decent players and hit the draft, they might have been back with a few years.

As it stands, they look well short of being a team that can win a flag. Almost lost on Saturday against a bog average Bulldogs. Their forward line sucks and they are likely to lose Lobb this off season. I don't see how they take the last step to contender without a short bottoming out, but as they need a gun KPF, that probably won't work in the short term.
Amiss looks the goods if you ask me

Also I simply don’t understand how Jamieson has a contract, has shown literally nothing.

Would be disgusted if Winder/Williams were delisted before him.
Are you serious? Jameson showed quite a bit. Thrown in to CHB in his first game and leading the ruck ; all in what? Seven or eight games! Goes hard with second and third efforts. More than happy with what he showed.

Harry Edwards tradebait?

A couple of clubs looking at their KD stocks and a bigger player to fill their needs (Saints, Port both looking to make a jump into the 8 in 2023).

We have Gov, Tom & Baz.

Monocle

Thoughts on Liam Stocker?

DFA still only 22.

Questions on endurance and two way running.

Will he get another shot somewhere else?

Carlton really drafted a heap of mids. Too many even. Dow another top mid picked sitting in the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back