List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Playing Devils Advocate -

1. Our S&C team have been questionable for some time not just this year (This department is now under review and will be revamped it has been said publicly and by Bond, hasn't it?)

2. Individual clubs are not allowed to do seperate medicals on draftees prior to the draft. (Why not- Bloody stupid!)

3. Wardlaw has missed a lot of football in the last 3 years. Two of the years are not his doing. In 2022, he has not been great on 2 important ability requirements- availability and reliability (as you said, two years aren't his doing. I'm not so worried. Flipping it, he could have an even higher ceiling because of this too)

4. Having taken an injury prone Chesser and not had him this year, I suggest our list team will be nervous to take another injury prone top pick 2 years in a row (Chesser was very unlucky with his ankle. Could be a blessing in disguise for his meniscus. )

5. He is not in my mind a stand out number 2 pick - we will be able to match up a strong inside mid at 20 to go with whoever we pick. (Injuries aside, he's arguably #1. A dynamic inside mid who can go forward. Exactly what we need. I say take the punt.

It might feel like an Andrew Brayshaw pick but I’d be ok with Jye Clark at 2. (I'd much rather us split the pick if this is the case, get two for one at this level)
I agree take the punt on Wardlaw, however Tsatas is closing on him and a few more performances like we saw on the weekend from Tsatas and I would take Tsatas ahead of Wardlaw but only just and probably because of the injuries. Tsatas form cannot be denied forever if it keeps up at this rate, especially if he dominates the Metro vs Country game.

Dusty set to earn $2.6 mil over the next two years at Richmond
Oh boy woweeeee.... no wonder they're shopping him around
He's absolutely cooked and probably sitting on two strikes.
what was the reason he just missed 8 weeks? Hamstring awareness?
Is it too late to say his got a basketball background. You know with all the boob grabbing it's kind of like basketball.

That's good, it lifts his price.

I assume you mean his trade value because there is no way the club should consider offering 4 years to old mate, he’s one stupid decision (well another one) away from finished and guaranteed at least 2 soft tissue breaks a season, and probably some personal leave in there too.

I can’t quite believe that they would offer him that.

Rioli for Ports future 2nd.
We then have some currency in 2023 in a supposedly stronger draft, or to trade to GC for one of their 2022 1st round picks.

I say do it!
I think Port will move up the ladder again. They had a down year with a transition to Rozee being the main man and SPP being the bull. I expect Rozee to continue on and Wines to come back into form. Their second rounder could be mid 30s. If two clubs are into him and one is offering 4 years then it goes without saying he is highly rated. I'd be wanting a pick between 20 - 25, or some deal that improves our position.

All good, I have read that the club has matched Ports offer but the WC ofer oincludes a lot of non dollar conditions (very wisely i would think). Perhaps it the club is smarter than many give them credit. Perhaps the Junior team dont like the conditions and thats the issue. He is also at an age and has the right profile where we should look to move him on for the right price to help building investments.
He’s a unique talent but an unstable personality. He could well crash and burn in the next few years. Decide that training and playing AFL and abstaining from weed is too hard, retire early and return to the Tiwi islands. I wouldn’t be matching four years. The extra conditions in the contract are probably totally appropriate in the circumstances. It could be argued that he hurt the club in a similar way to Cousins did in 2007.

If we lost Rioli for a second rounder, we could potentially target Toby Bedford who's shown a bit this year. Then look to recruit a half forward in the draft: Brayden George, Darcy Jones and Konstanty would all be around our second pick.

Hey guys I know our weakness is in our midfield and we will be looking at 2 mids with our first 2 picks.
But with the 2nd pick in the twenties would we consider Keeler 198cm fwd who can ruck ?
His highlights look pretty impressive and v good foot skills for a big man.
Would be an upgrade on Bailey Williams immediately
1000%, if he's by some miracle at our second pick I'd snap him up in seconds. He's top 10 on talent.

I've been interested in getting him home but not any more after that game. Great intensity but he doesn't do enough. I think he's more of a Hutchings type. He'll be dropped this week for Raynor, and will have Ashcroft as well ahead of him next year.

I'd wait another year or pass all together.

Spent a bunch of time forward and actually slotted a goal. He didn’t have a huge impact when he was in the Centre, but was playing a run with role on their best on baller. He’s 21 and barely played all year, naturally the pace of Finals footy may take some adjustments.

I’d be happy to bring him back West and see if he can become a quality on baller, who can go forward and hit the score board.

I think Port will move up the ladder again. They had a down year with a transition to Rozee being the main man and SPP being the bull. I expect Rozee to continue on and Wines to come back into form. Their second rounder could be mid 30s. If two clubs are into him and one is offering 4 years then it goes without saying he is highly rated. I'd be wanting a pick between 20 - 25, or some deal that improves our position.

I think you're overvaluing Rioli's trade value. To us he's worth a pick 20-25, but at the trade table? A guy with a ASADA suspension, a subsequent drug possession charge (despite his suspension, he's clearly still using illicit drugs) and clearly fitness issues is a big gamble for any club.

Rioli will nominate a club and we will be forced to trade. 1.Because that's the nature of the current trade dynamic (players hold most of the power) and 2. with his mental/emotional fragility, no club will draft him via PSD against his will. It'd be asking for him to go off the rails.

The unknown value of a future 2nd is probably how we get his value above a 3rd rd pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyron Hayden delisted by North, odds of us throwing him a lifeline?

I think you're overvaluing Rioli's trade value. To us he's worth a pick 20-25, but at the trade table? A guy with a ASADA suspension, a subsequent drug possession charge (despite his suspension, he's clearly still using illicit drugs) and clearly fitness issues is a big gamble for any club.

Rioli will nominate a club and we will be forced to trade. 1.Because that's the nature of the current trade dynamic (players hold most of the power) and 2. with his mental/emotional fragility, no club will draft him via PSD against his will. It'd be asking for him to go off the rails.

The unknown value of a future 2nd is probably how we get his value above a 3rd rd pick
If he has a number of suitors which appears to be the case, (he has great talent despite his downsides), then there has to be a club that will make an offer in the twenties. Players traded for third round picks (which are virtually valueless) aren’t being chased by 4+ clubs. I wouldn’t be bending over to Rioli’s desires or dealing with cheap skate Port, willing to offer a four year deal which shows how they value the player and then insult by offering peanuts as a price. Rioli is an asset, albeit tainted, that we have invested a lot into and should play hardball to get some return. As to a future pick I would rather have something now as opposed to always pushing it out to the future which never comes. We need an immediate injection of quality youth and talent.

Kyron Hayden delisted by North, odds of us throwing him a lifeline?
Article says he's been constantly injured.

I'd say it's a lock.

Seems Deven Robertson is playing fro Brissie. Wonder if they are trying to hold onto him and make him not ask for a trade by giving him an opportunity to play in the finals?
Watched him yesterday closely, and Fagan only gave him tagging roles. Didn't trust him to take a ball winning midfield position, like Lyons usually gets.

As a tagger I thought he was exceptional BTW, he kept the Meatball very quite and the only time he got off the chain was when Dev went to Bolton for 5-7 minute period late in the second. After the meatball fell apart, he went to Cotch and basically wiped any impact he had from the game.

Dusty set to earn $2.6 mil over the next two years at Richmond
Oh boy woweeeee.... no wonder they're shopping him around
He's absolutely cooked and probably sitting on two strikes.
what was the reason he just missed 8 weeks? Hamstring awareness?
Best time to cash in on Dusty, take the salary off your books and get draft capital to help the rebuild.

The had an exceptional draft last year - got 5 high quality kids and are in a good position to draft well again this year. They could really speed it up by trading Dusty whilst he still has trade value.

Watched him yesterday closely, and Fagan only gave him tagging roles. Didn't trust him to take a ball winning midfield position, like Lyons usually gets.

As a tagger I thought he was exceptional BTW, he kept the Meatball very quite and the only time he got off the chain was when Dev went to Bolton for 5-7 minute period late in the second. After the meatball fell apart, he went to Cotch and basically wiped any impact he had from the game.
Not sure if stats are correct but it says that he gained a total of 4m for his team. At least he did kick a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back