Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Riley Beveridge
@RileyBev
·
3m

West Coast is understood to have enquired about Port Adelaide's Dan Houston as part of the Junior Rioli talks + the three-team trade with North Melbourne and the No.2 pick. Houston signed a five-year deal with the Power in March, taking him through to 2027.
@AFLcomau
isnt it a fact that WC only have 4 spots to fill? On that basis I’d rather walk away from that proposal with Ports, talk to GWS about swapping pick 2 for their 12 and 15 and take 12,15,20 and 26 to the draft. Maybe do a deal with any later picks for a future from someone. Alternatively just take 2, 20 and 26 to the draft and give later picks to Brisbane for Robertson and they can maybe use them to do some deals to help land Dunkley

So Ratugolea to Port

Jason Cripps will now have the ladders and chairs game with a tag team.

In one corner, we have Steven Wells

In the other corner, we have The Pieman and Rawlings in a tag team.

Tables Ladders And Chairs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Imagine going to a bank to finance a home purchase, being told your collateral is insufficient to afford it and then deciding your next course of action is to look at a more expensive house

Would Richmond entertain a trade of Rioli for Graham assuming Junior would go there and does that suit us?

Jarrad Schofield would have the inside running on who is worth poaching. Hope he's working the phones for us.

Hmm... Port want Rioli, JHF and now Ratugolea... and to the best of my knowledge, haven't shown a willingness to give up any players. HTF do they get those deals done?

I suppose Esava is probably only worth a 4th rounder... which means Geelong will probably demand two-second rounders ;)

I wonder if Geelong would agree to something like the following (noting that they will almost certainly have to trade out pick 7 for Bruhn and Henry).

Port give pick 8 + 33 for pick 7 and Ratugolea

Maybe that 33 goes back to GC for Bowes (that trade isn't finalised yet from memory?)

Every step that pick 8 takes towards pick 2 this year makes any trade with us more appealing. And even though points say otherwise I'd much prefer pick 7 on it's own to pick 8+33.

Go through their list from the top down and ask for one every couple of hours to f*ck with them. Don’t really want Houston, little old for where our list is tracking would prefer a 21-23 yo. Next one should be Butters followed by Rozee. We can play the unrealistic trade game too. See how desperate they really are

isnt it a fact that WC only have 4 spots to fill? On that basis I’d rather walk away from that proposal with Ports, talk to GWS about swapping pick 2 for their 12 and 15 and take 12,15,20 and 26 to the draft. Maybe do a deal with any later picks for a future from someone. Alternatively just take 2, 20 and 26 to the draft and give later picks to Brisbane for Robertson and they can maybe use them to do some deals to help land Dunkley
Doesn't this depend on Hurn, West and maybe Witherden (also does that include Redden)? Could have more spots to fill than we currently think...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deals that still need to be done.

Jackson to Freo
Willie Rioli to Port
Bowes and Pick 7 to Geelong
Tanner Bruhn to Geelong
Ollie Henry to Geelong
JHF to Port

What others?

AFL Trade Radio
@traderadio
·
2m

"We've learned this afternoon that the Eagles have decided to ask Port for access to Dan Houston. He doesn't want to go, I don't think Port Adelaide will be entertaining it." - Damian Barrett

Ah Damian Barrett, late to the party as always. Twomey mentioned this 4 hours ago and said we were shut down immediately. 🤣

Good to see the left hand knows what the right is doing on Trade Radio. 🤣

To be fair, kinda hard to trade Houston after he just signed a five year deal. He's a Victorian, so for him to make a commitment like that would mean putting down roots in South Australia. I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to travel west and being even further away from family. We'd have to be willing to pay him more than Port are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back