List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
I’d assumed he’d be North’s first pick anyway if they trade away JHF, so he wouldn’t be available.
Yeah tend to agree with you on that however they could go Cadman….they need a key forward to help Larkey and eventually replace him. If they had Ports pick 8 go a midfielder there.
It’s why a live trade would be the best option

I'll bite.
I'd have Wardlaw, Sheezel, Cadman, Mackenzie, Philippou, Humphrey, Ashcroft, Busslinger, Hollands and Tsatas ahead of Clark.
He really seems the most vanilla pick of the top 10 despite his obvious aggression in contests.
Other then Ashcroft and Wardlaw. I reckon Clark's the most complete midfielder in the draft. Some may see that as Vanilla as he doesnt have that X factor in any one area but I think he's the selection we'll regret the most not taking.

Other then Ashcroft and Wardlaw. I reckon Clark's the most complete midfielder in the draft. Some may see that as Vanilla as he doesnt have that X factor in any one area but I think he's the selection we'll regret the most not taking.
That's Mackenzie for me. The kid is class personified.

Port dropping all these trash rumours painting us as being difficult.
How bout you EABOD campaigners.

Can this thread be locked until the next Rhino tweet.

Yeah tend to agree with you on that however they could go Cadman….they need a key forward to help Larkey and eventually replace him. If they had Ports pick 8 go a midfielder there.
It’s why a live trade would be the best option
They've needed a key forward ever since they decided they didn't like Ben Brown any more at the end of 2020. They had a chance to grab MacDonald (considered the best tall and best remaining available) with pick 3 that year but went with Phillips. And that was after not forcing a Sydney academy match, which they should have done.
Edit - Cadman is obvious, but so was MacDonald.

Basically what I am saying is that who knows what North will do? I suspect even North don't know what North will do.

If we do keep pick 2 I think Cadman should be our pick if he’s available, I keep watching tape on him and he really does look like a Jeremy Cameron regen, could be the perfect CHF to pair with Oscar

They've needed a key forward ever since they decided they didn't like Ben Brown any more at the end of 2020. They had a chance to grab MacDonald (considered the best tall and best remaining available) with pick 3 that year but went with Phillips. And that was after not forcing a Sydney academy match, which they should have done.
Edit - Cadman is obvious, but so was MacDonald.

Basically what I am saying is that who knows what North will do? I suspect even North don't know what North will do.
So that’s why we should retain pick 2 for draft night and see what North do. Then use the pick to take Warlaw if available or live trade down. Clubs will be looking to get to Cadman or Sheezle

I don't get how all of these clubs just think they can commit to multiple players who are not Free Agents and then complain when they can't get deals done. Port and Brissie both doing it this year. Port in particular are going to end up playing the victim but they do not have the capital to get these deals done. Go **** yourselves. Seriously.

I'm all for waiting for an offer that's is overs for pick 2 otherwise best available. A win either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston, we have a different version of events.

Barrett was saying that Port went to Houston about this last night and got shut down straight away. Surely Port weren't trying to push him out on a 5 year deal???

Last edited:
I don't get how all of these clubs just think they can commit to multiple players who are not Free Agents and then complain when they can't get deals done. Port and Brissie both doing it this year. Port in particular are going to end up playing the victim but they do not have the capital to get these deals done. Go * yourselves. Seriously.

Agree. They over commit and then expect the other clubs to take less just because they cant pay fair price.

I know we all go around circles here with these discussions.

But I can’t help but wonder if we have all written Warlaw off too early.

If he gets to pick 3 and the club has had a good interview with him and he’s tested well at the combine we would be mad to not take the risk on him.

The kid is the best player in the draft when he’s on the park. Better than Ashcroft.

Has a little bit of Judd about this story I know Judd was shoulders and Warlaw Hammies but still.

Imagine trading pick 2 out and he goes on to be the A grader from this draft.
I firmly believe if we overlook Wardlaw and Tsatas we will be melting for years both are going to be players you can build a midfield around !!!

One of them are ripe for the picking please don't stuff it Pieman !!!!!!!!!

If correct: That would please me, I rate Ginbey highly.

Would also surprise me too, as Ginbey has some “James Hunt” about the way he plays the game , an attribute and characteristics ( sadly ) not generally valued by The PieMan & Co.
At pick 8 though?

I firmly believe if we overlook Wardlaw and Tsatas we will be melting for years both are going to be players you can build a midfield around !!!

One of them are ripe for the picking please don't stuff it Pieman !!!!!!!!!
If we take Tsatas with pick 2 we should be melting. He is an outside leaning 1 way runner with questionable foot skills. Given that we took a couple of outside leaning types with our first 2 picks last year, there is no way that we can pick another 1 with pick 2.

If we take Tsatas with pick 2 we should be melting. He is an outside leaning 1 way runner with questionable foot skills. Given that we took a couple of outside leaning types with our first 2 picks last year, there is no way that we can pick another 1 with pick 2.

I like Tsatas more than most but I agree there are a couple better options.

I wouldn’t mind asking the question about Caleb Poulter, hasn’t been offered a deal at the Pies - Suns and Crows apparently interested, worth taking a chance on imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back