List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:

Both SA teams aren’t interested in the local Poo boy and you would think they would know if he’s the Future Bont ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well, when you've been courting JHF/Rankine for the past couple of years, someone's going to have to miss out.

I heard that WCE are wanting Ed Allan at there 3rd pick.
They maybe prepared to throw in next years third rounder to go up a few places
to secure him if they feel another club will take him ?
I feel like there will be a quality slider at 20 that trumps Allan (ala Matty.J last yr). 26 would be tolerable.

Phillipou is this year's SPP, Johnson, Valente etc. Almost means his career is going to be mediocre.
real housewives fight GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Both SA teams aren’t interested in the local Poo boy and you would think they would know if he’s the Future Bont ..

I am sorry, but that is absolutely false

As someone with contacts out that way at Woodville West Torrens (Phillipous club), he is VERY much on the Adelaide teams radar. If Port hadn't been so desperate to get JHF, he almost certainly would have been their first pick at 8

They have been into him for a long time

I am sorry, but that is absolutely false

As someone with contacts out that way at Woodville West Torrens (Phillipous club), he is VERY much on the Adelaide teams radar. If Port hadn't been so desperate to get JHF, he almost certainly would have been their first pick at 8

They have been into him for a long time

Just not enough to actually get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the same Adelaide team who have recently taken Pedlar, McAsey, Cook, Jones and McHenry in the first round. Wouldn't say they are a great judge of talent.

I guess they should have just added JHF, Junior Rioli, and kept pick 8.

I just feel The Poo is massively overrated on this board (flavour of the month) and if he was as good as everyone is suggesting (THE BONT!), then he'd be a Pick 1 contender, rather than a potential at 8 or even 12.

I also can't see the pie man calling his name out, so am definitely tempering expectations so I don't melt as hard as everyone else will be when we go something like The Bus and Hewett.

Both SA clubs preferring others is another factor in my thinking. Port preferred a petulant baby and a fat pot smoker to THE BONT. Madness!

Why ? Because people people rate him .

Those other player weren't top 10 picks .

Phillipou to me would be the type of player to play a few years doing some nice things then go bang in his 3rd or 4th year .

Remember he is only 4 days off being in next years draft

My only issue with him, and it's a red flag, is his back injury. Having a chronic bad back myself, I know how limiting they can be, and of course, lead to hammy issues too. DD around this injury would be the first consideration were he to be in the picture for us.

I am still holding out hope

Buslinger gets taken early. Pieman realises that Hewitt is a reach at 8. Which leaves Phillipou or Gibney, and I would be happy with either

But the feeling is most likely correct, if Buslinger is still on the board, I cannot for my life see the pieman not selecting him 😑

I just feel The Poo is massively overrated on this board (flavour of the month) and if he was as good as everyone is suggesting (THE BONT!), then he'd be a Pick 1 contender, rather than a potential at 8 or even 12.

I also can't see the pie man calling his name out, so am definitely tempering expectations so I don't melt as hard as everyone else will be when we go something like The Bus and Hewett.

Both SA clubs preferring others is another factor in my thinking. Port preferred a petulant baby and a fat pot smoker to THE BONT. Madness!
He is a contender for number 1 pick, just ask him.

No one is suggesting he's the Bont who is one of the best players in the entire AFL. They are suggesting he has similar attributes, in that he's tall, can play through the middle and win contested ball and kick goals going forward. He might end up a Blake Acres type being a tall midfielder who is a bit meh.

But at pick 8 in a weakish draft, we need to find gold, and with pick 12 to come we can swing for a home run, the risks with his back, and limited exposed form mean he might be available at pick 8, but given what he's shown and his late birthday if it all comes together we could score massively.

JHF is one year removed from being labelled a generational player. Of course they'd prefer him over Poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back