List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Once North are done with pick 4 there will be 9 players who’s name could literally be called in any order from 5 (Essendon) to 13 (West Coast)

Phillipou
Humphrey
Tsatas
Ginbey
Clark
Mackenzie
Hollands
Busslinger
Hewett

It’s a pretty even group and I doubt any two clubs have those 9 in the same order

The only other players I’ve seen mentioned as a possibility to break into that group (and it’s happened very rarely) is Jefferson, Hayes and Allan

There’s a chance we take Busslinger first but Bell has indicated we’re looking at mids and O’Brien said best available. Buss isn’t a mid and I don’t think is that far superior to be considered best available when factoring in needs

Choice most likely at 8 is between Mackenzie and Ginbey ahead of Hollands and Hewett. Maybe Tsatas slides

I think Saints, Carlton and Bulldogs leave Hewett

At that point the only player the club conceivably sees better than Hewett is Allan

Mackenzie and Allan/Hewett
or
Ginbey and Hewett

would be my preferred pairings

If Allan or Hewett then get through to our 3rd pick (unlikely) then no hesitation in calling either name

If Phillipou or Clark did get through to our first pick then I’d take them before Mackenzie or Ginbey

Last edited:
And at the same time Hewett was putting up fairly decent numbers in the seniors, he's a better pick with our second imo.
Agree - I would be picking Hewett ahead of Allan. I love seeing how the prospects go in the WAFL as it show a lot.

I was just refuting your prior point that it was just Allan's running at the combine that got pundits excited. It is also a case of Hewett had finished school and Allan was in year 12. There is a load of difference in maturity once kids leave school.

Agree - I would be picking Hewett ahead of Allan. I love seeing how the prospects go in the WAFL as it show a lot.

I was just refuting your prior point that it was just Allan's running at the combine that got pundits excited. It is also a case of Hewett had finished school and Allan was in year 12. There is a load of difference in maturity once kids leave school.
Yeah fair enough, I just didn't see Allan mentioned anywhere until he smashed the combine.
What do you think of Allan? I didn't see him much towards the end of the year but before that he seemed mainly outside to me but he might have been working his way in to things as the season went on.

According to The West we've let the cat out of the bag.

West Coast have dropped a massive hint at what type of player they’re looking at bringing in during next week’s national draft.
“We’re looking for midfielders, I don’t think there’s any secret there so we’re looking in that space,” Bell told SEN WA.
“And generally at the top of the draft, that’s where the best mids are.”

mind blowing.

Excuse me campaigner, it was actually me that did this.

Whilst every gumball was frothing on here over the supposed A grader Kelly, I was regularly putting up stat comparisons and highlighting just how much improvement Sheed still had in him.

Seems you might want to get me a citation quickly, or delete your account. I'd go with option B.
Who the F@#$ are you. I wasn't even on here at that time. Did I mention this forum. Piss off

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

evil-laugh-rub-hands.gif

5s4kkZ1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MacKenzie and Holland's for first 2 picks 2🤮
So vanilla
Mackenzie IMO projects as being a far better player than Ginbey (and Clark for that matter) based on his NAB League and U18 output this year.
You could build a midfield around him ala Pendelbury, there's nothing vanilla about him.
I can assure you I will be equally unhappy if we leave Mackenzie on the table for Ginbey.

Yeah fair enough, I just didn't see Allan mentioned anywhere until he smashed the combine.
What do you think of Allan? I didn't see him much towards the end of the year but before that he seemed mainly outside to me but he might have been working his way in to things as the season went on.
Returning from a back injury - you would shy away from starting him at the base of the pack. He played more outside and as a runner earlier and gradually played more inside. Confidence in your body means you get to go harder at the contest.

Pedigree, talent, speed, good skills, football iq, dedicated etc

There is a lot to like about Allan. He feels about right at 20. At 12, more speculative with a high ceiling.

Who the F@#$ are you. I wasn't even on here at that time. Did I mention this forum. Piss off

You weren't on here during the time you claim to be on here doing these things, whilst you've also had an account since 2013...???

I'll put you on the ground in 3 hits unless you pipe down immediately kent.

Mackenzie IMO projects as being a far better player than Ginbey (and Clark for that matter) based on his NAB League and U18 output this year.
You could build a midfield around him ala Pendelbury, there's nothing vanilla about him.
I can assure you I will be equally unhappy if we leave Mackenzie on the table for Ginbey.

Theres going to be massive melts what ever way we go this year 🤣

Mackenzies exposed form is certainly better but Ginbeys ceiling is higher imo. If were left with a choice between the two id rather Ginbey.

Mackenzie will probably start his career faster but when they're both 24 i'd rather Ginbey.

Here’s another reason why we should be selecting Hewett with our second pick (or even our first)

Had we retained pick 2, most likely we would have selected Wardlaw as the best midfielder in the open draft. Of all the options we have with our two early picks, I believe Hewett comes closest to providing the same skillset as Wardlaw (not as good but the closest on a like for like comparison)

So a Wardlaw-lite in Hewett plus another quality mid (any of Mackenzie, Clark, Ginbey, Phillipou, Hollands or even Tsatas) would more than justify the risk of trading down like we did

Nail 20 and 26 to add to Chesser, Hough, Bazzo and Culley we have the building blocks of a successful rebuild with the prospect of 3 picks inside 30 next year

Here’s another reason why we should be selecting Hewett with our second pick (or even our first)

Had we retained pick 2, most likely we would have selected Wardlaw as the best midfielder in the open draft. Of all the options we have with our two early picks, I believe Hewett comes closest to providing the same skillset as Wardlaw (not as good but the closest on a like for like comparison)

So a Wardlaw-lite in Hewett plus another quality mid (any of Mackenzie, Clark, Ginbey, Phillipou, Hollands or even Tsatas) would more than justify the risk of trading down like we did

Nail 20 and 26 to add to Chesser, Hough, Bazzo and Culley we have the building blocks of a successful rebuild with the prospect of 3 picks inside 30 next year
The ironic thing about this is if he puts it all together, he could potentially be the best from this class.
Pure match winner when on. Hopefully maturity bring out work ethic and consistency.

You weren't on here during the time you claim to be on here doing these things, whilst you've also had an account since 2013...???

I'll put you on the ground in 3 hits unless you pipe down immediately kent.

Settle little petals

Keep it civil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back