Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Would anyone do

Swans Give: 14, Future 3rd or 42

WCE Give: 26, WCE Future 2nd

Would make the downgrade from pick 2 look something like this assuming we got Hewitt

Trade Out: 2, 40, 26, Rioli, WCE Future Second

Trade In: 8, 12, Hewitt, Port Future 3rd, Swans Future 3rd or this years pick 42

We still have a good hand next year & can possibly use future picks & those future 3rds to cover the use of that future second to grab Hewitt.

I will take a stab at it ..And liable to change on the live telecast..

Mackenzie
Jefferson
Hewitt
Jones/ Burgiel
Pascu / Cleaver (Beau Waters types)

These Picks feature 2 balanced and skilled mids , A JK replacement fwd and a choice of 2 speedy mid / fwd types ..
Iate pick of a physical defender type..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So much talk about next year’s draft being the “super draft “. So much can happen in 12 months.
Yeah Beatson said next year's crop always looks better because no psych work has been done on them and its only on talent and potential. He also said this year's crop looked promising for tall talent but those guys just haven't come on.

Had a nightmare last night...... I dreamt the flowing:

Its Christmas morning and I have been dreaming all month of a brand new shiny bike, I asked father Christmas for it , even text messaged him to reinforce the wish ..... couldn't sleep last night imagining my new bike.... wonder what colour it is ... red/blue/black/silver ?????????

I bound into the lounge room and my heart sank as I look at my chair will all my pressies on it ...... and I see ..... an olive green scooter.

Tears start to run down my cheeks and I try to hide my disappointment once again.

To make things worse, I then look out the window and I see the kent next door riding about on his brand new shiny purple mountain bike.

I woke up and have been glum all morning ........... surly that wasn't a bad omen.

Have been singing the Kevin Bloody Wilson song ever since I woke up: Santa Claus you F*** C***... feel free to join in if you know the words.

Sydney aren’t getting a F1 with 17 and 14 is only going to get one that’s tied to a genuine contender in the expectation it’ll be at the very end of the 1st round

To get something better they’d need to combine them

Late 1st round 2023 (nominal of course, based on this years finishing positions):

Cats - can't trade it
Melbourne - hold theirs plus Freo's
Sydney - N/A
Collingwood - can't trade it
Freo - traded to Melbourne
Brisbane - traded it to Dogs
Richmond - traded to GWS

Basically, late 1st rounders available are in the hands of Melbourne (x2), Dogs and GWS.

GWS aren't trading to get into a range where they have 3 picks already.
Dogs have 11 and 21... you would think they would have to be ridiculously keen on an individual to try to get a pick in between those 2
Melbourne are the other team - they are making noises that they want to trade up (i.e. not 100% happy with the talent for them at 13) - not sure they would trade a future 1st to get another pick in the teens.

And surely North wouldn't consider either their 1st or Ports 1st for a pick in the teens this year.

I just don't see teams who may be on the fringe of the top-10 next year trading that pick for 15/16/17 or later this year - and as above those that will be later next year either aren't available or don't make much sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When people write they'd be happy with X,Y,Z...
What is their reasoning for players being available at those picks? Or is it a dream scenario that players slide to us there?
Is it just hope that people see Ginbey getting to 13, Allan or Hewett getting to 22, or Burgiel, Barnett getting to 28?

I will take a stab at it ..And liable to change on the live telecast..

Mackenzie
Jefferson
Hewitt
Jones/ Burgiel
Pascu / Cleaver (Beau Waters types)

These Picks feature 2 balanced and skilled mids , A JK replacement fwd and a choice of 2 speedy mid / fwd types ..
Iate pick of a physical defender type..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I like this, big fan of Pascu!

Is the draft broadcast over radio so I can listen to it on the way home?
There might be audio through the AFL app/website

Don’t know about radio

The thing is, he would still be the most sought after player if he made it through the first round and someone would trade to get him. If we want him we either need to take him at 12 or get one of Sydney’s picks

GWS has the 1st pick of the 2nd round. We have the 2nd pick.

As I posted Giants may just lose to abid or trade one of those picks.

Hewett slides out of the 1st round chances are we will have the chance to draft him.

The melts of here will be epic when we pass on him with pick 22.

you forgot the 20-40 minutes of mindless gibbering by Gil.
Yeah even with that they tried to eek out the picks so tv could talk about it, last year started at 4:30, JHF was taken about 4:35, pick 7 was 5:05, Chesser at 14 was an hour after JHF.
This is gonna be a real long draft because after the first bracket it's really even and clubs will be on the phone and they'll be heaps of more time requests.

When people write they'd be happy with X,Y,Z...
What is their reasoning for players being available at those picks? Or is it a dream scenario that players slide to us there?
Is it just hope that people see Ginbey getting to 13, Allan or Hewett getting to 22, or Burgiel, Barnett getting to 28?

Hewett - would be character based
Allan - he won't get to 22

Ginbey - I can see a pathway where he gets to 13.

If the Cats take Busslinger at 8, we take Clarke or MacKenzie at 9 - then I think the Saints take the other one.

Carlton have been linked to Hotton and Allan
Dogs seem likely to pick a tall (maybe a slight reach for Hayes)

Ginbey seems to have one of the higher ranges in his draft position from the top 10-12 prospects (probably along with Tsatsas and Phillipou - where it seems likely all are taken at a certain spot but they may slide 5/6/7 places after that if not taken)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back