List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:

I chortle at the WC media saying our strategy "paid" off.

Unless we had planned on taking Ginbey at 2/3 - then we won't know whether it has paid off.

If Ginbey/Hewett is better than say Wardlaw - then sure - but it's going to be a number of years before we can say it "pays off"

Reckon the Bombers get a freebie? I don't see any of GWS, us, or WB bidding on Davey, although the Dogs did chase Fletcher. I also don't understand why GWS gave Brisbane bonus of roughly pick 43.

What time does this thing restart anyway?
Same time as yesterday (4pm WST)

Unless we had planned on taking Ginbey at 2/3 - then we won't know whether it has paid off.

If Ginbey/Hewett is better than say Wardlaw - then sure - but it's going to be a number of years before we can say it "pays off"
I dunno. If the strategy was to pick those two players it has definitely paid off. If you took Ginbey at 3, you wouldn't get a shot at Hewett.

The last time we had two first round picks we had to give up Chris Judd to do it.

Reckon the Bombers get a freebie? I don't see any of GWS, us, or WB bidding on Davey, although the Dogs did chase Fletcher. I also don't understand why GWS gave Brisbane bonus of roughly pick 43.

What time does this thing restart anyway?

Same as yesterday, I believe.

I dunno. If the strategy was to pick those two players it has definitely paid off. If you took Ginbey at 3, you wouldn't get a shot at Hewett.

The last time we had two first round picks we had to give up Chris Judd to do it.

Trade out for 3 picks, why not 4?

It isn't the number of picks - it's the quality.

It'll come down to whomever was 3rd highest rated versus Ginbey/Hewett.

Something we can't celebrate for a number or years

I remember Carlton heralding their genius move to get Stocker... That bold moved "paid off" as well at the time.

Didn't that chick used to be a draft expert before she was offered a full-time gig with GWS?
Emma Quayle? I wouldn't know what she looked like. She didn't seem to be engaging much, so I thought she might have been an AFLW recruiter in there to help out or just get more experience.

I noticed a number of recruitment teams had at least one female, so thought this might be a common practice. Their salary comes under the soft cap so it figures that they also have a role with AFL recruitment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade out for 3 picks, why not 4?

I remember Carlton heralding their genius move to get Stocker... That bold moved "paid off" as well at the time.
The fascinating thing with the Stocker trade is that the player Adelaide selected with the F1 they recieved was middling as well (can't remember who off the top of my head). Otherwise it would have gone down as an all time great trade disaster.

I hope we don't use 26 (29) on Kaleb Smith, there are way better players currently left.

We could also wait until the 3rd round and offer Ports 3rd rounder to take him or Gilbey. By the 3rd round, clubs would happily take future picks.
100% agree. I mean I couldn't have said it better myself.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fascinating thing with the Stocker trade is that the player Adelaide selected with the F1 they recieved was middling as well (can't remember who off the top of my head). Otherwise it would have gone down as an all time great trade disaster.
2BFE2CF2-0219-43D8-8C15-33EBE65147BB.jpeg

Ended up being pick 4 for Stocker and pick 11.

Crows botched it by splitting pick 4 and turning it into McAsey and Pedlar (who?). Hayden Young and Caleb Serong were the next players taken after McAsey.

The rumours of the top Victorian players saying they wouldn't leave Victoria will continue to be a variable we have to remember in the future when they compare Ginbey/Hewett to the likes of a Wardlaw. Give me two exciting young players who we won't have to worry about being flight risks after seeing how JHF panned out (If the rumours are in fact true).

Speculation had it that all of Wardlaw, Sheezel and Tsatas were big on the draft tampering with the go home factor. So rather than celebrating we might well be commiserating in two years and return to square one with pick 8 from Geelong that they got in a salary dump for Noah Anderson.

View attachment 1563634

Ended up being pick 4 for Stocker and pick 11.

Crows botched it by splitting pick 4 and turning it into McAsey and Pedlar (who?). Hayden Young and Caleb Serong were the next players taken after McAsey.
Thanks. That's the other reason no-one talks about it anymore, as it's too complicated for the media to remember. The same with our gold coast pick trade in 2017.

So we now have a contingent of young bulls with big bodies that we can play together so they learn to gel as a unit

Culley::whitecheck:
Ginbey: :whitecheck:
Hewitt::whitecheck:

On paper, this look highly promising

The next question is whether Simpson is prepared to ditch seniority and his credits in the bank selection policy so we can develop these kids where they need to be developed: On the ball

That would mean for example, a guy like potentially Shuey, should be either playing on the half forward flank, or, starting on the bench to give these kids precedence to develop

This should not mean that Simpson plays these kids on the half forward flank whilst giving Shuey precedence until he retires

O'Brien has done his bit here. Now its over to the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back