List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

would be funny if north get denied sanders and only get band 2 for mckay. i seem to remember they all thought they were a lock for a billion picks last year and only ended up with a couple of low future picks. hopefully they get * all.
The Tin rattlers already have a bounty of 1st round draft picks on their list. They are also trying to offload one of their only half decent Key Position players to get access to another one.

Yet they still want even more assistance in the first round of the draft that is already highly compromised with NGA & F/Sons.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we can work the system. Mutually agree to rip up Barras contract.

Get a club involved.

We get pick 3
Trading club doesn't waste capital
Barrass gets a band 1 contract

Everyone wins
Yeah I really don't think the AFL will be on board with WCE attempting to blatantly rort the system by 'ripping up' a player's contract.

Get a club involved.

We get pick 3

Everyone wins

Did you steal that idea from someone on the Bulldogs’ board?

Twoomy reporting lions 2 yr offer, eagles 3 yr offer to Dev.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have it from a very good source that Dev isn’t keen on coming to West Coast.

Same source indicated that Elliot Yeo’s management has reached out about a return to Brissie 👀

Get a club involved.

We get pick 3

Everyone wins
This isn't my clubs board so hopefully you don't think I'm overstepping my bounds.

This kind of scenario is why I hate this existing free agency system. It incentivises clubs to push out their own players, good servants of the club with a long tenure and strong internal relationships built over years. All because the system hands you compensation that's significantly more than the player would be worth on the open market. It puts supporters in the shitty position of having to decide between a player they've loved watching vs pick 2 in the draft.

He’ll stay I reckon. Whether that’s a great loss or not is pretty debatable at this stage.
He sits perfectly in a position of need at an age of need for the club, and would come at minimal cost. He may not go on to become a star but I think he can certainly reach a Chris Masten/Dom Sheed level of foot soldier. If we can get him, I think we'd be silly to pass on him.

Just an idea for people to remember.

Clubs outside of those needing points dont look to improve their draft hand to just get the best picks possible.

Each club has a list of targets in a band within each area of the draft specific to the clubs needs and requirements.

Significantly higher talent will trump a list need at said pick but if the talent is similar the list need will take prevalence.

This is why clubs now trade forward and back through the draft. One key area where the WCE are seen as by other clubs is fair in negotiation and fair in trades.

It places the club in a good position to secure the talents they are targeting. I dont specifically know who West Coast are targeting in the draft however as a supporter rather than someone working for another club I have a long and specific list of who I dont want the club to draft.

There is zero point in improving your draft position unless you are targeting specific players. If a player will be there at pick 19 the club wants there is no need to trade up. The same with pick 33 imo.

Remember last year, the club was happy with the pick they had to select Noah Long. Now if that pick was 40 rather than 58 would the club have Long? Maybe, maybe not. However as supporters everyone is happy having Long on the list now and well into the future.

Most clubs operate in this manner with only the academy clubs/fs and clubs with cap issues operating differently. The manner in how each club reaches their draft list and who is on it will be mildly to wildly varied however the end aim is almost always identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back