List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Westoff for Port played wing for at least 200 of his 300 games but he was 6"8 so i suppose that doesn't count .

Cedric cox played wing for essendon this year he is 200cms but too skinny to play KPP.

At the end of the day brander has been in the system for 4 years so he should be judged on his output not where he was drafted . Just like SPS

I said currently

Would love to see a three way trade involving WC, Geelong and Freo, going something like this.

WC give up: Brander and pick 10
Freo give up: pick 6
Geel give up: Clark

WC get: pick 6
Freo get: Clark and pick 10
Geel get: Brander

Can't see Geelong being Geelong basically trading a contracted Clark in a straight swap for an uncontracted Brander.

Maybe something like this?

WC give up: Brander, pick 10, pick 35
Freo give up: pick 6, pick 27
Geel give up: Clark, pick 52

WC get: pick 6, pick 52
Freo get: Clark, pick 10, pick 35
Geel get: Brander, pick 27

Can't see Geelong being Geelong basically trading a contracted Clark in a straight swap for an uncontracted Brander.

Maybe something like this?

WC give up: Brander, pick 10, pick 35
Freo give up: pick 6, pick 27
Geel give up: Clark, pick 52

WC get: pick 6, pick 52
Freo get: Clark, pick 10, pick 35
Geel get: Brander, pick 27

Equally, can’t see Freo being Freo letting us get ahead of them into the top six.

Won’t surprise me in the slightest if Clarke is still playing for Geelong next year.

Doubt Geelong let him go for 27 and he’s not worth 8 so Freo are going to have to find a way to get something in between

I’ve said it before but it’s going to be fun sitting on the sidelines watching this one

Won’t surprise me in the slightest if Clarke is still playing for Geelong next year.

Doubt Geelong let him go for 27 and he’s not worth 8 so Freo are going to have to find a way to get something in between

I’ve said it before but it’s going to be fun sitting on the sidelines watching this one
I suspect they’ll make Carlton do the legwork on that as I doubt they’ll accept just 6 for Cerra

I suspect they’ll make Carlton do the legwork on that as I doubt they’ll accept just 6 for Cerra

True and this is what worries me with the SPS trade - Carlton will push for one of our 2nd rounders because they’re likely to need it for Cerra and 49 won’t help

It’s why a straight swap of SPS for Brander holds some appeal beyond it actually being a fair enough trade

Say we do get piss lucky and Brisbane were willing to swap 2022 first for 14 and 18 then i'd go like this knowing what I do about the club.

SPS in for Brander
Delist: O'Neill
Retire: Kennedy (I see him deciding to move on. It's been a surprise him going on as long since 2018 GF, has a lot of interests outside of footy and Lecca is his best mate)

10: Sinn (He has been seen as a likely higher pick for a while but I see him dropping a touch due to size and weight but I think WCE really want the speed and kicking)
14: Johnson (tall, all round balanced mid with clean hands, size and has that special something where he seems to have more time. A lot of people making pendelbury comparisons, I see more David Mundy in there)
18: JVR (I know actually rate him as the best tall of the draft but see Darcy, Gibcus, Amiss and maybe Andrew going before him) Andrew the other big slider.
29: Roberts (I see him being the slider of the draft and i'm putting myself out there on this. Has been up and down, no real outstanding features and already reasonably physically developed. Lower than expected production too, his two goals in his last SANFL game may keep him top 20)
35: Warner (It's little bits and pieces of what i've seen he's just a good old fashioned footy player. He won't be a star but what i've seen i've liked. He turns the right way when others don't, is hard at the man and makes the right decisions)
49: Dittmar (has size, is already quite physically developed and while his kicking is hit and miss I see a worst case scenario of him being a strong defensive mid and break away from stoppages)

If JVR gone before 18 I'd take a mid and Bazzo at 29

We keep West and Jones as rookies (I wouldn't keep west but that's just me) and then Rookie either Scott Jones or Luke Strnadica as break in case of glass ruck or ruck/forward options.

Bradley Hough as a mid is one we are very keen on and i rate him highly
Would love us to pick up Rhett Bazzo
James Tunstil is another very good mid never loses his feet is quick and has good kicking skills

Geelong are dicks. What really annoys me with Clark and Kelly is why they didnt come out and say they want out of geelong, no exceptions. Both of them have hedged their bets and want a trade but also imply they'll stay if they have to. It allows Geelong to try and get overs in a desperate attempt to start fixing up their stuffed up list profile.

As much as I dislike Freo, I'd rather that Clark stays with Geelong. Call their bluff and let's see if the kid can actually play (or if they will ever give him a chance).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bradley Hough as a mid is one we are very keen on and i rate him highly
Would love us to pick up Rhett Bazzo
James Tunstil is another very good mid never loses his feet is quick and has good kicking skills

I see Hough as the draft bolter that the club thinks will last to the middle of the second round and someone else takes him as a late first or very early second. Similar to what happened to us with Will Powell.

I am a huge fan of Bazzo. JVR gets the nod from me as I think he's significantly better athletically and can play either end. Timeline wise if you're picking a KPP defender and want someone who reads the play exceptionally and has good skills then Bazzo is the man and could very well replace McGovern in 3 years time.

I know we focus on WA players, but what's happened to all the buzz about Nathan Freeman since the mid-season draft? If you want a plug-and-play state-league midfielder, likely for a very late or rookie pick...

I know we focus on WA players, but what's happened to all the buzz about Nathan Freeman since the mid-season draft? If you want a plug-and-play state-league midfielder, likely for a very late or rookie pick...
He has dodgy hammies and average kick. We picked Connor West as that plug and play state player and he is 4 years younger too

I personally am not the biggest fan of Sinn as a midfielder I juse see it as a very West Coast pick and know he's been talked to by the club on multiple occasions. I see him being picked for run, carry and kicking from defence.

He is a very WC type pick and that worries the sh1t out of me, because he is very injury prone and secondly do we really need another HBF that might 🤞become a midfielder.
Contested ball winners are a MUST this draft.

and not the biggest fan of Gorter.

Please WCE_phil I think you will find that none of us are big fans of Gorter he was one of the biggest misfires in our drafting history, we rookie listed him ahead of Tim Kelly.

download-2.jpg

Talk about ghosts of past drafts......... nightmare stuff........... flashback of the very worst kind.

Now Josh GOATER is a completely different proposition, he is a player that I rate.

download-3.jpg

Oh FFS I had better take a couple of Diazepam tablets, as the very mention of the name Gorter spooks me to the very core.

Hey guys I’m looking to become a member in WA. Can I become one? Is there a waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey guys I’m looking to become a member in WA. Can I become one? Is there a waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There’s a wait list to get on the wait list

And I’m not even joking

There’s a wait list to get on the wait list

And I’m not even joking

I have a couple of questions. So I’m a Victorian member do I not get access?

2- How big is the waitlist roughly? And would I have the chance to attend any games next year?

3-Why was optus stadium only built for 60k baffles me. Should of been built for 80k surely?

4-looks like I’ll stay in Victoria then or barrack for Freo lol how sad

Imagine being the nuffie who decided on 60k capacity, for a club who has the most members and growing. Maybe he got confused with GWS or something. Rather than spending on all that money on x.y.z they could of added more seats

So you build a 60k stadium for a club that has 100k members and growing.

What was the point of this new stadium? Might as well stayed at Subi

Now I got no choice but to be a Freo member what a disgrace

Seems we could be the key to making both the A.Cerra and J.Clark deals go through.

Carlton currently have picks 6, 25 & 61

Fremantle only have picks 8 & 27

Dockers willing to part with a second round pick for J.Clark, but apparently want x3 other picks in total above 40 before they hand it over.

Carlton obviously do not want to trade out of the draft entirely in order to land A.Cerra, but pick 6 alone is not enough to get it done.

J.Brander + 35 + 49 <===> S.Petrevski-Seton + 25 + 61

6 + 35 <===> A.Cerra

27 <===> J.Clark

Carlton pickup A.Cerra and J.Brander (and G.Hewett via RFA) and retain pick 49 in the draft.

Fremantle get J.Clark and enter the draft with picks 6, 8 & 35.

West Coast gain S.Petrevski-Seton and enter the draft with picks 10, 25, 29, 61 & 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back