List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
News of the Cameron delisting is sad. Kid looked the goods. I know he was injured a lot last year but surely that's not why we pushed him out the door. WTF happened last year for him to fall so far off the reservation?

We haven’t pushed him out the door. He’s walked away.

Which Rohan O'Brien then used to hold his party pies?

Not to worry, ROB copied them onto his hand for draft night:

1633395479541.png

"I, er um.... WE'LL TAKE [insert KPP slider]!"

I’m expecting GWS to trade back in the draft from 2 to 7. The quality in that range are mostly midfield and if GWS can get 7 and another 15 from Tigers (they supposedly want Hobbs). Tigers in line with another R1 as they have massive points to pay the premium for Doggies 17

Tigers have picks 7, 15, 26, 28, 42 and 47. Probably landing 38 ( Chol compo) and could land 40 from North in the deal for Coleman-Jones.

Those deals could leave them with 2, 17, 26 and 28 to take to the draft.

Picks 38, 40, 42 and 47 are equivalent to pick 8 - more than enough to trump any other bidder for pick 17
Good deal for both parties, Tiger likely want Callaghan and thinking about it GWS really don't need Callaghan. They've got Whitfield, Ash, Kelly who are very similar to him! Going back to 7 with 15 or 17 would likely get them an Andrew and Van Rooyen, two big needs for them.

Callaghan adds elite midfield class for the Tigers, and there will still be some great talent left at 15/17, 26 and 28.

Who’s this year’s Nakia?

I feel like Erasmus. Johnson's got too plain a name to throw around with any real disappointed emotion.

I'm hoping we can come to a board consensus soon though, I don't know enough draftees names and want to make sure I'm in the loop for when I get upset for something I know little about.

52 for SPS is fair enough.
Fringe player at a club which was never in the running for finals, who now is even further down the pecking order with Cerra and Hewett arriving.

Out of contract and has no future at Carlton. Can likely get to the Eagles via the PSD.

looks like these SPP rumours have legs. partner wants to move back here and expecting their first child soon. hopefully we dont break the bank.

SPS for pick 52 is a no brainer.

cant believe geelong want pick 8 for a player that has played not many games

If we get SPS and SPP through the door I won’t be surprised if the club takes a tall with their first pick thinking that the midfield stocks are sorted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vozzo on leave.

Not sure correlation equals causation, but they do seem to be making the right decisions in his absence.
They would have been working on SPS for months, if not years really (from monitoring him for the draft he was selected in, keeping in touch with his manager, sounding him out regularly etc). All of this is clearly a team effort.

looks like these SPP rumours have legs. partner wants to move back here and expecting their first child soon. hopefully we dont break the bank.

SPS for pick 52 is a no brainer.

cant believe geelong want pick 8 for a player that has played not many games

Yep, and not due to injury. They've dropped him or played him as the sub and preferred Jed Bews, Brad Close and Jake Kolodjashnij ahead of him.

No one is paying pick 8 for any of those guys, and Clark by Geelong's own barometer is worse than them.

They would have been working on SPS for months, if not years really (from monitoring him for the draft he was selected in, keeping in touch with his manager, sounding him out regularly etc). All of this is clearly a team effort.

For sure. My comment re Vozzo was very much tongue in cheek.

I'm hoping our recruitment and list management is more than just one person making decisions! (no doubt it is!).

If we get SPS and SPP through the door I won’t be surprised if the club takes a tall with their first pick thinking that the midfield stocks are sorted.
[/QUOTE]

Good call, that's the exact type of thing we would do. 🙄

For what's its worth I think we should be all in on Erasmus (sounds like a LeCras/ Dusty type whose body will develop to be a bull & can hunt the footy). If he's gone the idea of trading that pick to somewhere between 14-19 & scoring an additional 2nd would hold a fair bit of appeal 🤔 If we do pick up Erasmus, completely agree we still need 2 more 18 yr old genuine mids as we all seem to want.

With Gov's hip issues and lack of KPD depth (ironically which could have been Brander's best shot) have a feeling we're eyeing off Bazzo too. On that; can anyone attest to Bazzo's laconic approach? Will it affect his draft range???

I feel like Erasmus. Johnson's got too plain a name to throw around with any real disappointed emotion.

I'm hoping we can come to a board consensus soon though, I don't know enough draftees names and want to make sure I'm in the loop for when I get upset for something I know little about.
100%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back