List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

This the same brander who is uncompetative as a key defencder in the WAFL? He is a bust , no amount of 'development' will turn him around.
Negative motivation does work and worked very well.
Robert Walls said WCE were the wooden spooner in 2018.
Sumich reckoned Melbourne is not a top 4 material this year.
Brander might end up a Bontempelli mkII in 2022?!

and some bloody terrible footy there. If at his size you are not dominating at WAFL level you have no hope at AFL level.

Didn't he have like 30+ touches playing as a midfielder in his last WAFL game? If that's not dominating as a midfielder, i'm not sure what else you want?

He DOES dominate WAFL due to his size, he dispatches tackles and his athleticism and agility is pretty obvious.

If the WAFL site wasn't so pathetic i'd highlight all the good games he played this year despite playing out of position and in the midfield.

Funny what the club calls him as well. Wonder how many bags they'll want him to kick as a midfielder that also plays key forward whilst also being full back.

1633486851409.png

Didn't he have like 30+ touches playing as a midfielder in his last WAFL game? If that's not dominating as a midfielder, i'm not sure what else you want?

He DOES dominate WAFL due to his size, he dispatches tackles and his athleticism and agility is pretty obvious.

If the WAFL site wasn't so pathetic i'd highlight all the good games he played this year despite playing out of position and in the midfield.

Funny what the club calls him as well. Wonder how many bags they'll want him to kick as a midfielder that also plays key forward whilst also being full back.

View attachment 1254054

I rewatched all our WAFL games twice and Brander was the worst player in all of them. Even the ones where he wasn’t playing.

View attachment 1254054

Why is Nic stalking him?

So glad the standing on the mark rule has increased scoring!

Swampy stealing my fact....I feel honoured :D

Compared to last year's shortened games it has, but that's completely disingenuous to include them in the stats surely.

Take out last year and it's the lowest scoring year for over 50 years

Not mention produced the lowest scoring full gametime season in 50 years, and gave us one of the most lopsided and boring finals series I can remember.

Way to save the game AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS must be pretty confident Hogan will stay fit. And I'm guessing he's on change compared to Finlayson, so it might help them alleviate cap pressure. But that's cheap. Port doing well at suring up key position talls on the cheap.

Finlayson traded to port for a future 3rd round pick.

Other clubs showing what a bunch of campaigners Geelong are with respect to the kelly trade.

Quite a fall from grace there - was a key part of the 2019 GWS side that made a Grand Final.

Giants just give up Finlayson, for Powers future third, which at most most most most will be about Pick 40 IF they finish last.

More like pick 50-55, if not later due to FA compensation.

For a 40 goal a year forward. Kick GWS out of the comp please.
At least it ain’t a Victorian team milking the expansion teams for all they are worth for a change.

I question whether some people ever watch the WAFL or not. Brander has played some good footy there in multiple roles.
Agree with you on that point. I have gone to WAFL matches and seen him play his role as a KPP pretty well. I am frustrated we have let his development go to the dog house. He slimmed down to play midfield and then we complain he is not good enough on the 1 on 1 contest.

Which year has he kicked 40 goals?

That pick seems about right to me

He kicked 44 goals in 2019.

23 goals from 13 games in 2021 averaging 1.8 goals a game.

Darling averaged 1.9 goals a game in 2021, Kennedy averaged 2.3, Allen 1.3.

It's not world beating, but to give him away for a pick likely to be 55-60 which GWS won't even use just doesn't make sense. 25-35 would've been his value IMO.

Which year has he kicked 40 goals?

That pick seems about right to me

2019 - 44 goals from 23 games

19 goals from 15 games in 2020 and 23 from 13 this year which on goals per game is equivalent to 2019

If port are only giving up a future 3rd for him then it weakens their argument in what they ask for the likes of Ladhams and SPP

Edit : what DS said but he was quicker. BRB folding my account

He kicked 44 goals in 2019.

23 goals from 13 games in 2021 averaging 1.8 goals a game.

Darling averaged 1.9 goals a game in 2021, Kennedy averaged 2.3, Allen 1.3.

It's not world beating, but to give him away for a pick likely to be 55-60 which GWS won't even use just doesn't make sense. 25-35 would've been his value IMO.
GWS probably showing him some compassion given the ongoing covid & family situation -. Again showing how much a bunch of campaigners geelong are.

GWS also have players that can play that position too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back