List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
Brander has such kpp potential that none of the other 17 clubs including gold coast want him...makes you wonder why we don't play him as a kpp hey...
I guess none of the scouts from the other clubs watched him play in the wafl to see how good he is.
Best kept secret in the land.

Replay Cliché] The Best Valentine's Day of the Millennium - New York Cliché

Sydney tried to lure Barrass

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d do it for Logan McDonald and their third!
draft a project KPD with their third.
rookie the best state league KPD as a stop gap option.
Edwards and Gov can cover the loss of Barrass, tell brander he has a spot in the team as a third tall defender.

I can only comment on our experience. My son played his first game of footy in year 9, he changed from another sport. At the end of the season I got this letter from Swans saying he was eligible for the NGA, and please read the enclosed letter which explains what is is and why he is eligible. There was also the contact details and how to register. He was picked up simply because his registration at the beginning of the season asked for country of birth, in his case Hong Kong, he was born up there when my wife and I were doing the ex-pat thing. We are both born in Australia.

From memory the letter was clear, gave me the details of someone to contact, explained the academy and there was no cost, and also from memory the registration process was easy.

He's probably not going to play footy next year and was never going to be drafted anyway. But, and I don't know the answer here, if my boy's country of birth was picked up in his first year, why aren't they all? It's a bloody data base. I have no idea what was in the emails they received, but the letter we got from Swan's was pretty clear. I wonder if the e-mails came from a WAFL club like ours did. As for their parents not understanding what the NGA was, I didn't really have a clue at the time either, but I thought it was explained pretty well.

The irony is his younger brothers are not eligible as we had moved back to Oz when they were born, as they are much more likely to get closer to the required standard. Still pretty hard to get drafted though.

Absolutely no offence meant towards you and your family, but that’s really not what the “multicultural” academies should be for is it. Same with the son of the ex-SANFL player that Adelaide picked up last year because he happened to be born in Egypt while his dad was working there.

If they’re going to persist with it it should be for actual multicultural prospects, kids who otherwise might not be interested in the sport, not kids who happened to be born overseas to Australian parents. They’ve defined it really poorly.

Will be absolutely stoked if Brander sticks around.
Just hope he has come to realise that he's no longer in the position where his attributes and potential afford him much value, he needs to be a contributor (which at times he has).

Equally, hoping the club/whatever WAFL club he is at can give him some greater direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand this move from Dunstan - fringe player at the Saints and wants to try and break into an established midfield that just won the flag?
Dees may be looking at Casey and depth. They have lost Vandenberg and Jones. Melbourne don't have great picks in the draft this year

What would you of taken for Barass?

He’s a 26 year old key defender whose one in the best in the competition at what he does, if he had actual defenders around him, he’d go to another level

It might sound steep, but I wouldn’t of even entertained it unless the deal was 2 1st round picks or Logan McDonald was involved.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dawson is a gun. Moved up the ground midway through this season and had a big impact. He’s still only just hitting his straps really but already shown he will at the very least be a AA level intercept-rebounding half back.

Think he’s worth just as much as Cerra IMO. It’s just that Cerra has been frothed over as a Vic Metro darling since pre-draft

Lol well this certainly blew in branders and his managements face.

What the hell kind of situation has his manager got him involved in?

Love Barrass but i would take that for sure.

We would have picks 4 , 10 & 12 to help rebuild a midfield.

Agreed. I'd prefer to keep him but would do that trade.

Gov and Edwards could hold the fort, whilst we could retain Brander and look at a 3rd tall role for him and/or use one of those picks on a tall.

Moot anyway - but 2 first rounders (one very early) would usually get most deals done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back