List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster****
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

Some of the Eastern State mids may be hard to access this year due to lack of exposure to footy. Will find some bargains late that will come good once they are in an AFL list.
With the borders coming down access shouldn't be a problem. I just hope we have decent talent scouts in the other states who have been able to assess potential draft candidates.

With the borders coming down access shouldn't be a problem. I just hope we have decent talent scouts in the other states who have been able to assess potential draft candidates.
We have the Pieman and Steve Nash in Melbourne and I think we still have a part timer in Duane Massey in Adelaide.

So we have good coverage outside of WA. Whether they want to prioritise contested football and pick some inside or balanced mids with our early picks is a different matter. Not a strong track record

I direct messaged Will Schofields podcast to ask him about the Brander situation and ask wtf is going on at West Coast. He covered it in depth on the podcast. His guest Oscar Allen seemed pretty upset with it all imo... Will wrote back to my inbox saying that "the club has lost its focus on people and you don't have to be a big name or superstar to be an important part of a footy team". Interesting insights.

I direct messaged Will Schofields podcast to ask him about the Brander situation and ask wtf is going on at West Coast. He covered it in depth on the podcast. His guest Oscar Allen seemed pretty upset with it all imo... Will wrote back to my inbox saying that "the club has lost its focus on people and you don't have to be a big name or superstar to be an important part of a footy team". Interesting insights.

Will’s still a bit salty he got the nudge though…

Our need is current players to play with maximum intensity.

Up there you are placing a lot of hope on a player that was a borderline delisting.
For sure, but you can't fix mindset or game plan through trading and drafting. Bringing in more talented players for the positions we have open (or will have open in the near future) is good business at this time of year.

Whether - the squad turns up in shape, the game plan is modified, or the desire is there to win another premiership isn't really up to SPS or pick 12 from the 2021 draft.... (other than their individual preparation)

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant blame anyone but WC incompetence for the Brander situation.

Coming out prior to the trade period and canning him publicly meant every team knew they could sit on him.

Absolute stupidity of the highest order, there's some serious issues going on internally at the moment.

Last edited:
He’s butter from 18 feet is MJ

I can see both WA boys gone and we commit to Sinn
I’ve seen half a dozen phantoms so far and 50% of them have Johnson and Erasmus gone by our first pick. Don’t like those odds when this entire board is expecting Johnson :moustache:

Coming out prior to the trade period and canning him publicly meant every team knew that could sit on him.

Absolute stupidity of the highest order, there's some serious issues going on internally at the moment.

Its ok to say that but what was is value? A third rounder or fourth we probably wouldn’t use??

He is just a bog average player and probably wont have much of a career at gws.

Coming out prior to the trade period and canning him publicly meant every team knew that could sit on him.

Him quitting mid season didn’t help

That IMO would be a very brave draft selection.
There was nothing in Sinn’s game this year, that would have me take him over MJ.

MJ’s two matches against SA ( in particular) were heads and shoulders above Sinn.

Even forgetting the ethnocentric of WA bias and just going best player available, I would take Goater Vic Metro, Knevitt Vic Country and Draper SA ahead of Sinn.

Good player is Sinn, so I am not intending to dish him, but I think there will be better players available to us with our first pick.
It would be a sin to take Sinn.

I'll see myself out....

None of them are fit to hold Sheldrick jock. He proved that multiple times.

If Erasmus and Johnno are gone I say we get out of dodge with that pick 10 and trade it away for a teens pick + change before we do something stupid like take Rachele or a HBF like Sinn with it.

Teens pick we "reach" for Angus Beef knowing he fills a massive hole on our list as a contested clearance winning midfielder, and enjoy the change upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back