List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

Simpson after Rohan picks anyone other than a midfielder and we're down by 50 points before HT as the opposition walks it out of the centre bounces again..

Homer Blank Stare GIF by MOODMAN

But if he selects a midfielder, that midfielder will play on the HFF anyway....

Jordan McArdle

@jordan_mc12
·
5s

“It’s been a great story.” Dandenong Stingrays coach Nick Cox details Jai Culley's transformation from "not conditioned to NAB League level" to "a ball of muscle and really fit". Culley to meet with Adam Simpson today as he firms for pick 1 to West Coast.

1be5fcb30e90152cd640e6cca12cbfe4

Looks like the lovechild of Ty Vickery and Ben Nason to me.

I'm in.

Jordan McArdle
@jordan_mc12
·
5s

“It’s been a great story.” Dandenong Stingrays coach Nick Cox details Jai Culley's transformation from "not conditioned to NAB League level" to "a ball of muscle and really fit". Culley to meet with Adam Simpson today as he firms for pick 1 to West Coast.
WCE Strength and Conditioning team: “Well, replace the word “ball” with “lack” and “fit” with “fat”…”

Jordan McArdle
@jordan_mc12
·
5s

Can't wait for us to try to turn him into a HB flanker

I would love to look now, but there's a stupid paywall.
Shhhh!! Don't tell.
Dandenong Stingrays coach Nick Cox backs West Coast Mid-Season Draft prospect Jai Culley to thrive in the AFL
Jordan McArdle
The West Australian

Jai Culley’s current coach says the mid-season draft hopeful has prepared well for his AFL chance.
Jai Culley’s current coach says the mid-season draft hopeful has prepared well for his AFL chance. Credit: Michael Willson/AFL Photos

Dandenong Stingrays coach Nick Cox says top Mid-Season Draft prospect Jai Culley is “a great footy story” after putting in the work to get on the AFL radar as West Coast firms as his likely destination.

The West Australian understands the 19-year-old will interview with Eagles coach Adam Simpson on Monday evening after the club was handed the top pick in Wednesday’s draft because of their bottom placing on the ladder.

Cox said while NAB League footy was “a mile away” from the AFL, the 193cm midfielder-forward had prepared himself to make a smooth transition.

“I think he can,” Cox told The West Australian.

“He’s well and truly prepared himself for that opportunity if it does arise.

“His running has got a lot better and his conditioning is a lot better.

“Once he gets into that system and gets a feel for the level that he’s got to be at, he’s the type of kid that will grind away.

“He’s not just a good footballer but a good teammate and a really good person.”

Cox said while he thought Culley always had the traits to play at the top level, he had to put in the work during the off-season to catch the eye of recruiters this year.

“His body wasn’t conditioned to the NAB League level last year,” Cox recalled.

“It was his first season in an elite program so learning what was required kept him in good stead.

“Having those conversations with him at the back end of last year about coming back as a 19-year-old, some kids say ‘nah, I’ll move on’, he was one who said yes so we put things into place about what we needed to do.

“He did a fair bit of extra work away from the program, he’s just a ball of muscle now and really lean and fit, so it’s a credit to him and the people who helped him get where he is.

“We always thought that he had the traits, but he’s gone and worked on all the things that he needed to do from last year and done it exceptionally well.

“We couldn’t be happier with where he sits now. He can put all those things into place but he’s also gone out an executed them on the footy field as well.

“It’s been a great story.”

Cox said the talent left-footer had a bit of Sydney veteran Josh Kennedy and Western Bulldogs skipper Marcus Bontempelli about him.

“He’s 193cm, a big inside mid who can go forward,” Cox said.

“He played mainly forward for us last year because his marking ability is quite strong and he kicks the ball really well.

“He could became a Josh Kennedy-type player from Sydney, that big-bodied type.

“He doesn’t move as well as him but he’s got some similar Marcus Bontempelli traits with the way he marks the footy and kicks it.

West Coast have two available spots on their list but are no certainties to use both with premiership defender Tom Cole a chance to come off the inactive list after a long-term ankle injury.

Fremantle are weighing up whether to use their lone pick but could pass due to their healthy injury list.

Tall duo Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle) and Wade Derksen (Peel Thunder) loom as WA’s best hopes with both attracting strong interstate interest.

Derksen has spoken with around a dozen club, with Hawthorn (pick six) keeping close tabs on him.

The Hawks have also shown interest in Teakle along with Port Adelaide, Collingwood and Essendon where he had a pre-season train-on spot a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shhhh!! Don't tell.
Dandenong Stingrays coach Nick Cox backs West Coast Mid-Season Draft prospect Jai Culley to thrive in the AFL
Jordan McArdle
The West Australian

Jai Culley’s current coach says the mid-season draft hopeful has prepared well for his AFL chance.
Jai Culley’s current coach says the mid-season draft hopeful has prepared well for his AFL chance. Credit: Michael Willson/AFL Photos

Dandenong Stingrays coach Nick Cox says top Mid-Season Draft prospect Jai Culley is “a great footy story” after putting in the work to get on the AFL radar as West Coast firms as his likely destination.

The West Australian understands the 19-year-old will interview with Eagles coach Adam Simpson on Monday evening after the club was handed the top pick in Wednesday’s draft because of their bottom placing on the ladder.

Cox said while NAB League footy was “a mile away” from the AFL, the 193cm midfielder-forward had prepared himself to make a smooth transition.

“I think he can,” Cox told The West Australian.

“He’s well and truly prepared himself for that opportunity if it does arise.

“His running has got a lot better and his conditioning is a lot better.

“Once he gets into that system and gets a feel for the level that he’s got to be at, he’s the type of kid that will grind away.

“He’s not just a good footballer but a good teammate and a really good person.”

Cox said while he thought Culley always had the traits to play at the top level, he had to put in the work during the off-season to catch the eye of recruiters this year.

“His body wasn’t conditioned to the NAB League level last year,” Cox recalled.

“It was his first season in an elite program so learning what was required kept him in good stead.

“Having those conversations with him at the back end of last year about coming back as a 19-year-old, some kids say ‘nah, I’ll move on’, he was one who said yes so we put things into place about what we needed to do.

“He did a fair bit of extra work away from the program, he’s just a ball of muscle now and really lean and fit, so it’s a credit to him and the people who helped him get where he is.

“We always thought that he had the traits, but he’s gone and worked on all the things that he needed to do from last year and done it exceptionally well.

“We couldn’t be happier with where he sits now. He can put all those things into place but he’s also gone out an executed them on the footy field as well.

“It’s been a great story.”

Cox said the talent left-footer had a bit of Sydney veteran Josh Kennedy and Western Bulldogs skipper Marcus Bontempelli about him.

“He’s 193cm, a big inside mid who can go forward,” Cox said.

“He played mainly forward for us last year because his marking ability is quite strong and he kicks the ball really well.

“He could became a Josh Kennedy-type player from Sydney, that big-bodied type.

“He doesn’t move as well as him but he’s got some similar Marcus Bontempelli traits with the way he marks the footy and kicks it.

West Coast have two available spots on their list but are no certainties to use both with premiership defender Tom Cole a chance to come off the inactive list after a long-term ankle injury.

Fremantle are weighing up whether to use their lone pick but could pass due to their healthy injury list.

Tall duo Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle) and Wade Derksen (Peel Thunder) loom as WA’s best hopes with both attracting strong interstate interest.

Derksen has spoken with around a dozen club, with Hawthorn (pick six) keeping close tabs on him.

The Hawks have also shown interest in Teakle along with Port Adelaide, Collingwood and Essendon where he had a pre-season train-on spot a few years ago.

Thanks mate.
In InNicNatWeTrust we trust.

One of our issue is our mid's and backline are mainly right foot dominant, easy picking for opposition and completely predicable when moving ball from Half back. Ever wonder why we stop a lot at RHB, player is a right foot kick. Draft inside and outside left footers until we have 50/50 balance. We are less predictable exiting traffic and stoppages, can center ball from HBF with more precision and they are generally better kicks anyway.

Jai Culley perfect start
Both Jones and Duggan are left footers.

The problem is, take out Gov and Barrass and you're left with spuds.
Hough being the exception.

Someone who follows draft stuff tell me - if he’d have waited until the National draft, where would his likeliest range be? Are we picking up a top 25 guy here, or just an interesting midfield option down the line.
Knightmare has him as a 1st rounder in the national draft.
Definitely exciting if thats the case
KM has been known to champion left field picks to appear to be edgy and not following the general consensus tho.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Someone who follows draft stuff tell me - if he’d have waited until the National draft, where would his likeliest range be? Are we picking up a top 25 guy here, or just an interesting midfield option down the line.
  • Ashcroft
  • Wardlaw
  • Lemmey
  • Hewett
  • Busslinger
  • Tsatas
  • Hollands
  • Clark
  • Sheezel
  • George
  • Broadbent
  • Keeler
Are the only names I'd have ahead of him in the up coming draft, Scully close but I need to see more. Love him to play seniors against taller defenders, and or champs before placing him. The above list is based on quality and projected growth/talent. So yeah Culley pretty high end.

I had him top 5 etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back