Certified Legendary Thread Corona, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here) Part 2 "The Second Wave"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they did not make this decision without talking to competent officials,
TGA will make the Final Call, but due to emergency the Drug Trials have been open and sharing their findings, and I can grantee The People who are going to make the decision have access to this data,
We need to be proactive, as mention a while back the Biggest issue Australia was facing was how to get the vaccine out to the public in a timly fashion, this is the process, and it is not done on a whim,
We are dealing in unprecedented times, the way forward is differant than in the past.
Yes but the protocols are not.

I agree with Jenny's views on this I think it will be available earliest in late 2021.
Please stop.
Then You are Wrong, Roll will start in Jan and some are hopeful for a full roll out before winter.
And there will be a meeting of heads pretty soon that will shed some light on the matter, so no I will not stop. there will be no reason too.

Then You are Wrong, Roll will start in Jan and some are hopeful for a full roll out before winter.
And there will be a meeting of heads pretty soon that will shed some light on the matter, so no I will not stop. there will be no reason too.
Walk away. You are working yourself up about something you have little or no knowledge about.

Lots of negativity and barracking against a successful and early rollout. Weird people.
Nobody is being negative about a successful rollout, it's the "early" bit which we're having problems with.

We just don't see how any of the vaccines could possibly be determined to be safe, given the abnormally short period of the trials. It's just too early to have valid answers to many of the questions which need to be answered, before the drugs could be considered safe to administer.

We're all hanging out for a safe and effective vaccine. Unfortunately, there's no way of any such thing appearing on the market before ~2024 or 2025 at the very earliest. What we'll have instead are partially tested drugs, whose long term effects remain completely unknown due to the extremely abbreviated trial process.

Walk away. You are working yourself yp about something you have little or no knowledge about.
No Problem then,
I hope you and others will be Honest and acknowledge it when it happens earlier than you think,
Because if I am Wrong I will man up and Acknowledge it, Will You,

Lot of dick measuring on about who knows most about vaccine development and implementation.

I'm just hoping they get one going ASAP for those countries who are struggling.

At the moment the risk of anyone in Australia catching Covid is next to zero, I can't see the need for Australia to rush into mass vaccinations when the longer term effects aren't/can't be known.

Personally I won't be lining up for a jab anytime soon, how rushed the process has been worries me and we're not planning on an overseas holiday in the next few years.

No Problem then,
I hope you and others will be Honest and acknowledge it when it happens earlier than you think,
Because if I am Wrong I will man up and Acknowledge it, Will You,
I think it will start to become available in limited volumes around March-April. However, it won't be widely available until the second half of the year.

Regardless of when it's unleashed on the public, it still won't be a vaccine which is proven to be safe and effective - it can't possibly be, given the extremely abbreviated trial period which the drug has undergone. There won't be a fully tested vaccine until 2024/25 at the very earliest.

I just hope we don't see millions of people dying as a result of being injected with a drug which turns out to have deadly side effects further down the line. Note that the number of people being exposed to these vaccines will eventually be many, many, many times more than those being exposed to the disease itself. The risk of unleashing a drug which is going to be used on so many people is significant - which is why these drugs need to be fully tested, over a proper period of time (not some half-arsed 6 month trial).

I think it will start to become available in limited volumes around March-April. However, it won't be widely available until the second half of the year.

Regardless of when it's unleashed on the public, it still won't be a vaccine which is proven to be safe and effective - it can't possibly be, given the extremely abbreviated trial period which the drug has undergone. There won't be a fully tested vaccine until 2024/25 at the very earliest.
It will be an Approved Vaccine,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of dick measuring on about who knows most about vaccine development and implementation.

At the moment the risk of anyone in Australia catching Covid is next to zero, I can't see the need for Australia to rush into mass vaccinations when the longer term effects aren't/can't be known.

Personally I won't be lining up for a jab anytime soon, how rushed the process has been worries me and we're not planning on an overseas holiday in the next few years.
I lost mine in my ex-wife's handbag so there is nothing to measure.

Its funny the positive footy people have turned the negative covid people and vice versa.
There’s a logical reason for this but ****ed if I know what it is. 😜

That’s cool as long as we’re given the option as I do desperately need to go OS as soon as is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back