Could we yet lose Tippett???

Remove this Banner Ad

But you do understand the difference between highly rated and ACTUALLY having done something? How does he go from being a first round pick to being worth two first round picks inside a year, a year in which he did nothing?

To be fair, he was selected with pick 3. Pick 3 would be worth two average first round picks, it's fair to say. And pick 3 may as well have been pick 1, since they had the first three picks. Sam Day hasn't done anything yet, but then you wouldn't expect a raw tall to do anything in his first season. For me it's a nil-all draw in terms of whether his value has gone up or down at this stage, unless these stories about him not turning up to training because he couldn't be stuffed drag his value down. I must admit I didn't follow those stories, can somebody fill me in?

Christ, I wish people on this board would realize that not every spotty young kid amounts to something. Day is a prospect that has proven nothing. Tippett has tangibly shown an enormous amount more. If we traded for Day, it would be US taking the gamble. Which I'd support, because we need to roll the dice, but he could be Luke Molan. He hasn't actually played that many good games at ANY level. He's mostly been considered an athletic freak - just like Tippett, except he hasn't actually proven anything yet.

BigFooty is notorious for over-rating draft picks and unproven young kids.

Day could be great, but he might not be.

Kurt is a 50+ goal a year forward (with mediocre delivery!) already.

Settle down sport.

Nowhere have I said that I think Sam day is worth that much. It's purely been about what I think Gold Coast will think he's worth as an 18 year old athletic freak growing up playing football (albeit amongst other sports as well) taken at pick 3 as opposed to a 24 year old freak who was a late converter from basketball taken at pick 32. I guess it has a lot to do with where they are in there development as a club and when they think their premiership window is as to what players they believe hold more value to them.

I personally don't think tippet plus our first round pick is fair trade for us but like I said what I've been saying is what I think gold coast will want (especially if the whole get out clause is true).

Well, if the clause it true, we're buggered on all fronts.

Personally, I think it is a good trade for all concerned, and about right value. Both clubs will probably start asking for something extra - I'd like to think we'd actually get it, but I wouldn't be stressed if we didn't.

This!

Why would you give up a known good-great forward who will only get better in the next few years for a complete unknown (although rated highly in the draft)

Well, if the clause it true, we're buggered on all fronts.

Exactly. If this is true and now it's been made public, we could get nothing short of a stale loaf of bread for him.....

Personally, I think it is a good trade for all concerned, and about right value. Both clubs will probably start asking for something extra - I'd like to think we'd actually get it, but I wouldn't be stressed if we didn't.

If this was going to be entertained by both clubs I'd hope it be more along the lines of tippet plus a late 2nd rounder/3rd rounder rather than an earlyish first rounder, especially in this years draft

Spot on Kurt is still a young man who has shown he has all the attributes to be a top flight player.
A new coach and a better forward structure will help Tippett enormously.

A few mid fielders who can kick the ball to him will also help.
Kurt is one of the few players we can't afford to lose.

Spot on Kurt is still a young man who has shown he has all the attributes to be a top flight player.
A new coach and a better forward structure will help Tippett enormously.

A few mid fielders who can kick the ball to him will also help.
Kurt is one of the few players we can't afford to lose.

I agree that we don't want to lose Kurt.

But just a thought, Kurt's best footy is probably going to be the next 5-6 years. Once he's 30+ we're not really sure what can happen. In 5 years time Sam Day is going to be 23-24 and starting to play his best footy (speculating as you never really know what can happen).
Is our next premiership window in the next 5 years or in 5-10 years?

By no means am I saying we should try and do the trade but it's one way of looking at it if the trade were to happen

I agree that we don't want to lose Kurt.

But just a thought, Kurt's best footy is probably going to be the next 5-6 years. Once he's 30+ we're not really sure what can happen. In 5 years time Sam Day is going to be 23-24 and starting to play his best footy (speculating as you never really know what can happen).
Is our next premiership window in the next 5 years or in 5-10 years?

By no means am I saying we should try and do the trade but it's one of looking at it if the trade were to happen

And Sam Day is a South Aussie. From now on, I hope we draft basically State Of Origin teams. And when picking up interstaters, ask them in the interview if they want to play for us. Save a lot of grief....

If Tippett wants to go or intends to next year, piss him off now...

Kennedy, Day and an early 2012 first round pick for Davis, Vince and Tippett.... Do it!

We will come bottom next year, will get the number 1 pick, have our compo pick upgraded to number 2 and we will be on the way to being a good side again....

Message from Kurt Tippett video is up on the crows website!

Anyone listened to it yet? Anything of interest?

I'm at work and will get nasty glares from everyone if they hear my computer doing something other than work....

Although i do see that the club and Milera have officially parted company

Wow that doesn't sound promising.

If I were running the club that wouldnt be good enough for me, I would need to know his intentions with regards to staying at the afc following the end of this contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were running the club that wouldnt be good enough for me, I would need to know his intentions with regards to staying at the afc following the end of this contract

What are you on about.

Why does he have to know what he will want to do at the end of his contract 18 months out, that's ridiculous

That doesn't sound promising at all. He'll play out the end of his contract (end of 2012) and then I'd be very surprised if he stays with the AFC.

Needs a haircut.

Why are people worried by that? He said he would likely return to the Gold Coast at some stage in his LIFE. Key word there is 'LIFE'. That could mean when his contract expires, 5 years down the track or when he finishes his football career. Kurt also seems like the type of bloke that would make sure we are compensated well if he did request a trade at some point.

He is NOT going to come out an say anything different. He is going to be non-committal because he has a new contract to negotiate at some point.

Pavlich sounded like that every time he got brought up as returning to SA but we all know he is a Docker for life. Tippett would be stupid to come out and say I am a Crow for life knowing full well that if he keeps beating to this drum it will work in his favour come to time to negotiate his contract.

I would be VERY surprised if he doesn't extend his contract by mid next year

Told you Caro was full of shit. Never, ever listen to what this mole writes or says.

I honestly did, from the bottom of my heart, at one time, want to respect her as a journalist but after a few bullshit reports too many that spewed forth from her mouth/pen, I have decided she has not an ounce of credibility.

Id like to think that too, but at the end of the day if he wants out, he will go and have nothing to do with trade process.

He would have alot to do with what value we got from Gold Coast by not allowing them to hold us to ransom by threatening PSD. Tippo could say to them "I won't allow you to take me uncontracted through the PSD". That straight away take massive leaverage off low finishing teams.

Told you Caro was full of shit. Never, ever listen to what this mole writes or says.

I honestly did, from the bottom of my heart, at one time, want to respect her as a journalist but after a few bullshit reports too many that spewed forth from her mouth/pen, I have decided she has not an ounce of credibility.

um... sarcasm?

The video did nothing other than enhance her story.

No, it didn't. But I guess everyone will hear what they want to hear.

?

He said hes contracted and plans to honor it- the club has already said it will not trade him. Nothing new there.

He said hes a goldy boy at heart and plans to return at some stage.... which is kinda what caros story was about.

Why are people worried by that? He said he would likely return to the Gold Coast at some stage in his LIFE. Key word there is 'LIFE'. That could mean when his contract expires, 5 years down the track or when he finishes his football career. Kurt also seems like the type of bloke that would make sure we are compensated well if he did request a trade at some point.

I am one that usually shows no concern to these things, I've always been confident that Tex would stay however I'm starting to sense that Tippett is feeling the lure to return home

I may be wrong however I read the "return to GC at some stage in his Life" as Footy Life

why would he need to go into detail about being a GC and Beach boy, it came across as planting a seed

he is contracted full stop, there was no need to make a statement at all

He would have alot to do with what value we got from Gold Coast by not allowing them to hold us to ransom by threatening PSD. Tippo could say to them "I won't allow you to take me uncontracted through the PSD". That straight away take massive leaverage off low finishing teams.

By low finishing teams you mean the suns. they may not have pick 1 anyways.

Not rubbishing that so much, but if he decides to bail, and the suns are pricks about it... he will have absolutely no say in negotiations.

When has a player ever said Im off- but only if my club gets a good pick for me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we yet lose Tippett???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back