Craig says 6 - 7 players will go.... who will they be?

Remove this Banner Ad

A few weeks ago I would have thought Torney might be in trouble - if only from an age perspective given the next few years will be about managing the 30 year olds.

But with some of the older players departed or close to - I think Torney will be spared which is good news.

Roo
Ken
Hudson
Perrie
Maric:confused:
Jericho
Hinge

IMO means Massie, Doughty stay safe - Bode probably gets another repreive....

I'd like to see us go after Didak and McMahon if possible. No point trading for ruckmen with Biggles, Griff, Maric, and Tippett still on the list.

One I'd like to get back sooner than later was running around in the #4 for Geelong on Saturday and had a very very good game. A class ball carrier - but of course any prospect we had of securing a deal went out the window with the Flag.
Maric? You mean Meesen obviously

One I'd like to get back sooner than later was running around in the #4 for Geelong on Saturday and had a very very good game. A class ball carrier - but of course any prospect we had of securing a deal went out the window with the Flag.
Yep Port certainly tried to get Mackie back to SA, but he didn't want to come. After 4 years he has finally made it as a regular player, and I don't see him wanting to come back now.

A few weeks ago I would have thought Torney might be in trouble - if only from an age perspective given the next few years will be about managing the 30 year olds.
Torney had a great season. When the chips were down and we had to win towards the end of the year Torney stepped up to the plate and delivered. Class act. Has a few years yet as long as he stays fit and gets through pre-seasons.

Torney had a great season. When the chips were down and we had to win towards the end of the year Torney stepped up to the plate and delivered. Class act. Has a few years yet as long as he stays fit and gets through pre-seasons.

Yep, deserves one more season. 2007 was arguably his best season ever.

I think we will see MUCH more of a clean-out of our older players at the end of 2008.

I think McGregor might stay because there is apparently no interest in him.

All our trade currency has named a particular club and are prepared to walk unless they are traded there. All the currency we had going into the trade week is now low on value. I can see us getting McMahon for Hudson even though I think that is a hell of a one sided deal for Bulldogs but we probably have no other choice.

McGregor. Rucci wrote there was no interest in him but I doubt that to be the case Stiffy. The same man had previously written that there were 3 to 4 clubs interested in Kenny.

McMahon. I agree with your concerns re trading Huddo for him apart from the fact that we are being openly r*ped on the deal, which we will be any way.

I think I'd rather try to weasel draft picks out of the Bullies, even though they probably won't reflect Huddo's true value.

McGregor. Rucci wrote there was no interest in him but I doubt that to be the case Stiffy. The same man had previously written that there were 3 to 4 clubs interested in Kenny.

McMahon. I agree with your concerns re trading Huddo for him apart from the fact that we are being openly r*ped on the deal, which we will be any way.

I think I'd rather try to weasel draft picks out of the Bullies, even though they probably won't reflect Huddo's true value.
Re McGregor, I am not going by what Rucci said. I am going by what John Reid has said on 5AA. He said that there has been no interest in Kenny from other clubs that he is aware of and that he expects Ken to get back to the club on their offer sometime this week.

But with some of the older players departed or close to - I think Torney will be spared which is good news.

Roo
Ken
Hudson
Perrie
Maric - edit (I meant Meesen)
Jericho
Hinge

IMO means Massie, Doughty stay safe - Bode probably gets another repreive....

I'd like to see us go after Didak and McMahon if possible. No point trading for ruckmen with Biggles, Griff, Maric, and Tippett still on the list.

Spot on Mad Dog. 7 delistees is plenty in one season and at least 4 of those will be 28 next year or older.

Biglands and Doughty are contracted for another year, so they get a reprieve. Torney, Massie and Shirley have been mentioned in this thread, but for me, they are keepers. Shirley's last couple of games for the club when the heat was on, was excellent and I can't think of why people would want to get rid of him - An important cog in the midfield.

The only one I would consider would be Bode instead of Hinge. Bode's body may be a worry in holding up and Hinge has showed some promise playing for the Bays this year. Delisting Bode would also help in moving on some of the older contingent of the squad. I'm 50/50 on that one.

If we could snare someone like McMahon who I rate, he could add some pace to our midfield. Unfortunately Didak may cost us too much, but McMahon may be snared in the Huddo deal.

Some good trading, along with some clever drafting (and I think we have done very well in the last 3 years at the draft table), we could turn around our list pretty quickly.

If we could snare someone like McMahon who I rate, he could add some pace to our midfield.
He won't!

He is a HBF/wingman. We already have pace in the backline/wing in Mattner, McLeod and Johncock. McMahon hasn't shown enough to suggest he can play in the midfield on a regular basis. WB have tried to turn him into one since the day they drafted him but we no success. He can't put on enough muscle to esure he won't get swallowed in the guts.

Unfortunately Didak may cost us too much, but McMahon may be snared in the Huddo deal.
And there is a reason for that. He is FAR more superior player to McMahon and they are the same age! ;)

Biglands and Doughty are contracted for another year, so they get a reprieve.

Noooooooo!

Doughty is useless. The guy's played 100 odd games and in only a handful has he done anything. He can't negate an opposition player and can't hurt oppositions when loose. What does he do? Take a mark, stop, prop and look for a backward handball? CONSTANTLY! He hasn't improved one bit since his inception and IMO is just taking up the position of a youngster who could easily be blooded to play his role and gain valuable experience.

Stop washing NC's car Doughty! :mad:

Noooooooo!

Doughty is useless. The guy's played 100 odd games and in only a handful has he done anything. He can't negate an opposition player and can't hurt oppositions when loose. What does he do? Take a mark, stop, prop and look for a backward handball? CONSTANTLY! He hasn't improved one bit since his inception and IMO is just taking up the position of a youngster who could easily be blooded to play his role and gain valuable experience.

Maybe if so many hadnt walked he would have been in serious contention... it has to be a numbers game now and Doughty wins this year

He won't!

He is a HBF/wingman. We already have pace in the backline/wing in Mattner, McLeod and Johncock. McMahon hasn't shown enough to suggest he can play in the midfield on a regular basis. WB have tried to turn him into one since the day they drafted him but we no success. He can't put on enough muscle to esure he won't get swallowed in the guts.

Mattner -may- be traded and McMahon would still be a good addition to our list, although you are correct he doesn't have the muscle to be able to cope in the midfield.

And there is a reason for that. He is FAR more superior player to McMahon and they are the same age! ;)

That was implied.

Noooooooo!

Yep have to agree with you San. Add doesn't run and carry the ball or kick goals to his resume. Gee, we need some midfielder who can hurt the opposition on the scoreboard. An area will have to improve on next year.

Oh well, next will be he last then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Torney, Massie and Shirley definitely showed enough at the end of the year to ensure they will stay. Although I would be suprised if any of them lasted much longer than next year.

Torney started to show signs of slowing down this year, still very damaging at times and very valuble, wouldn't mind seeing him playing in the forward line a bit more, knows where the goals are and has a defensive side to his game that could be useful.

Massie and Shirley will be in and out of the side, Massie will struggle with basset back and shirley needs to be at his very best every week to warrent a spot.

Doughty is lucky he has an extra year, anyway to pay him out?

Realistically I think these players will not be on the list next year

Roo (Retired)
Hudson (Traded)
Meesen (Traded)
Jericho ( Traded/Delisted)
Perrie (Delisted/Retired)
Pfeiffer (Delisted)
MacKay (Delisted)

plus none of the rookies will be retained

Roo (Retired)
Hudson (Traded)
Meesen (Traded)
Pfeiffer (Delisted)
MacKay (Delisted)

lol
Why do you think those two will be delisted may I ask?

Roo (Retired)
Hudson (Traded)
Meesen (Traded)
Pfeiffer (Delisted)
MacKay (Delisted)

I doubt the last 2 will be delisted.

Roo - retired
Hudson - Bullies trade
Meesen - Dees trade
Jericho - Carlton trade / delisted
McGregor - Bullies trade
Perrie - delisted
Bode - delisted

lol
Why do you think those two will be delisted may I ask?

merely for the fact that both of them have not played a senior AFL match, they both did not have the good seasons in the SANFL, Pfeiffer has been on the list for two seasons and has done nothing but get into off field trouble and also when you look at it they are really the only two players on the list of the rookie senior list players that did not get even close to get selected where as McIntyre who has shown a lot of promise in the back line this year with North came close on a couple of times to get a game.

I said MacKay would be delisted and McIntyre would not be

:confused:

McIntyre is gone. No chance to be retained.

But MacKay delisted? :eek:. You do know he missed all but 1 or 2 games of the SANFL season through injury right? And when he played, he was sensational.

MacKay's from the superdraft, have a look at who got chosen around his mark last year. Have a look at Daniel Connors at the bottom....those lucky to have seen him in the VFL will know how good this kid will be.

Look at someone like Schofield...incredible debut in the backlines for WCE..such poise about him.....hard to imagine he was taken at pick 50.

MacKay has been very good when he gets out on the park, these block of players...if they were to be in this years draft would all probably move 10-15 spots higher in the draft order.

The guys that are marked have had pretty damn good first seasons whether it be reserves or AFL. Most of them actually. Tomahawk's not marked because he would have been #2 or #3 in this draft, but you get my drift.

98161245bh7.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Craig says 6 - 7 players will go.... who will they be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back