Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That Mt Barker oval apparently becoming a bit of a white elephant

Currently without a summer or a winter tennant I believe due to costs
It was always going to be.

The Footy Club had no say in the design of the facilities, and were ignored when they raised concerns. Changerooms are woefully inadequate, clubrooms are half the size of their previous ones on Wellington Rd, no bar and a tiny kitchen.

I’m still amazed Norwood gets Gather Round matches given the state of Norwood’s surface.

Last night there were some decent potholes in the ground being filled in by ground staff at each break.
Have you seen the state of the surface for the last 2 years and you’re still amazed?

Plus the Parade was pumping on the Sunday and Dillon walked past me, he had to be impressed with what he saw.

Face it Norwood is the home of football and gather round

I’m still amazed Norwood gets Gather Round matches given the state of Norwood’s surface.

Last night there were some decent potholes in the ground being filled in by ground staff at each break.
This is despite having brick walls about 2m from the boundary line on the broadcast side and the worst interchange "boxes" in the league

This is despite having brick walls about 2m from the boundary line on the broadcast side and the worst interchange "boxes" in the league
And yet it’s the highlight of Gather Round.

When’s the last time a players been hurt by the brick wall?

Oh no, won’t someone think of the interchange “boxes”.

Seriously, Bruce whinging about the surface now whilst ignoring what the surface is like for gather round is peak envy.

It's so easy to rile up the Norwood fans, George you make it too easy.
He’s proud to admit his allegiance
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Last edited:
Why doesn't Norwood get done up properly?

Does it still host baseball too?

Could be an amazing ground. In such a good spot, fans close to the action etc but the entire outer is a decrepit, bitumen relic of the 1960s

Gary McIntosh and co would probably do the paving and landscaping for them for free

Could be an amazing ground. In such a good spot, fans close to the action etc but the entire outer is a decrepit, bitumen relic of the 1960s

Gary McIntosh and co would probably do the paving and landscaping for them for free
Would they get their money back, assuming Macca doesn't come to the party?
I doubt they would draw bigger SANFL crowds than the 2-3000 diehards, who don't care about bitumen, they're already getting. Gather Rounds get above 9000 with a ground capacity of 10,000 so that wouldn't change much.

The record crowd for Norwood Oval was apparently 20,280 against Port in 1971 - should've done the paving then at 70's prices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean done up properly? You can’t mess with perfection

Would they get their money back, assuming Macca doesn't come to the party?
I doubt they would draw bigger SANFL crowds than the 2-3000 diehards, who don't care about bitumen, they're already getting. Gather Rounds get above 9000 with a ground capacity of 10,000 so that wouldn't change much.

The record crowd for Norwood Oval was apparently 20,280 against Port in 1971 - should've done the paving then at 70's prices.
We aren’t toffs at Norwood, who cares about pavers

Maybe they could bulldoze and start again.
In all seriousness it would be hard given the close proximity of surrounding streets

Norwood Oval is great for a spectator, makes you feel like you're back in the early part of the 20th century, all except those horrid LED signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back