D3 2009 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was expecting a little chatter on here early from the Powerhouse boys - has a tight lid been put on Vegemite?

**see what I did there**

Ah, Snipe; I suppose there is not much to say other than the House are very happy to be through to the Grand Final. Bad luck the the SMS boys (although well done to the ones). Good game played in good spirit in the 2s and to their credit, SMS did not give up.

Big week on the track for the House and looking forward to another crack at the Demons.

Was expecting a little chatter on here early from the Powerhouse boys - has a tight lid been put on Vegemite?

**see what I did there**

Hey Snipe - whats this about: **see what I did there**

Were you 1 of the Bentleigh boys lurking around our huddle at the 1/4 and 3/4 time addresses.

Hey Snipe - whats this about: **see what I did there**

Were you 1 of the Bentleigh boys lurking around our huddle at the 1/4 and 3/4 time addresses.

Sorry I thought it was self explanatory. Was making reference to my "play on words"/bad joke. You know "tight lid"..."vegemite". A jar of vegemite has a lid....told you it was bad.

Yeah I was there at the huddle. Can't say I learnt too many secrets from listening to Warde, other than don't stop. But he does let his football do most of the talking, good leader on the field.

It's not against the rules

After SMS rd 15 lost to Bentleigh I am now wondering if they "experimented with their line up" for the last few games so that the would finish 3rd? If so not a bad plan, instead of playing Bentleigh last week they now just take them on in the big one.

For a change of pace has anyone heard from this guy - Rooster 1979

posted this late last year: Odds For 2009:

Team Premiership Promotion Final 4 Relegation Spoon
1 Bentleigh $ 6.50 $ 3.00 $ 1.60 $ 11.00 $ 21.00
2 Power House $ 7.50 $ 4.00 $ 1.90 $ 8.00 $ 15.00
3 West Brunswick $ 7.50 $ 4.00 $ 1.90 $ 6.00 $ 12.00
4 Elsternwick $ 8.00 $ 4.00 $ 2.00 $ 6.00 $ 12.00
5 Monash Gryphons $ 9.00 $ 4.50 $ 2.10 $ 4.50 $ 9.00
6 Hawthorn $ 9.00 $ 4.50 $ 1.80 $ 4.50 $ 9.00
7 St. John's OC $ 12.00 $ 6.00 $ 3.50 $ 4.00 $ 8.00
8 UHS-VU $ 12.00 $ 6.00 $ 3.50 $ 4.00 $ 7.50
9 St. Francis Xavier $ 15.00 $ 8.00 $ 3.80 $ 4.00 $ 6.00
10 St. Mary's / Salesian $ 21.00 $ 11.00 $ 4.00 $ 3.00 $ 4.50

Has he gone AWOL because he owes too much :D

For a change of pace has anyone heard from this guy - Rooster 1979

posted this late last year: Odds For 2009:

Team Premiership Promotion Final 4 Relegation Spoon
1 Bentleigh $ 6.50 $ 3.00 $ 1.60 $ 11.00 $ 21.00
2 Power House $ 7.50 $ 4.00 $ 1.90 $ 8.00 $ 15.00
3 West Brunswick $ 7.50 $ 4.00 $ 1.90 $ 6.00 $ 12.00
4 Elsternwick $ 8.00 $ 4.00 $ 2.00 $ 6.00 $ 12.00
5 Monash Gryphons $ 9.00 $ 4.50 $ 2.10 $ 4.50 $ 9.00
6 Hawthorn $ 9.00 $ 4.50 $ 1.80 $ 4.50 $ 9.00
7 St. John's OC $ 12.00 $ 6.00 $ 3.50 $ 4.00 $ 8.00
8 UHS-VU $ 12.00 $ 6.00 $ 3.50 $ 4.00 $ 7.50
9 St. Francis Xavier $ 15.00 $ 8.00 $ 3.80 $ 4.00 $ 6.00
10 St. Mary's / Salesian $ 21.00 $ 11.00 $ 4.00 $ 3.00 $ 4.50

Has he gone AWOL because he owes too much :D

Can anyone from Bentleigh or SMS offer any thoughts on whether their respectives sides are greatly improved if at all from the 2008 models??

Or is the D2 to D3 move quite significant??

Can anyone from Bentleigh or SMS offer any thoughts on whether their respectives sides are greatly improved if at all from the 2008 models??

Fair to say both sides look quite a bit different to their 2008 sides. I know we at SMS were crippled with injuries in 08 which didn't help (Although this year hasn't been great either on that front!!). There has also been quite a few additions to the side in 09. I personally don't think there is a massive difference between the grades, there is a difference, but not huge..!

Fair to say both sides look quite a bit different to their 2008 sides. I know we at SMS were crippled with injuries in 08 which didn't help (Although this year hasn't been great either on that front!!). There has also been quite a few additions to the side in 09. I personally don't think there is a massive difference between the grades, there is a difference, but not huge..!

There were 10 players for us on the weekend that did not play for SMS last year. Of those 5 are players that returned to the club this year, 1 is an under 18, and 4 were mates of players already at the club. Add to that 5 players who missed the majority or all of 08 and you have a significantly differnt look to the 2008 model.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bentleigh were fortunate this year to recruit about half a dozen players to the club which had played a higher level than D2 & D3, so we were vastly different to the 2008 side. I agree with Griff, not a big drop in the standard. I think the top 3 D3 sides this year would definately have been knocking on the door for finals in D2 this year.

Good to hear from you again Drifter, look forward to trading posts with you next season.

has onyone noticed the top 4 this season was sorted after round 2 :thumbsu: :p

well done to st marys on making it to the granny and gaining D2 promotion. starting to get a healthy rivalry going with bentleigh as these clubs have spent the last couple of years in the same league with each other and will do the same again in 2010. good to see them face off this coming weekend and add to this developing rivalry. the teams will know each other too well by the time they play each other again in D2. should be a ripper game this week if st marys can play as they did after quarter time on last saturday... 18 goals to st francis 4 after that stage it some sort of effort!

has onyone noticed the top 4 this season was sorted after round 2 :thumbsu: :p

well done to st marys on making it to the granny and gaining D2 promotion. starting to get a healthy rivalry going with bentleigh as these clubs have spent the last couple of years in the same league with each other and will do the same again in 2010. good to see them face off this coming weekend and add to this developing rivalry. the teams will know each other too well by the time they play each other again in D2. should be a ripper game this week if st marys can play as they did after quarter time on last saturday... 18 goals to st francis 4 after that stage it some sort of effort!

Bentleigh used to play against St. Marys back in the ESCFL so they have a history back to the early 90's.

Good to hear from you again mate.

In reversing the question, howd you boys find D1, will be good to see how we match up against you boys next season! But until then... there's a big game on this Saturday!!

Only 3 days away now for SMS and Bentleigh!

Predictions
Seniors - Bentleigh by 5 points
Reserves - Bentleigh by 68 points
Having not watched a game of D3 this season, I figured I have as much hope as anyone of predicting the winners & Norm Smith medalists, so here goes:

Bentleigh by 32 pts in seniors, Norm Smith to Shane Fergus
Bentleigh by 15 pts in reserves, Norm Smith to Kyle Rodwell

Reserves - powerhouse by 12 points
Seniors - St Mary by 17 points - best on crill or cam Armstrong
Sorry to say it but Bentleigh will choke in yet anther grand final. Good luck to all

Reserves - powerhouse by 12 points
Seniors - St Mary by 17 points - best on crill or cam Armstrong
Sorry to say it but Bentleigh will choke in yet anther grand final. Good luck to all
BFC snrs - 11pts - Magnifico BOG, tipping a brawl on qtr time as SMS try to unsettle BFC
BFC res - 1pt - Francis BOG

BFC snrs - 11pts - Magnifico BOG, tipping a brawl on qtr time as SMS try to unsettle BFC
BFC res - 1pt - Francis BOG

Im tipping a brawl throughout the 2's game because powerhouse will target the dees!!!! cant wait to see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back